PDA

View Full Version : MARAUDER hit while parked!

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 05:20 AM
This past weekend my car was hit in my uncle's yard. The speed limit is 25mph on that road, I was outside talking to my uncle and all of a sudden I see a car speeding and swerved into my car. He gets out of the car asking me not to call the police, when I did he pulled a pistol out on me and put one in the chamber then ran away. I am so upset I work hard everyday to make a living and support my family. Now this crap came along which is slowing me down from my everyday routine. The insurance adjuster will be at Ford bodyshop Monday, I hope they don't total it. It took me 6months to find that one. The pics I have are not the best of quality, but I will post better pics when I get off this afternoon.

MOTOWN
09-28-2012, 05:28 AM
So sorry to hear this! if you dont have a CCW permit, get your self one, had that been me it would have ended a lil different!

Rockettman
09-28-2012, 05:30 AM
I'm not an isurance adjuster; and based on what the knowledgable people on here have shown/said over time; it probably is fixable.
But...
based on the pic looking down the side from the back...your company will definately write it off.
So sorry man.

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 05:34 AM
I have an pistol permit, but I left it at home. Took it out the car while cleaning it out and forgot to return it.

Granddaddy Marq
09-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Well did the police get the guy? There is a Marauder in Birmingham at an inserance auction that will be up for sell soon. The motor is burned. Sorry about your car.

Curless
09-28-2012, 05:37 AM
I have an pistol permit, but I left it at home. Took it out the car while cleaning it out and forgot to return it.

Oh man...it only figure that the one time you need it...at least he did not shoot at you! Sorry about your car, I know what you mean about working for what you have.

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Well did the police get the guy? There is a Marauder in Birmingham at an inserance auction that will be up for sell soon. The motor is burned. Sorry about your car.

Yes they found him two hours later, they said he has been drinking but blowed under the limit. He did not have the pistol on him when police arrived. So he did it get arrested because he told police he thought I was going to beat him so he ran away. Yes let me know the info on the auction in B-Ham. Thanks!

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Yes they found him two hours later, they said he has been drinking but blowed under the limit. He did not have the pistol on him when police arrived. So he did it get arrested because he told police he thought I was going to beat him so he ran away. Yes let me know the info on the auction in B-Ham. Thanks!

Correction: he did not get arrested!

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 05:45 AM
If the insurance company total it. What's the average price to buy it back I guess I can keep parts because I will buy another one.

whitey
09-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Wow, I would have lost it on that guy. Dont ever pull a gun out and not use it. sorry about your loss, good luck

Curless
09-28-2012, 06:13 AM
If the insurance company total it. What's the average price to buy it back I guess I can keep parts because I will buy another one.

Totally depends upon the condition of the car, what you had it insured for and how much damage they say it has...the more damage, the cheaper it is to buy back.

Granddaddy Marq
09-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Here try this https://www.traauctions.com/TRAPortal/traportal.aspx#page=Search;vie w=InitialState . One sold in Decator last week in worse shape then your's for $3700. It was a hit and run why isn't he in jail.

Rockettman
09-28-2012, 06:28 AM

REALLY too bad you didn't get that chance! :alone:

Marauder_Santa
09-28-2012, 06:32 AM
That's just Fubed Duck!

Blackmobile
09-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Sorry for your bad news, but remember, you don't need a CCW for an aluminum bat:
http://youtu.be/9DXb1z25hnI

Panther
09-28-2012, 07:01 AM

They would of been locking me up after I finished with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Panther

jon5212
09-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Sorry for your bad news, but remember, you don't need a CCW for an aluminum bat:
http://youtu.be/9DXb1z25hnI

Gun pulled on you in Indiana = deadly force authorized. You don't take a bat to a gun fight.

eagles1999
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
That's messed up.cant stand a scumbag

STEPS
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
sorry to hear of the incident
but I don't get it you have a piece that you carry in the car but you didn't have it in the car
a guy who was drunk slams into your car in your uncles drive way gets out and pulls a gun on you then runs away and the police catch him and lets him go .
Did I get that right????
Where do you live?

wannaMM
09-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey...a shout from your "neighbor"...I'm in Vance,1 hill back behind the Mercedes Plant.
When you want to fix/replace/whatever, I'm here for you & Local...Got fair to middlin connections out here in the "woods" for body & paint...
I'm in the middle of a R&R motor in sons GM,have all the tools/torches/welders that R needed to get you back on the road...Shoot me a PM...

kernie
09-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Gun pulled on you in Indiana = deadly force authorized. You don't take a bat to a gun fight.

That's what i was thinking!

And if a guy pulls a gun on you, doesn't he have the drop on you? Sounds to me like the wrong guy would be shot 9 times out of ten. I know you said this guy had to load so you might have time. :shake:

BTW, so sorry about your car, :( that really sucks.

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Better quality pics.

Curless
09-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh damn...the rear axle is pushed...a good body and frame guy can save her though. We have the technology, we can rebuild her...we can make her better, stronger, faster...

ddrek0214
09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh damn...the rear axle is pushed...a good body and frame guy can save her though. We have the technology, we can rebuild her...we can make her better, stronger, faster...

Thanks for the encouragement, I needed it. But I am prepared for the worse that its totaled, I will know Monday what the verdict is. I love these body styles I've had three of them. I feel like I just lost someone I love... I did... her name was Betty Black...R.I.P.

