PDA

View Full Version : Remembering 9/11

DOOM
09-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Rembering all the victims and brave people that lost their lives today!

NEVER FORGET! :flag:

gdsqdcr
09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Some gave all, all gave some.

Never forget!

GAMike
09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
:flag:The United States of America is that beacon of hope to the entire world..... Innocent people lost their lives because terrorists were envious of this fact. Jealous that they could never attain the same stature as our nation or enjoy the lifestyles and tolerances within our borders.....

These Radical Islamists wanted to replace our society with doubt, fear and terror..... Regardless of your politics, all Americans should stand together, unified that this should never happen again and the our leaders should be relentless in their pursuit of radical terrorists of any stripe, who intend to do our citizens harm......

Never Forget:flag:

MOTOWN
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday! couldnt forget if i wanted to.

Ms. Denmark
09-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Eleven years ago.....feels like yesterday. We can't forget.

HammerDown
09-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Rembering all the victims and brave people that lost their lives today!

NEVER FORGET! :flag:

#1 on THAT ^^^^^^^

ROCOB
09-11-2012, 03:19 AM
:flag: NEVER FORGET! :flag:

boatmangc
09-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Never Forget

Bluerauder
09-11-2012, 03:30 AM
I posted this on the 5th Anniversary of 9-11 .... I'll never forget that day. :(

11 September 2006

This coming Monday is the 5th Anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center (WTC) complex, the Pentagon, and on UA Flight #93 over Shanksville, PA. A total of 2,973 persons were killed that day. Another 24 remain missing.

:flag: I will be flying my flag proudly on Monday “In Remembrance” of the victims and their families. Hope that you will join me in doing the same. Never forget. I won’t. :flag:

On the morning of 11 September 2001, I was checking out of the hotel at the US Military Academy at West Point, NY following a conference. As I was passing through the main gate in a rental car toward Highland Falls and Newark International Airport, I heard the first announcement of a small plane striking one of the towers at the World Trade Center. Initially, this struck me as very odd. I thought to myself that a small plane would have to work hard to hit such an obvious building. Maybe the pilot had a medical emergency and lost control of the aircraft.

About 15 minutes later, the radio announcer revealed that the second tower had been hit by another plane. The sky was clear and it was a beautiful day, no way this was accidental. I knew immediately that this was a deliberate attack and that terrorists were responsible. I continued on my way south along the Palisades Parkway and then the Garden State Parkway. Several emergency responders with blue lights flashing and rolling pretty fast passed me along the way. As I got closer to the Tappan Zee Bridge, I saw signs that said “New York City was Closed”. No traffic other than emergency vehicles were permitted.

I continued on my way toward Newark airport. Just as I crossed into New Jersey on the Garden State Parkway, the radio announcer said that a 3rd plane had hit the Pentagon (my old office at 3C529 was obliterated in that instant). We were at war with someone. I needed to stop and collect my thoughts – what to do now? A rest stop with gas station was only about a mile ahead. I pulled in and stopped and just sat a few minutes. Get a coke and calm down some – what the heck is happening??? Is the airport even open now?? What about the rental car?? Try to call – fat chance – everything is busy. While debating with myself whether I should continue on to the airport, a northbound car pulled into the reststop. A guy staggered out of his car and sat down on the curb. I rushed over to see if I could assist. He just said that one of the World Trade Center towers just collapsed. I jumped back in my rental car and turned on the radio. I was stunned and in disbelief. The past hour had been surreal.

In that single minute, my decision was clear. I am driving back to Virginia. Screw the rental car, I need to get home. I turned around and headed back the way I came. Back to I-87, then I-287 to I-78 to I-83 and south. All day I listened to reports on the radio. Plane crashing in Pennsylvania. Just words, no pictures, no TV, no CNN news reports. Lots of speculation and the images forming in my head were difficult to accept. The road rolled on. Tried to call home several times – no luck at all. Easton, Harrisburg, and York, PA Baltimore, MD then Washington, DC and out to Dulles Airport. Had to drop off the rental and pick up my car.

As I approached the National Rental car gate, I noticed that it was closed. In fact, traffic at Dulles was nearly non-existent. Very unusual – a virtual ghost town. I stop at the gate and a guy came over and opened it. I told him that I was there to turn in the car. No charge for the car. No shuttles back to the parking lot. One of the National guys offered to drop me off in his personal car as he was departing. Got in my T-Bird and clicked on the radio. More talk and speculation. Four planes total. US airspace shut down completely.

