PDA

View Full Version : Any firearms experts ever hear of this?

RacerX
09-15-2012, 08:02 PM
What a damn good idea! Endless supply of cheap oil filters too.

haiqFcIXTqs

Spectragod
09-16-2012, 04:33 AM
I've always used a 2 liter, but it's only good once. ;)

That appears to be a .22, pretty easy gun to suppress.

Plus..... it's a felony to screw on a suppressor that you don't have a tax stamp for. But, if it's the end of the world, I guess it would be OK.:rolleyes:

Spectragod
09-16-2012, 04:42 AM
I guess I should have watched the video first........:shake:

The adapter is a registered device, and you will need a threaded barrel, the good news, it would cut down on needing to rebuild your cans. It's really a pretty good idea as long as you optics will see around the can (due to the size of it). TWSS

I have heard a Gemtech on a .308 that was way quieter than what was on that AK. Loads more money too.:eek:

yjmud
09-16-2012, 05:44 AM
to bad I live in Il where NFA mean NOT F!@#ING ALLOWED

MOTOWN
09-16-2012, 05:49 AM
I confiscated a few hand guns where they used a patato as a siliencer! a true hood innovation!

jsignorelli
09-16-2012, 09:13 PM
My guns are like my cars.... very high horsepower. I don't believe you can suppress a .350 Remington Magnum. I question if my .50 S&W will be made quiet either.
Besides.... Why invite trouble with the BATF.
The bullet hits the target long before the sound. The sound travels at 1080 FPS and the bullet travels at 1700 FPS. The bullet wins the race, the report loses!
As for anyone in the area, they know to leave you alone after hearing what you have just fired.....

BODYMAN
09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
What you said is right JS why invite trouble from big brother? I do have a suppressed GSG 5 PK model that is legal with the tax stamp & its quiet as these if not more. Other thing you said my neighbors here me all the time firing different goodies I have so they most likely wont be bothering me but asking for help when the world ends lol

UncleLar
09-17-2012, 03:17 PM
to bad I live in Il where NFA mean NOT F!@#ING ALLOWED
You were close but no Kupie Doll.
IL. Politicians Motto is Nothing Freakin Allowed

whitey
09-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Thats badass

jsignorelli
09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was assigned to a lovely lab in the Utah dessert by my uncle. We tried to quiet a few of our field weapons with uncles blessing and direction
Interesting how you can quiet a .50 cal...but the suppressor weighs more than the gun.
We turned our attention to much louder pursuits..... and... they were still working during dessert storm.

Marauderjack
09-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Sub-Sonic rounds are very quiet and pretty ineffective so what is the reason for a quiet gun??:rolleyes:

Noise is good as mentioned before!!:beer:

rayjay
09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Not legal here either and what good is it if you can not aim it? I can actually think of a use for it, but as I said not legal here. I can foresee a lot of idiots getting themselves federal charges out of this video. Threaded barrels can be bought easy enough. Guess I go back to shooting tree rats with a air gun since the tard next door got jammed up for shooting from his back door the other day. Not just a shot or two, but a mag or two, towards houses. What a mahrooon. :shake: and someone gave this ^%$# for brains a gun... :eek: :mad2: Now Mr. M4 is on constant alert. :rolleyes:

wannaMM
09-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Dugway REALLY SUKS.....Puts new meaning to "Desolate"...At least you found something interesting to do....