PDA

View Full Version : Found this interesting...

Curless
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Had an interesting conversation with the OEM supplier for our pedals today...seems they were contacted in the last couple of days about building my part...someone else wanted to know if they would make the gear I am working on...hmmm...wonder where that idea came from???

Maybe I am being sensitive but its frustrating to go thru the work to have someone try to undermine me before I can even get the part done. Seriously? Now that someone has actually started the project and put forth and effort, someone else is going to just jump on the bandwagon? I guess its the land of opportunity for all...

Just had to vent...

What do you guys / gals think?

J-MAN
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I think that all boneheads aren't politicians! Find out who it is and we'll string him up at our next meet!! Of course it could be a former member or just a visitor to the forum.

I wonder if this is how Jerry Barnes feels?

screamn
10-02-2012, 04:53 PM
From the movie "Risky Business"

Just gotta say "What the F*c* aka WTF!!!!

I would be pretty livid.......

guspech750
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Well they may just make or have those crappy plastic ones.
F-Them.
If I end up needing one. I'll buy one from you Chris. (I just keep forgetting to check if mine is broke.)

Sent from my iPhone

4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Bradley G
10-02-2012, 06:34 PM
It will be as soon as you go to check it ! :lol:
Well they may just make or have those crappy plastic ones.
F-Them.
If I end up needing one. I'll buy one from you Chris. (I just keep forgetting to check if mine is broke.)

Sent from my iPhone

4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Bradley G
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't let it bother you, might be that someone started working on back in the day, as soon as he saw someone swooping in for the glory,...:rolleyes:
Had an interesting conversation with the OEM supplier for our pedals today...seems they were contacted in the last couple of days about building my part...someone else wanted to know if they would make the gear I am working on...hmmm...wonder where that idea came from???

Maybe I am being sensitive but its frustrating to go thru the work to have someone try to undermine me before I can even get the part done. Seriously? Now that someone has actually started the project and put forth and effort, someone else is going to just jump on the bandwagon? I guess its the land of opportunity for all...

Just had to vent...

What do you guys / gals think?

Bigdogjim
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Stay the course we are behind you 100%

Ms. Denmark
10-03-2012, 02:52 AM
I would only add that this topic was discussed (and perhaps inquiries were made about making the gear?) going back a year or so. When my pedals broke, Eric did a write up on the removal of the assembly, then removed the gear to determine the cause of failure and we did donate our failed gear to the cause. IIRC there were a couple of well respected members who were looking into the possibility of having one made. We had heard nothing until your new thread and were glad to hear the idea wasn't dead. We wish you luck in making it happen!

Marauderjack
10-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Why would anyone want the original supplier to make replacement gears for the pedals??:rolleyes:

HELLOOOOO.......THEY SCREWED UP THE FIRST TIME AND DIDN'T STEP UP TO REPLACE THEIR DAMN DEFECTIVE PARTS!!!:argue::mad2:

Haggis
10-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Hurry up and get a patent if you can.

Let me see, buy part from large corporation on government teet or buy part from small buisnessman who is a friend.......Sorry Chris you get my money.

Blackened300a
10-03-2012, 06:10 AM
Once this person comes out and tries to offer it to the membership, you'll know who it is. Its a great idea, but I moved my pedals a total of 5 times in the 7 years of owning this car so my chances of me needing one at this time are slim to none. Good luck with the progress!

Curless
10-03-2012, 06:16 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I know it was talked about before and I am not the only one who can do it. Just frustrating to get things rolling and have someone else try to step in. No biggy, the OEM has contractual agreements with their suppliers, they can't re produce anything that they once made for an OEM. Not to mention they would have a minimum order of like 100,000!

Curless
10-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Hurry up and get a patent if you can.

Let me see, buy part from large corporation on government teet or buy part from small buisnessman who is a friend.......Sorry Chris you get my money.

Patents are not so easy my friend. It takes months and sometimes years to get one. The money is ridiculous as well, a good friend of mine has a patent on one of his products, its took two years and $25,000 to get one finished for North America...now his part is being knocked off in China and he can do nothing about it. So, unfortunately I think that is out...

sailsmen
10-03-2012, 07:02 AM
Cry baby. Competition is what makes us all better!

stevengerard
10-03-2012, 07:11 AM
...now his part is being knocked off in China and he can do nothing about it. So, unfortunately I think that is out...

This could be who contacted them someone from out of the country trying to reproduce it cheaper somewhere else

Unfortunately everyday I compete with India, Russia, and China and there are no shipping costs with what I do.

DOOM
10-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Doesn't surprise me Chris!!!!

There are quite a few haters and back stabbers around here! :shake:

Curless
10-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Doesn't surprise me Chris!!!!

There are quite a few haters and back stabbers around here! :shake:

Yeah, you of all people have seen this my friend!

Ms. Denmark
10-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Yeah, you of all people have seen this my friend! LOL I was biting my tongue.... but my thoughts exactly!:D