PDA

View Full Version : New Ford Fusion

Joe Walsh
09-21-2012, 09:56 PM
I couldn't have said it any better myself:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120921/CARREVIEWS/120929976?utm_source=DailyDriv e20120921&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=article1&utm_content=20120921-2013-Ford-Fusion-Drive-Review&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

"The mid-sized sedan segment is where Camrys - the most mind-numbingly bland cars ever made - rule the roost.
People in this segment don't want styling, performance or prestige. They're never going to line up against any other mid-sized sedan at a stop light and go for pinks.
These buyers can't afford the luxury of styling, performance and fun."

FINALLY....an automotive journalist speaks the truth about Toyotas!

guspech750
09-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Nice! Really nice!!

Sent from my iPhone

4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Bluerauder
09-22-2012, 05:12 AM

As many as I see on the road down here in Virginia, you would think that they are giving them away. The roads are littered with Toyota Camrys, Nissan Altima 2.5S (Scared), Honda Civics CE (Cheap Edition), and Toyota Corollas. I hate Corollas the most. Corolla S more so. Toyota drivers never seem to know where they are going or what to do .... maybe that is the new slogan "TOYOTA -- for the confused and baffled driver". Or maybe "TOYOTA -- Good Luck everybody else".

stevengerard
09-22-2012, 06:26 AM
I agree but there clearly are a lot more people in that segment than in the MM segment. Hopefully the US auto industry is starting to understand. Heck what's there for us now. A 55k 300M or a 80k CTSV? Great cars, higher prices, even smaller market.

Ozark Marauder
09-22-2012, 07:54 AM

T..he
O..ne
Y..ou
O..ught
T..o
A..void

:lol:

OZ

Joe Walsh
09-22-2012, 12:32 PM
As many as I see on the road down here in Virginia, you would think that they are giving them away.
The roads are littered with Toyota Camrys, Nissan Altima 2.5S (Scared), Honda Civics CE (Cheap Edition), and Toyota Corollas.

LOL Charlie,
Littered is a good word....I also use 'clogged' and 'overrun'

I hate Corollas the most. Corolla S more so.

I couldn't agree more!
Corolla 'S'......:rolleyes:
WTF!?
Toyota slaps some cheesy ground effects plastic on a base Corolla alonng with an 'S' badge and suddenly the Toyota sheep....errrr...buyers....... .think that they are driving a Porsche!
Don't they realize that they are "driving" (wandering would be a better word) around in THE most common road appliance?

Toyota drivers never seem to know where they are going or what to do .... maybe that is the new slogan "TOYOTA -- for the confused and baffled driver". Or maybe "TOYOTA -- Good Luck everybody else".

I actually rank the oblivious idiots in Hondas right up there with the Terdyota drivers for total driving incompetence!

SpartaPerformance
09-22-2012, 02:15 PM
That was a great review, if all goes well I will be ordering one This Jan or Feb.

Mr. Man
09-22-2012, 03:17 PM
Problem, if you can call it one is people are no longer interested in driving. Try and find a manual in a car anymore. It's getting harder to do. These mid-sized commuter cars are made for the masses to get them to and from their jobs and that's all they care about. Will it start and get me there. They could care less if it is fun or not.

I was listening to a NJ radio channel the other day while eating lunch and the topic was self driving cars pro or con. A majority of the people I heard were in favor of the self driving car because they could sleep or text on their trip rather than have to pay attention to the road.

SkyNet is coming folks it may be 40 or 50 years out but it's coming.:shake:

EMAS
09-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Actually a lot of "non-car people" do care about styling, you only have to look at how well the Chrysler LX cars sold when they came out. Sure a number of people bought them because of the not really a HEMI but more went out the door with the V6.