The guy at the parking lot toll booth waved me through. No charge today. Home was still about 45 minutes away. More radio reports. Both WTC towers gone. Pentagon still burning. Many people dead and dying. Still can’t call home.

I pulled into my driveway at exactly 5 PM that night. My trip had been a full 8 hours from start to finish. My wife ran out to the car and just threw her arms around me. For a minute or maybe more we just stood there. Finally, she said “I know you too well …. I knew that you’d be driving back today”. If I said that I didn’t break down and cry briefly at that moment, I’d be lying. The rush of the past 8 hours completely enveloped me in that moment. In the car for so long I had not been able to share my building grief at all of the events of the day. Finally being at home with everyone safe and together, I lost control. There I said it.

I went into the house and clicked on the TV to see the video and images that most everyone else had be seeing all day. Several birthday presents sat on the dining room table. There would be no party tonight. It took more than a week to even bring myself to open any of them. It just didn't seem appropriate.

Over time, I would find out that 22 of the victims at the Pentagon were from Prince William County, VA were among the nearly 3,000 who died that day. One was an usher at our church. One of our VFD paramedics was in New York City on vacation. He died in the WTC collapse after he rushed from his nearby hotel to offer his help. Several other friends and acquaintences had close calls and near misses or just happened to be somewhere else when their offices were destroyed. I am still overwhelmed by the events of that day. Putting them down on paper like this kinda helps. Thanks for listening.

MM2004
09-11-2012, 03:45 AM
That day, I will never forget as it is burned into my memory.

Mike.

Papillon
09-11-2012, 06:32 AM
11 years ago to the day. Weather was much like it is today in NYC, sunny and beautiful with blue skies. What started off as a gorgeous day, became one of the most important days in history and a day that changed the world forever.

Proud to be an American, even more proud to be a New Yorker.

Forgetting will never be an option.

:flag:

Curless
09-11-2012, 06:43 AM
11 years ago this morning, I was here in my office, no facebook, no myspace, just e-bay and watching news 8 via dial up....then the breaking story...our lives forever changed that day. Thank You, to all those that gave of themselves that day. May God rest those soles that were lost...

ctrlraven
09-11-2012, 06:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jlgZMZRf64
3jlgZMZRf64

blackwater1311
09-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Never forget. God Bless America !!!!

MMcactusflower
09-11-2012, 08:35 AM
We shall NEVER FORGET this day in our history.

God Bless This Country!

Guittard22
09-11-2012, 08:44 AM
11 years have past on a day that will never be forgotten in our hearts . Rest in peace to all the family's that have lost love ones

CWright
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I will NEVER FORGET! I am thankful for our commitment to FREEDOM! May GOD continue to bless our country!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/GOD_Bless_America.jpg
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/Remember911BaldEagleTear_JPG-300x2941.jpg
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/no-mercy-remember-sept.png

fastblackmerc
09-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Will never forget.

God Bless America !!!

Rockettman
09-11-2012, 10:33 AM
(Pic copied from "CWright's" post above)

LOVE THIS ! AWESOME !

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/no-mercy-remember-sept.png

kernie
09-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Remembering all of the victims of 9\11.

Roadwarrior
09-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Never forget. God Bless America !!!!

+1 ^^^ :flag:

LUCKY GENE
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weB_5VoDlM

At that moment, on that day, and every day since, I have known only this...
Anger.
Rage.
Fist-clenching, jaw-grinding, impotent rage at the assault on my home, my city, my Country. Pacing through the house like a caged beast, screaming curses at the obscenities flashing before my eyes. Vowing vengeance and justice for my Country and my neighbors, to whichever deity was listening.

Sound good to you? Well it does to me.

Yes, I this want war. I demand it. I demand that violence be visited upon the enemies of my Nation. I just wish that I be one of the fortunate ones who get the chance to face the foes of America, and hurl them screaming into Allah's arms.

But their ends, for all my labors, would be too quick. I want death for the enemy to be a lingering, burning, screaming, pleading death, just like the 3,000 who were murdered years ago.

Watching Fox news, I got to see revenge, live and in flaming color. I reveled in the vengeance from the skies, thundering clouds of flames like the anger and wrath of God.

I want war. I want vengeance. I want flaming holy justice to descend upon the enemies of freedom, be they Muslim or Marxist. I want blood in their streets. I want ash in their skies. And I want the cry to ring throughout the land, from the book of Revelations: "Lord, Your anger is upon the wicked is righteous and just!"

