PDA

View Full Version : Economic Upturn

SC Cheesehead
10-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Well, finally, some good economic news!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/03/after-long-downturn-beer-sales-are-back/?intcmp=features

I know I'm doing my part to stimulate this segment of the economy! :beer:

:D

guspech750
10-03-2012, 07:59 AM
All hail King Obama and his beer summit for stimulating the beer industry.

Sent from my iPhone

4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

ctrlraven
10-03-2012, 08:22 AM
That would explain the increase in DUI drivers which = more money for me.

Cheeseheadbob
10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
With all this beer flowing and creating a positive economic uptick, there should now be plenty of people who will be able to afford this...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/02/world-smallest-supercharged-v8-enters-production/?intcmp=trending :burnout:

SC Cheesehead
10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
With all this beer flowing and creating a positive economic uptick, there should now be plenty of people who will be able to afford this...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/02/world-smallest-supercharged-v8-enters-production/?intcmp=trending :burnout:

:lol:

"...the Stinger 609, the world's smallest supercharged four-stroke V-8 engine, which has finally entered production.

At just 6.09 cubic inches (hence the name), or nearly 100 cc, it's a very small displacement V-8. Despite the small displacement, the engine revs to 10,000 rpm and produces 9 horsepower..."

Only 9 HP? That's only 1.48 HP/CI. Needs more boost! ;) -----> :D

Granddaddy Marq
10-03-2012, 12:17 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/03/after-long-downturn-beer-sales-are-back/?intcmp=features

I fell I'm coming in a little short in this area. I'll step up my effert. Drinks are on me.:beer:

sailsmen
10-03-2012, 01:33 PM
STOP - the first Lady has declared Beer off limits as it leads to adult obesecityyyyyyyyyy........:bee r:

WhatsUpDOHC
10-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I never felt any slowdown in consumption.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SC Cheesehead
10-03-2012, 02:23 PM
STOP - the first Lady has declared Beer off limits as it leads to adult obesecityyyyyyyyyy........:bee r:

Hard times are comin' bubba, better to pack it on whilst we can... ;) -----> :drink:

I fell I'm coming in a little short in this area. I'll step up my effert. Drinks are on me.:beer:

And you, sir, are a true gentleman; I'll take you up on that offer the next time we "confer, converse, and otherwise hob-nob..." :D

Bluerauder
10-03-2012, 04:05 PM

..... reports that shipments of beer are rising for the first time since 2008 in a sign that economic recovery is taking a foothold—particularly for young men.

I would think that it is driven by just the opposite. Beer Sales are up because the economy is down. No jobs means sit home and drink all day. Thefts of beer are also on the rise.

SC Cheesehead
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I would think that it is driven by just the opposite. Beer Sales are up because the economy is down. No jobs means sit home and drink all day. Thefts of beer are also on the rise.

Won't argue that, my fridge has less and less in it every time I check it...;)

pem
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM
I'd stop drinking beer in a heartbeat (well maybe) if I knew I could save $7000 to get a stinger 609 engine...only in America...I'm sure DOOM would have it chromed up a bit...LOL

MyBlackBeasts
10-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Hey! Where's the "Like" button!?!?:confused: ---------> :D -----> :beer:

Bigdogjim
10-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Well the First Lady should show up at Looseville in April and see first hand weather or not if that is true:beer:

MrBluGruv
10-04-2012, 12:49 AM

+1

Drinking to forget the economy, then starting to not care, then you're stuck in a rut forever. :depress:

Bluerauder
10-04-2012, 03:30 AM

+1

Drinking to forget the economy, then starting to not care, then you're stuck in a rut forever. :depress:

I would also think that the sales of Lottery tickets are up considerably as well. :shake:

MrBluGruv
10-04-2012, 10:46 AM
I would also think that the sales of Lottery tickets are up considerably as well. :shake:

Lol, I wonder how some people rationalize that though; you know, hating those darned 1-percenters but praying to God every night that you will be one by the end of the next lotto drawing...

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Lol, I wonder how some people rationalize that though; you know, hating those darned 1-percenters but praying to God every night that you will be one by the end of the next lotto drawing...

That right there is funny! :lol:

tbone
10-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I celebrated the debate last night with a cold one. :banana:
:beer:

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I celebrated the debate last night with a cold one. :banana:
:beer:

Had me a couple cold ones, too, but watched reruns of NCIS, far more entertaining and relevant... :cool:

jerrym3
10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I, and a lot of other folks from my company, lost their jobs under the "leadership" of King Bush in Dec 2007.

Luckily, I was old enough to qualify for SS and Medicare. I feel sorry for those folks in my company, a Wall Street financial firm, who were younger.

Thanks, GWB.

I kept in touch with my old co-workers for a while.

The trend that started while I was still working, outsoucing good paying jobs to India (project support, network control center, etc), just kept escalating.

Until OB, or Romney, addresses this fact of business, we're in trouble.

Big trouble.

Small company entrepeneurs don't pay the salaries of large companies. Fact of (business) life.

It's been that way since I was a 19 year old kid (in 1962) looking for work. It will never change.

I went from being a helper in an auto body shop (minimal wage) to a union worker at Alcoa/Edgewater, NJ and made a liveable salary. My dad, fifth grade ducation, came here from Italy as a little kid, also made a living wage working for Alcoa.

He worked his a** off to keep a roof over our heads, but he did it.

Vortex
10-06-2012, 06:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7tRCfSuMTY

I love that one (and pretty true too!).

Bluerauder
10-06-2012, 07:15 AM
I feel sorry for those folks in my company, a Wall Street financial firm, who were younger.

Thanks, GWB.

So, you don't think that the Wall Street companies had anything to do with this at all?? Seems reckless behavior on their part was THE major contributor to the meltdown. But if you feel better blaming Bush ... so be it. :rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
10-06-2012, 07:41 AM
So, you don't think that the Wall Street companies had anything to do with this at all?? Seems reckless behavior on their part was THE major contributor to the meltdown. But if you feel better blaming Bush ... so be it. :rolleyes:
Not wanting to turn this in to a pizzing contest but, how can you blame one man? Did he walk in a fire everyone? Did he tell the bosses to ship the jobs oversea's?

SC Cheesehead
10-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Well, this thread's rapidly going to s**t...:shake:

Haggis
10-06-2012, 08:37 AM

Did some one say....S.H.I.T?

kernie
10-06-2012, 09:01 AM

Could get worse, I could give my opinion...

Haggis
10-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Could get worse, I could give my opinion...

Please do; when kernie talks, people listen.

jerrym3
10-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Be careful your eyes don't fall out of your head.

I heard two nights of "leadership, leadership, we need new leadership to fix this mess" from the Republican convention speakers.

Yet, now I hear "Don't blame the past leadership. Wouldn't be prudent".

The truth is that both business and their paid government cronies are to blame.

Wall Street and banks absolutely had a big part of the blame. But, too bad no one was watching the chicken coop.

tbone
10-06-2012, 10:45 AM
But, too bad no one was watching the chicken coop.

Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM

MM2004
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
What part of no political discussions is not understood here?

Join another forum if you cannot refrain from discussing politics.

Just sayin...

Mike.