PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed?

Black_Noise
09-29-2012, 08:18 AM
So I finally made it to the track and there were running 1/8 mile (was supposed to be 1/4) and everyone was having problems hooking. My best was 8.9 @ 79 mph.

There was no launching off the line, it would just spin instantly, I would go on last yellow then roll in hard. I feel kinda disappointed after looking at the timeslips page here, looks like others in the 13.0 1/4 range were closer to 8.0 1/8 times. 60 fts were like 2.0 or 2.1, I would have to grab a slip out of the car to verify.

Its stock motor with a trilogy and JLT intake. Was running widened rears with nt555s

I thought a trilogy rauder was a 13.0 1/4 car, am I wrong?

Bluerauder
09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
My best was 8.9 @ 79 mph.

Rough equivalent of 13.8-13.9 @ 98-99 MPH. Could be that you were giving up 0.5-0.7 on the front end launch. :dunno:

boatmangc
09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Traction is a major issue, drop some air and heat those 555s up. It's the only way my car sorta hooks.
When I was stock Trilogy I went 13.30 all day every day, spinning through 1st and part of 2nd.

Drag Radials, thats my next upgrade

DOOM
09-29-2012, 09:33 AM
What pressure did you have your tires at?

What RPM did you launch at?

What pulley is on your blower?

With just my trilogy with a 3.0 pulley, stock motor, K&N intake, stock manifolds, and widened rims with BALD nitto 305's I ran mid to low 12's WITH TRACTION ISSUES!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwIJRl_fgE#
fSwIJRl_fgE#

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GsQ3Rxqt8ik#
GsQ3Rxqt8ik#

I ran a 12.2 with a 1.70 60ft. SPINNING!

Every launch was at 2,000 RPM's

justbob
09-29-2012, 09:43 AM
13.1's here when it was a stock T.

Exhaust, 4.30's, CAI, 90mm MAF, MAFia, 26" DR's/ widened rims, tuned, and suspension goodies. She now pulls consistent 12.1's but I know for a fact there is more to be had as my 60' is dead on the same 1.75-1.78 as it was before the gears and exhaust. Not a single difference other than that. Same 100 oct. / same track / same amount of hook / same exact weather.

Sounds like a lot, but just throw a tune and DR's at it and you will be AMAZED at what you are missing out on.. I know, I waited a year before getting my tune and WOW. Completely different animal in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sailsmen
09-29-2012, 09:47 AM
All the answers lie in your posts.

A 13.0 second car does not go 13.0 when "There was no launching off the line, it would just spin instantly".

All else being equal just temp/humidity will add .75 to the best time.

In order for us to assist you please post all the numbers from your passes, the temp and the humidity.

The best times posted for a stock trilogy on OEM tires were 12.9-13.3.

justbob
09-29-2012, 09:48 AM
What pressure did you have your tires at?

What RPM did you launch at?

What pulley is on your blower?

With just my trilogy with a 3.0 pulley, stock motor, K&N intake, stock manifolds, and widened rims with BALD nitto 305's I ran mid to low 12's WITH TRACTION ISSUES!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwIJRl_fgE#
fSwIJRl_fgE#

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GsQ3Rxqt8ik#
GsQ3Rxqt8ik#

I ran a 12.2 with a 1.70 60ft. SPINNING!

Every launch was at 2,000 RPM's

Good advice but also keep in mind there is no two MM's alike. My car shaved .5 seconds leaving off IDLE!!!! I have verified this countless times in disbelief.

My 60' times go straight back into mid 1.8's when i tack at anything. She has plenty of traction but a sudden loss of power for the first 3'.

sailsmen
09-29-2012, 09:53 AM
08-07-2003, 06:21 PM
Jerry Barnes

Trader: (0)
Post Feedback

Response from Jerry Barnes to Zack
______________________________ __________
Zack,

.............................. .........
I have been looking for other Marauders to compete with and there have not been any. A lot of people bring their Marauders, pulll them off the trailers, polish them and let them sit. That is not the process that we follow. We drive our car to the Drag Strip or tow it and then we beat the piss out of it. The times have always been in the low 13's and sometimes we get into the high 12's, consistently. I have all of the time slips from the places we have been and I would be more then happy to share them with anyone. As a matter of fact, I will post every time slip I have on our web site as soon as I can catch my breath from this project.

We now have 15,000 miles on our car and it runs well. So, you may be absolutely correct in your statement about which appraoch is faster. But, I would like to see hard data and some side-to-side comparison runs to be convinced. No rumors, just facts. And remember, our car is stock except for our Supercharger kit. If you want us to put in new gears, weight saving methods, transmission changes, tires, air cleaner system, etc. and compare the cost of these items with the performance gains I will do that to determine the best results.

.............................. ..

DOOM
09-29-2012, 10:10 AM
The times have always been in the low 13's and sometimes we get into the high 12's, consistently. And remember, our car is stock except for our Supercharger kit.

We're these times with the STOCK WHEELS?

Just wondering.

Because with STOCK WHEELS & TIRES I ran 13's!

As soon as I put the widened wheels on (no other changes) I dropped right into the 12's!

RF Overlord
09-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I had Zack drive my car at Dragway 42 in Cleveland a few years ago and he was able to get 13.2 with stock tires and rims. He said with the right DRs I should be in the high 12s.

sailsmen
09-29-2012, 11:12 AM
The only change to stock other than the Trilogy that I can recall, it was 9 years ago, is the addition of shift kit.

Granddaddy Marq
09-29-2012, 05:32 PM
8.9 seconds in the 8th mile and it's got a "Trilogy super charger" on it! I know a member here that can do that with out a super charger. Don't Mess With The Mighty Casey! I want to see his 1/4 mile time.

Black_Noise
09-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I figured the launch was most of it.

I guess I have to wait till next year, most places are closing or doing 1/8 mile stuff now till end of season.

I will grab slips next time Im in the car (its not just outside, its stored elsewhere)

8UWITH6
09-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Post your exact time slip every part of it so we can see where the car is falling off.

But from the info you have posted I would say work on the 60 ft and you will like how the car responds.

Every tenth in the 60 ft usually (with a somewhat powerful car) yields 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile ET.

HTH, have fun.

SC Cheesehead
09-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Post your exact time slip every part of it so we can see where the car is falling off.

But from the info you have posted I would say work on the 60 ft and you will like how the car responds.

Every tenth in the 60 ft usually (with a somewhat powerful car) yields 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile ET.

HTH, have fun.

Air temps make a big difference, too. Cooler air = lower ET.

justbob
09-30-2012, 09:18 AM
BTW if you are already up to operating temp and normal IATs you are best off to just leave it running in line. If you just shut her off your IATs will SKY ROCKET.