If that disturbs, offends, or troubles anyone, tough. Police Officers and Soldiers have 1st Amendment rights, just like YOU do. Your rights are guaranteed by people like me, here and abroad. You are free tonight, because we are ready to keep you safe to do so. Remind a Cop or a soldier today, how you feel.

No, I won't forget or forgive, either. Join me today, and every day, in the loss and the anger. The job's not done. This anger won't stop, until it is finished..
I want to hunt these bastards down where ever they hide and exterminate them. No negotiations, No reasoning, No prisoners. Just dead. Years from now, I want their children's children's children's children to cower and cringe in fear whenever they hear the sounds of jet engines overhead because their legends tell of fire from the sky.
I want them to hide in dark caves and holes in the earth, shivering with terror whenever they hear the roar of diesel engines because the tales of their ancestors talk about metal monsters crawling over the earth, spitting death and destruction.
I want their mothers to be able to admonish them with "If you don't behave, the Pale Destroyers from America, will come for you". and that will be enough to reduce them to quivering obedience.
I want the annihilation to be so complete that their mythology will tell them of the day of judgment when the stern God from across the sea and the powerful Americans .. destroyed their forefathers' wickedness."

NEVER FORGET... NEVER FORGIVE!!!!!!!

jerrym3
09-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Working on the NJ side of the Hudson River waterfront, we saw it all outside our windows.

The smoke, the collapse, and all the people coming out of New York across the Hudson River any way they could.

Our lobby and the downstairs Houlihan's was loaded with stranded folks. (The major access road to that area, and the Lincoln Tunnel, had been closed.)

Our company let us leave, and I was able to drive one guy home.

Driving on a deserted highway out of lower Weehawken, NJ, along what is normally a traffic jammed road going into the Lincoln Tunnel, was like seeing something from a 1950 sci fi movie.

wickedmerc
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
11 years ago to the day. Weather was much like it is today in NYC, sunny and beautiful with blue skies. What started off as a gorgeous day, became one of the most important days in history and a day that changed the world forever.

Proud to be an American, even more proud to be a New Yorker.

Forgetting will never be an option.

I was thinking the same thing this morning V.

It was a beautiful Tuesday, just like today. Wind was from the north; nice, cool, dry Canadian air. I remember that fact vividly because as I stood on the roof of Savoy Condos at 61st and 2nd looking south, I could see the perfect imprint of how the 1st plane hit the north tower...big hole about 3/4 way up the building, left wing slices down about 4 stories, right wing slices up about the same. I could see all the paper fluttering through the air and I do remember thinking to myself: I couldn't even begin to imagine the drama that's taking place in those buildings at that moment.

The roar of more planes scared me from the roof...more planes to crash?? Turned out to be fighters but who knew? I left that roof with both towers still standing. By the time I got to the 59th St Bridge, the "twin towers" were gone. Such a sad, empty feeling....even today. Burned into my eyes and soul.

Papillon
09-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I was thinking the same thing this morning V.

It was a beautiful Tuesday, just like today. Wind was from the north; nice, cool, dry Canadian air. I remember that fact vividly because as I stood on the roof of Savoy Condos at 61st and 2nd looking south, I could see the perfect imprint of how the 1st plane hit the north tower...big hole about 3/4 way up the building, left wing slices down about 4 stories, right wing slices up about the same. I could see all the paper fluttering through the air and I do remember thinking to myself: I couldn't even begin to imagine the drama that's taking place in those buildings at that moment.

The roar of more planes scared me from the roof...more planes to crash?? Turned out to be fighters but who knew? I left that roof with both towers still standing. By the time I got to the 59th St Bridge, the "twin towers" were gone. Such a sad, empty feeling....even today. Burned into my eyes and soul.

What I remember haunts me at least once a week. Driving over the 59 St Bridge every day, looking downtown, thinking of the events and the families who lost their loved ones... and mostly wondering about what the people trapped in those buildings were going though... makes me tear up just thinking about it. I can't even imagine what you saw. Seeing it on TV and seeing videos on YouTube are terrible enough but actually seeing it with your own two eyes much have been unfathomable. My God Doug.

It's the memories that I have of that day that makes me appreciate the people in my life and every new day I have.