PonyUP
09-28-2012, 04:05 PM
It can be fixed, and while in the shop it can be blown

Like everytime KITT got damaged, he came back with better stuff

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

loud2004marquis
09-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Hope you can get it all fixed up. This is making me think about getting a handgun even more.

Curless
09-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, I needed it. But I am prepared for the worse that its totaled, I will know Monday what the verdict is. I love these body styles I've had three of them. I feel like I just lost someone I love... I did... her name was Betty Black...R.I.P.

Let them total it, buy it back, build the snot out of it.

MyBlackBeasts
09-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Buy the one with the shot engine, put your motor in it and part your smashed one out. You'll end up probably making money.

Sorry for the mushed MM. I'd have shot his ass...

Good luck!

slickster
09-28-2012, 06:51 PM
open your center console then grap the upper lid and yank up but watch for the power cord for the volt plug then in front you will see a hidden compartment for a gun. the console goes back in the hole with just clips

burkem
09-28-2012, 08:53 PM
If its totaled and youre looking for a Marauder, I will be listing mine for sale pretty soon here. PM me for details.

a_d_a_m
09-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Better quality pics.

31314313153131631317 Oh boy, that doesn't look good.
My Marquis looked about like that - maybe not even as bad - and it was totaled out.
Hoping for the best for you.

Mebot
09-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Oh boy, that doesn't look good.
My Marquis looked about like that - maybe not even as bad - and it was totaled out.
Hoping for the best for you.

Yep same here except replace Marquis with Marauder. Mine was a total loss too. Couldnt believe it. Hope the best for you & at least you're ok

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

WhatsUpDOHC
09-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Let them total it, buy it back, build the snot out of it.

Can you just not let the INS Co see it and just fix it yourself?

Could be cheaper than buying it back and fixing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sweetair
09-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Sorry to hear of this BS

Black_Noise
09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
thats bullspit.... should have pulled your own gun out.

Call the cops give a description of the person and car, Im sure they would like to talk to him about his actions and his gun

marauder21
09-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Its fixable. To the insurance its probably totaled but trust me its fixable. Had a cousin who got hit on the same side, was in much more uglier shape but it got fixed and all was good:) don't lose hope!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Coaltrain
09-29-2012, 11:59 AM
1st You should ask the insurance company to find you another if they are gonna total it .2nd you should insist on buy back as part of the settlement .3rd you should aggressively pursue his insurance for a complete repair .4th you should talk to the local states attorney or his boss for prosecution .5th you should immediately start civil court action for damages or replacement against the other driver. You would be amazed at how quickly you can get a good settlement if you turn the heat on high on all burners. Lastly don't bring a subpeona to a gunfight.(Do a background check on this guy to make sure he ain't organised crime or somehow otherwise untouchable !) Best of luck !! Coaltrain

ddrek0214
09-29-2012, 12:46 PM
1st You should ask the insurance company to find you another if they are gonna total it .2nd you should insist on buy back as part of the settlement .3rd you should aggressively pursue his insurance for a complete repair .4th you should talk to the local states attorney or his boss for prosecution .5th you should immediately start civil court action for damages or replacement against the other driver. You would be amazed at how quickly you can get a good settlement if you turn the heat on high on all burners. Lastly don't bring a subpeona to a gunfight.(Do a background check on this guy to make sure he ain't organised crime or somehow otherwise untouchable !) Best of luck !! Coaltrain

Everything you said I heard from different people. There are a couple of options I can take, but I am not going to let them low ball me. To this whole MARAUDER community I really appreciate all of the support and help. It makes me really want to get another MARAUDER with good people on this forum. In this mean ass world. It's hard meeting good people! (For me at least.) Thanks everyone!!!

JOEMERC
09-29-2012, 04:35 PM
If any frame damage it would be be from the axel being twisted forward from control arms . Cause looks like he hit it just outside of of the rear frame area.what did his car look like from hitting your car ?bet he was driving some chevy toilet bowl too.hope it can be fixed.

ddrek0214
09-29-2012, 07:36 PM
If any frame damage it would be be from the axel being twisted forward from control arms . Cause looks like he hit it just outside of of the rear frame area.what did his car look like from hitting your car ?bet he was driving some chevy toilet bowl too.hope it can be fixed.

It was an 06 dodge charger the back driver wheel was just about off

WhatsUpDOHC
09-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I would be out of my gourd if this happened to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

White Knuckles
09-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Why was this guy not arrested......
Sure you were pissed........but he pulled the gun.
He said he was afraid you'd beat him?

Sorry for your MM loss.
I used to live in AL...........Now GA. I have a CCW.. then and now.
CCW doesn't do much good if you do not carry........and someone pulls a gun on you

maineiac
09-30-2012, 04:52 PM
I wouldnt have shot him for hittin my car but for pullin a gun on me ,i'd give two between the lookers.

jon5212
10-03-2012, 07:07 PM
That's what i was thinking!

And if a guy pulls a gun on you, doesn't he have the drop on you? Sounds to me like the wrong guy would be shot 9 times out of ten. I know you said this guy had to load so you might have time. :shake:

BTW, so sorry about your car, :( that really sucks.

Situational awareness is key.

yjmud
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
it can be fixed Dom's was hit hard in the rear and they hung a replacement quarter on it and it does not look bad at all