PDA

View Full Version : Remote Repair Job

Pat
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
Everything I learned about OBD2 has been from this site. So, when my favorite daughter-in-law called me today from St. Louis and related that the check engine lite illuminated on her Ford Ranger, what should she do?:confused:

I told her to go visit her local FLAPs and they would read the code (for free) and to call me back. She did, the code was P1443. I told her that it was a loose gas cap. She went outside and sure-nuff the gas cap was loose, almost off. :eek:

Then I told her to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery for about a minute and the CEL should extinguish. She did, it did and she's happy knowing that her favorite Father-in-Law is the smartest man since Albert Einstein. I'll let her keep thinking that.:cool4:

Regards

DOOM
10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Great story! :up:

Comin' in Hot
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
I'll take the credit;), I'm glad we could help :D

Bigdogjim
10-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Nice move never hurts to make yourself good smart in a good kinda way:up:

fastblackmerc
10-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Good job, Pat!

Now can you do that with your rattle? :-)

Pat
10-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Good job, Pat!

Now can you do that with your rattle? :-)

Rattle Fixed, the rear view mirror mounting became unglued. I'm on a roll.
Marauderjack pointed me in that direction.

Regards,

Pat

marauder410
10-12-2012, 09:47 PM
i love doing that it reallyyy does make you feel good on the inside really does

thats why im going to school for auto mechanic right now i get joy and feels good when i fix someones car for them and been trying for hours and you go right over and fix it and there like wow thnaks alot man howd you do that lol :)

Mr. Man
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Now let's hope she never finds out how that gas cap became loose in the first place. A little birdie told me you and Waymon have been busy....favorite Father-in-Law indeed ;):P:D