PDA

View Full Version : I ate an Alligator last nite

Pat
10-21-2012, 07:09 AM
My daughter fixed gumbo and used an alligator/pork sausage mix. :food:

If she hadn't of told me it was alligator I would have thought it was a very mellow, rich tasting pork sausage. But......after a little apprehension, it was a mellow, rich tasting alligator/port sausage. Didn't taste like chicken or fish...LOL.:drumstck:

Prolly can't get it north of Louisiana, she bought it from a fish market that specializes in Bayou meats - fish, frog, snake, alligator, mud-bugs, shrimps, boudin of all types, etc. :drool:

I would recommend it, especially for Mr. Man :2thumbs:

Regards.

Vortex
10-21-2012, 07:17 AM
When they run out of chickens, Ill try some gator I guess :)

Krytin
10-21-2012, 07:59 AM
Choot 'em!!

Shaijack
10-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Gato is very good tol eat.

Shaijack
10-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Gator is very good to eat.

WhatsUpDOHC
10-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Gator chili with corn bread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Blackmobile
10-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Actually have a place down here that serves Gator tail. Not a bad taste at all.

guspech750
10-21-2012, 10:41 AM
We have a great place about an hour from. Ron the owner who is from Louisiana goes back once a week to bring back alligator, crawfish and other foods to prepare at, Cajun Connection. Easily the best meals I've ever had.

I even got to go in the back, see and hold the alligators. Even showed me how to prepare them.

http://www.ronscajunconnection.com/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

mrjones
10-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Pat, I don't know if you remember my youngest daughter Sara, but she's the world's pickiest eater. Very frustrating. However, we've got a great cajun restaurant near here called Floyd's, and whenever we go there, she gets the fried alligator appetizer as her meal. It is good stuff. Especially with the gravy they serve it with.

WhatsUpDOHC
10-21-2012, 10:54 AM
We have a great place about an hour from. Ron the owner who is from Louisiana goes back once a week to bring back alligator, crawfish and other foods to prepare at, Cajun Connection. Easily the best meals I've ever had.

I even got to go in the back, see and hold the alligators. Even showed me how to prepare them.

http://www.ronscajunconnection.com/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Chicago is a great town for food.

guspech750
10-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Chicago is a great town for food.

Yes it is.

The Cajun Connection is on the outskirts of Ottawa IL. I highly recommend anyone coming here for what ever reason, take time out and make it a point to eat there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S