Bigdogjim
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes! Remember those who lost their lives. God Bless.

sailsmen
09-11-2012, 08:13 PM
President Bush's address Tuesday night, after terrorist attacks on New York and Washington:
Good evening.
Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts.
The victims were in airplanes or in their offices -- secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers. Moms and dads. Friends and neighbors.
Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.
The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing, have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.
These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.
Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.
Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best of America, with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.
Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in New York City and Washington, D.C., to help with local rescue efforts.
Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.
The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight and will be open for business tomorrow.
Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well.
The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources for our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.
I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance.
America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.
Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."
This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time.
None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.
Thank you. Good night and God bless America.

kernie
09-11-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4weB_5VoDlM

At that moment, on that day, and every day since, I have known only this...
Anger.
Rage.
Fist-clenching, jaw-grinding, impotent rage at the assault on my home, my city, my Country. Pacing through the house like a caged beast, screaming curses at the obscenities flashing before my eyes. Vowing vengeance and justice for my Country and my neighbors, to whichever deity was listening.

Sound good to you? Well it does to me.

Yes, I this want war. I demand it. I demand that violence be visited upon the enemies of my Nation. I just wish that I be one of the fortunate ones who get the chance to face the foes of America, and hurl them screaming into Allah's arms.

But their ends, for all my labors, would be too quick. I want death for the enemy to be a lingering, burning, screaming, pleading death, just like the 3,000 who were murdered years ago.

Watching Fox news, I got to see revenge, live and in flaming color. I reveled in the vengeance from the skies, thundering clouds of flames like the anger and wrath of God.

I want war. I want vengeance. I want flaming holy justice to descend upon the enemies of freedom, be they Muslim or Marxist. I want blood in their streets. I want ash in their skies. And I want the cry to ring throughout the land, from the book of Revelations: "Lord, Your anger is upon the wicked is righteous and just!"

If that disturbs, offends, or troubles anyone, tough. Police Officers and Soldiers have 1st Amendment rights, just like YOU do. Your rights are guaranteed by people like me, here and abroad. You are free tonight, because we are ready to keep you safe to do so. Remind a Cop or a soldier today, how you feel.

No, I won't forget or forgive, either. Join me today, and every day, in the loss and the anger. The job's not done. This anger won't stop, until it is finished..
I want to hunt these bastards down where ever they hide and exterminate them. No negotiations, No reasoning, No prisoners. Just dead. Years from now, I want their children's children's children's children to cower and cringe in fear whenever they hear the sounds of jet engines overhead because their legends tell of fire from the sky.
I want them to hide in dark caves and holes in the earth, shivering with terror whenever they hear the roar of diesel engines because the tales of their ancestors talk about metal monsters crawling over the earth, spitting death and destruction.
I want their mothers to be able to admonish them with "If you don't behave, the Pale Destroyers from America, will come for you". and that will be enough to reduce them to quivering obedience.
I want the annihilation to be so complete that their mythology will tell them of the day of judgment when the stern God from across the sea and the powerful Americans .. destroyed their forefathers' wickedness."

NEVER FORGET... NEVER FORGIVE!!!!!!!

No God would tolerate this level of hate.

MOTOWN
09-11-2012, 10:24 PM

You really need to check your self on that statement!:bs:

MrBluGruv
09-12-2012, 01:44 AM
President Bush's address Tuesday night, after terrorist attacks on New York and Washington:
Good evening.
Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts.
The victims were in airplanes or in their offices -- secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers. Moms and dads. Friends and neighbors.
Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.
The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing, have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.
These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.
Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.
America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.
Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best of America, with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.
Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in New York City and Washington, D.C., to help with local rescue efforts.
Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.
The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington which had to be evacuated today are reopening for essential personnel tonight and will be open for business tomorrow.
Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well.
The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources for our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.
I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance.
America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.
Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me."
This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time.
None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.
Thank you. Good night and God bless America.

People that say Bush was a terrible speaker don't remember the beginning of his presidency very well. Even if his presidency didn't end well by year 8, the man was much different in the beginning....

MrBluGruv
09-12-2012, 01:48 AM

Yeah, I gotta disagree here.

Maybe for yours (or at least, in your frame of reference for others, if you aren't the religious type), it couldn't be possible, but there are most definitely people out there for whom "their God" is driven by hate and vengeance on others deemed unworthy or unclean.

In fairness though, I'm thinking my interpretation of what you're saying isn't what was intended when you typed it...

sailsmen
09-12-2012, 06:00 AM
The "God" of those who killed Chirstopher Stevens, US Ambassador to Lybia, on the anniversary of 911 does not tolerate hate?

PonyUP
09-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Guys, let's not turn a 9/11 remembrance thread into an argument, please be respectful

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

Papillon
09-12-2012, 06:03 AM
guys, let's not turn a 9/11 remembrance thread into an argument, please be respectful

^^^^ that! ^^^^