PDA

View Full Version : Somebody tried to break in my car

DarthVader215
10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I woke this morning to this http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/09/ujypyzyd.jpg

Thank god they didn't break my window. The trim can get glued i guess. It pisses my off cause i have nothing in my car .. Unless they want the gauges or the whole car.

fastblackmerc
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I woke this morning to this http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/09/ujypyzyd.jpg

Thank god they didn't break my window. The trim can get glued i guess. It pisses my off cause i have nothing in my car .. Unless they want the gauges or the whole car.

That sucks!

The trim will probably need to be replaced. You'll never get that crease out of it.

I believe that trim is not Marauder-specifc.

DarthVader215
10-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Dam .... Ok well imma try to get the all black trim. Cant have anything these days

marauder21
10-08-2012, 12:05 PM
You could try and putting it back together and plasti dip them all black? I mean it can be a temporary fix..but dam sorry about this You don't have an alarm or anything?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

DOOM
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Was just talking to a buddy of mine on Friday about the same thing!

He has an impala SS that was stolen TWICE!!! He was lucky! It was recovered both times!

Glad to hear your car wasn't snatched man. Do you have an alarm/kill switches or a LoJack?

That trim is an easy fix.

screamn
10-08-2012, 12:54 PM
If you can afford it, should look into getting an aftermarket alarm system like the "Viper" with glass break sensor and pager notification.

That way can catch em.....those "f :censor: kers in the act.

Get her fixed.

Aloha

breeze
10-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Me and doom got LoJack

DarthVader215
10-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Na no alarm just the red dummy light on the driver side. I was just about to get a tuner kit for my car but that could wait. This weekend ill try to get that viper alarm. Thanks for the info guys.

DOOM
10-09-2012, 08:01 AM
As soon as I took delivery on my marauder I drove it straight to the shop and had a python alarm and 10% tint put on!

Yes I have been modding since DAY 1! :D

fastblackmerc
10-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Na no alarm just the red dummy light on the driver side. I was just about to get a tuner kit for my car but that could wait. This weekend ill try to get that viper alarm. Thanks for the info guys.

That isn't a "dummy light". It verifies that the PATS system is operational.

ctrlraven
10-09-2012, 10:30 AM
That really sucks man, at least the damage was fairly minor and they didn't bust a window.

I just pieced my alarm/RS together, Viper 5704, data transponder bypass module, audio/glass break sensor, digital tilt motion sensor, field disturbance sensor, trunk release and window automation system.

MSRP; $1,019.94 (not including the data transponder bypass module)
Amazon $332.81 <---winning with all DEI products :)

What's even sweeter is that Viper's new systems, their key fobs are now rechargable with a mini-usb connection... that's frickin cool! :banana: Now I really know I have been out of the who car audio/video/security scene for way too long.

marauder410
10-09-2012, 11:26 AM
i have a compustar aftermarket alarm and after all the bells and whistles with motion sensor.tilt sensors and evyerthing was juts over 1,000 bucks expensive...

but its well worth it expeciaslly in my neighborhood.....

capt512
10-09-2012, 01:26 PM
If you buy the parts on your own (as in Amazon, ebay, etc) be forwarned that some places wont install them... In my area none of the installers of DEI will install DEI kits (even new in box) that weren't purchased through them. :(

ctrlraven
10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
If you buy the parts on your own (as in Amazon, ebay, etc) be forwarned that some places wont install them... In my area none of the installers of DEI will install DEI kits (even new in box) that weren't purchased through them. :(
I will be installing everything myself. I've always recommend to people to buy and have DEI stuff from an authorized dealer because that the only way to have a warranty on any of the parts. DEI is all about it's partners and dealers which is why you can't get an install guide from their site unlike Autostart and Audiovox.