PDA

View Full Version : First compliment on my car in some time

88LTDCV351
10-13-2012, 07:46 PM
I was pulling into my assigned covered parking spot and was walking to my apartment when a guy asked me how my car was running. I said "fine, but she's got a lot of miles on her". He said he liked my car. Then he started talking about he liked the older style too, so that made me think he might not know about Marauders and that he may think my car was a Crown Vic or Grand Marquis. Then he talked about he didn't like the look of newer cars (I think he may have been referring to the new Taurus specifically since it was the Crown Vic official replacement). I started to talk about my opinion of the recent mustangs. He said he liked the old Mach 1's. He talked about how he was going to have to get a newer car because he is moving farther away to Lathrop and can't afford the gas. Then he went back to what he was working on.

I haven't gotten any compliments or questions on the Marauder in a long time so it was kind of nice to hear it again.

guspech750
10-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I've owned my Merc since March 2009. Besides getting complements for members here. I could probably count on almost two hands the number of times people gave me a thumbs up or in person compliment.

BUT!!

The last few weeks while attending a local cruise night with 3 other members and one boosted CV Sport owner. I have gotten lots of questions and compliments. Especially since three of us have DTR's, the other a Black Marauder and the Silver Kenne Bell Twin Screw boosted Crown Vic Sport. Makes for a nice showing of the Panthers for sure.

It's nice to hear that stuff for sure.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

marauder21
10-13-2012, 09:55 PM
When people say something on the lines of "nice car".....it makes my day someone liked the marauder.
BUT when someone says something like "nice Marauder", indicating they have some kind of knowledge of Marauders, THAT my friends, stays in my memory forever! Lol THAT makes my WHOLE week :D

Bluerauder
10-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Then he talked about he didn't like the look of newer cars (I think he may have been referring to the new Taurus specifically since it was the Crown Vic official replacement).

Or you can have one of each. ;) Both get comments ...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/TwoCars0002.JPG

efi4eye
10-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Yeah it's funny but I sense that the Marauder gets plenty of attention, just not as many people giving me direct compliments. I was sitting at a stoplight the other day and when a car turned left in front of me I saw the passenger point and mouth the words "that's a Marauder" to the driver. I've heard pedestrians make similar comments a few times. With my Mustang I get more people coming up to me asking about it, but it's stupid loud with a big cam and bright yellow. I guess the Marauder gets more of the "silent nod of approval" and a few waves here and there. I've noticed acquaintances eventually end up asking me about it, so it's obvious to most people the Marauder is a unique car

MMcactusflower
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I got my '04 DTR almost two years ago with 22,000 miles on it and now it has only about 23,000 or so...obviously it is not driven much but when I do drive it, usually someone has a comment or question...all positive so far.
And we have our yearly local car show here in Wimberley, Texas at my home church...Wimberley United Methodist Church...this saturday and I will have 'The Major' in it again...will be interested to see what the reaction to it is this year...last year people were all over it looking and asking about it.
Now that makes for a really fun day for sure.