PDA

View Full Version : No SHO

SideshowBob
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I had an opportunity Saturday to look over a 2013 SHO Taurus. Really nice looking car, with what appeared to be black paint, until I got closer and saw a brilliant green metallic flashing through the black. Niiiiice! Unfortunately, I couldn't even stuff my 6'8" frame into the driver's seat! I got one leg in and started to cramp! And getting my size 16 shoe over the too-high door sill was no picnic either. First wrong-wheel drive and now this? They never should have stopped making the Panther. I'd have to go to (I'm getting nauseous here) Dodge (Urp!) to find an adequate replacement for my Marauder.

ncmm
10-14-2012, 05:59 PM
what a bummer. my 2011 was great but due to lack of work I had to let it go. lucky for me I got back into a low mileage Marauder and I'm happy again!

Merrill
10-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Then don't replace the MM.

Bluerauder
10-15-2012, 03:56 AM
I had an opportunity Saturday to look over a 2013 SHO Taurus. Really nice looking car, with what appeared to be black paint, until I got closer and saw a brilliant green metallic flashing through the black. Niiiiice!

The paint is called Tuxedo Black. Mine is a 2012 model .... if you look just right in the sun you can pick up red and blue metal flake too.

I don't have any problem getting in an out of mine unless the wife runs the seat all the way forward and up. Did you try to adjust the seat? Head clearance and seat adjustment should be able to give you plenty room for your frame. The pic below makes the MM look like a mid-sized car.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/TwoCars0001.JPG

mrjones
10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
It's a nice and roomy car, but that center console takes up waaaay too much butt room. They could've made it quite a bit smaller.

All the SHOs are awd.

Jake
10-15-2012, 09:47 AM
I couldn't even stuff my 6'8" frame into the driver's seat! I got one leg in and started to cramp! And getting my size 16 shoe over the too-high door sill was no picnic either.

Thanks for the report. I've been meaning to go look at the new SHO but if a 6'8" shorty like you can't fit I doubt my 7' frame will. Ditto on the size 16's I guess!

However, I have driven the Challenger and fit quite well; it even has enough room to let the clutch out. Hmmmm, a Marauder and an SRT8 Challenger?

-

MOTOWN
10-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Geez you guys make me feel like a Midget! im only 6'6"! lol

Jake
10-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Geez you guys make me feel like a Midget! im only 6'6"! lol

Yup, 6'6" is a short guy too!!

-

SideshowBob
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
The paint is called Tuxedo Black. Mine is a 2012 model .... if you look just right in the sun you can pick up red and blue metal flake too.

I don't have any problem getting in an out of mine unless the wife runs the seat all the way forward and up. Did you try to adjust the seat? Head clearance and seat adjustment should be able to give you plenty room for your frame. The pic below makes the MM look like a mid-sized car.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/TwoCars0001.JPG

Cars with adjustable seats???? Who'd a thunk! :awe:

The Taurus has the same ingress/egress problem as the Flex: the door sills are higher than necessary and the front edge of the door opening is too close to the seat for guys like me with large feet and bad knees. Unlike the Taurus, however, the Flex is roomy enough once I'm inside. The tight door frame seems to be a trend in most of the late-model Fords. I'm glad my Marauder only has 60K miles; I'll be driving it for many years to come.

gpfarrell
10-15-2012, 12:47 PM
My "SHO" says Lincoln on the trunk. Its an Ecoboost MKS... the mechanical differences between it and a SHO are barely worth mentioning.

I love my MM. I actually bought the MKS to preserve my DBP Trilogy.

Now that I've spent time in the MKS (and 6' of me fits fine, you may have noticed at 6'8" you look over most everybody else in church) I'm astonished at what an upgrade it is over my MM.

Stock for stock, the MKS would kill it. The boosted MM will outrun the stock MKS, but a tune on the MKS might make it an even run.

But forget that wrong-wheel-drive crap. The all-wheel-drive on the MKS will outlaunch the MM in real-world driving every day.

My morning commute involves a 90-degree right turn onto a busy road with limited sight. I'd coax the MM onto the main road and try to get it straight so I could mash it before getting rear-ended. Mashing it and then turning just generated a pair of long black streaks and lots of smoke, but limited go. I can floorboard the MKS from the stop sign, make the turn, and be going 60 in a tick over 5 seconds.

Sorry you don't fit. You're missing a great car. The Panther was great too... so was my 1978 Marquis... but time has marched on.