PDA

View Full Version : Isaac Floods & then it Burns

sailsmen
10-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Friends house flooded from Isaac. Everything is ok they are young enough, kids grown up and financially well off that they can handle the task. They can also see the light at the end of the tunnel and it ain't a train.

I spent several weekends helping them clean up. I got all the snakes out the pool and serviced the lawn equipment.

They finished the clean up, got the moisture out and are ready to start putting it back together.

Then it caught on fire and burned half down to the ground.

Since they didn't have Flood Insurance and the cause of the fire is undetermined they meet a risk profile for arson. This means they must be investigated, which although they know they will clear adds to the stress.

They are still in shock. I am going to try to entertain them if I can get them to go out. I will be all ears, being a talker I am going to try real hard to be a listener.

In my own life when ever I stop and think wow, everything has been going great I then realize life ain't perfect and something is going to happen. Sure enough it does!

But I prefer the roller coaster to the merry-go-round. If I can hold on going up then I can hold on going down!