PDA

View Full Version : Brake uprgade in stages.

reddog69
02-24-2004, 04:47 AM
Forgive me if I havent postsed this question in the proper area. I'm looking to upgrade my brake system but I'd like to do it step by step if possible. I have tried to lookup past threads but I'm a bit confused. I would like to have drilled or slotted rotors mainly to replace these that arent the most attractive to start with. Then I'd like to go with calipers and lines as needed. I dont want to lay out gobs of cash so if its possible to buy and use these parts as time and wallet allows, I'd like to know. Also, most of the replacement rotors are of larger diamiter than the stockers, are there any direct replacements of the same size that could use the current calipers and hardware? Thanks in advance, REDDOG. P.S. My car is a daily driver so this is more of a looks mod than anything else.

Kelly
02-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Dennis Reinhart has what you are looking for call him 904-276-5003

gonzo50
02-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Forgive me if I havent postsed this question in the proper area. I'm looking to upgrade my brake system but I'd like to do it step by step if possible.
Check this Thread out, it's on Dennis Forum, should help considerable. :up:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7549

Marauder57
02-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I recently got the Reinhart package....and while it looks cool....it really works well also. I got the front and backs and the new KVR pads.....

Practical expierience....I was driving along on a 2 lane road 441....doing about 60 in a 55....and some dunce pulled out in front of me....maybe about 100 feet in front of me....and did not even gun his engine.....well I really laid on the brakes....not a panick stop to kick in the ABS...but a good hard stop....I stopped about 1 foot from the guys bumper....I know from practical expierience that the stock pads and rotors would have put me in the guys backseat...or at least 3-4 feet further ahead....I was stressed but happy to see the upgrade worked so well.....oh they also work well going from 90-75 when on I75 and seeing a cop needing to get down to close to the 70 mph speedlimit..... :up:

Glenn
02-24-2004, 07:02 PM
There is no better deal on brakes then KVRs from Dennis. The others are very expensive and do not give you much more performance.

Glenn