PDA

View Full Version : I'm never buying an SUV

woaface
02-22-2004, 08:38 PM
I was offered some money to clean my neighbors 1998 white Expedition today. All I did was wash, wax, polish and clean the interior surfaces of the thing...and I was out for 4 friggin hours! I used all Meguiars...my mom would kill me if I spent more $ to get the good stuff.

An interesting thing I found, the previous owner put a mark on the cladding of the right rear door...a small mark, and covered it up with white out!

Another thing, even though it's a garage kept truck, how did her last wax job last her just under 11 months? She takes it out in the mud and dirt and it doesn't miss bad weather. Oh well $80 for me. I told her I didn't think my wax would last that long but she didn't mind...the guy who did it last is running from the law (no joke) and it really needed to be done.

I wonder how she found him in the first place?!

01 Interceptor
02-22-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, driving only full size sedans(see sig), I know how you feel. If I detail my SS it takes me about 3 hours. Of course that's doing the clearcoat prep and 2 coats of wax. :D

Ross
02-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Woaface, I'm glad to see that you're not afraid to work for a buck. A lot of young people nowadays seem to be allergic to honest labor.

MARAUDERCHICK
02-23-2004, 12:06 PM
Woaface, I'm glad to see that you're not afraid to work for a buck. A lot of young people nowadays seem to be allergic to honest labor.
I heard that! Ya' know woaface....I wish their were more young men like you in the world. I have a teenage daughter and it scares me to death to think about WHAT she may end up dating. Of course, I'm not gonna let her date until shes about 30 anyways.
:lol:

Fourth Horseman
02-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Well, driving only full size sedans(see sig), I know how you feel. If I detail my SS it takes me about 3 hours. Of course that's doing the clearcoat prep and 2 coats of wax. :D

Hehe, I was just thinking the same thing. When I wax I'm never out of there in under 2.5 - 3 hours.

woaface
02-23-2004, 01:20 PM
I have a teenage daughter and it scares me to to think about WHAT she may end up dating. Of course, I'm not gonna let her date until shes about 30 anyways.
:lol:Hahaha! Very often when I meet a parents for the first time, she's already warned me that they've said this. That's fine, I know I'll be doing the same thing when I'm a father!

Anyways, I always love washing cars except for when I'm done and I swear I won't do it again for another month...but sure enough it gets dirty and I'd rather it looked like it did just the week before so I go back out there and do it all over.

Although it upsets my mom, this little "car obsession" I have.;)

Woaface, I'm glad to see that you're not afraid to work for a buck. A lot of young people nowadays seem to be allergic to honest labor.It all goes somewhere in the end...and I'd rather be closer to the top or in that direction instead of sitting at the bottom complaining about the climb in 20 or 30 years.

Thank you both:)

RF Overlord
02-23-2004, 01:47 PM
woa:

I thought from the title of this thread that you would have a better reason to "never buy an SUV"...like the fact that they're Stupid Useless Vehicles...

:lol:

Paul T. Casey
02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
I always thought Small Ugly Vans :lol:

woaface
02-23-2004, 03:40 PM
SUV's to me are useless, too large, and mostly unnescescary. But I know they come into great use for other people who have big dogs they move around or tools and equitment or a large family...something like that.

Just nothing I need or desire to have.

Redster
02-23-2004, 07:31 PM
I have never owned one, but I have had my share of wheel time with Suburbans at work and I don't like them. I picked up a new one at the dealer and drove it for about a year and still get some wheel time with them to this day. But when I got the chance, I switched to a year old Ranger with a V6. It wasn't much fun on long trips but around town it was dynamite.
The MM fits my wants for a roomy vehicle and it is fun at the same time and still gets better mileage than the SUV's (Sucks Up Vitalfluids)

Michael_S
02-27-2004, 11:32 AM
If you need to go offroad or two some serious cargo, get an SUV.

If you need something to cart a lot of people around in comfort, get a used minivan that has AWD. You save a bundle on the purchase, the insurance, and the gas. If you get a decent minivan, you'll actually have more space and better crash protection too. It will handle just as well in bad weather.

Then take the money you saved and buy a Mercury Marauder. :cool: