PDA

View Full Version : Ram Air Hood Pictures

bigslim
02-25-2004, 09:39 PM
I know a lot of you have been asking about Ram-Air hoods. I was on my way to work and stumbled on this......
I stopped by the collision shop that made it and he said they fabricated out of steel. It is very pricey though, $2500.00. He has done seven of them. He is looking to do them in fiberglass for lower cost.

bigslim
02-25-2004, 09:40 PM
More pictures in the gallery.

Donny Carlson
02-25-2004, 10:12 PM
I stopped by the collision shop that made it and he said they fabricated out of steel. It is very pricey though, $2500.00. He has done seven of them. He is looking to do them in fiberglass for lower cost.Hmm, it's interesting, but there's something about it that strikes me as being a bit odd. Maybe it's a bit too narrow at the front, looks tacked on, not integral. Is it pure show, or functional? I think I'd have to look at it in person before I shelled out that kind of skinny. Nice find, tho!

bigslim
02-26-2004, 12:47 AM
It is not functional. The guy at the collision shop said he could make it functional. He is currently working on another design.

Petrograde
02-26-2004, 03:54 AM
I think you are the first one to do this Bigslim.. without the help of Photoshop that is! :up:

Tom

martyo
02-26-2004, 04:00 AM
That's a lot of coin for a cosmetic, non-functional mod. Yep, a lot of coin.

THE_INTERCEPTOR
02-26-2004, 06:07 AM
That's a lot of coin for a cosmetic, non-functional mod. Yep, a lot of coin.

I agree Martyo. $2500 for a hood scoop? Shoot...$2500, you might as well put a down payment on a supercharger and put the rest on your credit card :beer:

Logan
02-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Too expensive, $600-750 maybe, but $2500? Uh no.

But I love the hood....

greyghost
02-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Great looking hood!! Way to Go.

Now If Trilogy would only get the Facia kit in production. WoW!!

woaface
02-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Great looking hood!! Way to Go.

Now If Trilogy would only get the Facia kit in production. WoW!!
Yeah, could someone photoshop that hood on a Trilogy car?

Ross
02-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Great find, Bigslim. If the price was more like $1,000.00, and it was functional, I could go for that.

Racerx88
02-26-2004, 08:53 AM
We'll I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't think it fits the lines of the car at all. While the guy's workmanship may be top notch, it still looks no better than those stick on scoops that were on that silver car posted awhile back.
We won't even talk about the $$$$ !! :eek:

O's Fan Rich
02-26-2004, 08:57 AM
It looks odd to me. I'd like to see a Cobra "R" type hood for a MM.

TAF
02-26-2004, 08:58 AM
We'll I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't think it fits the lines of the car at all. While the guy's workmanship may be top notch, it still looks no better than those stick on scoops that were on that silver car posted awhile back.
Ditto!

But nice job on the find/pics bigslim!!!:up:

greyghost
02-26-2004, 09:04 AM
Thats what is great about this list and living in the USA. One persons Treasure is anothers ****.

I think it looks great.

The NY Yankees are a great Baseball team, and I respect them for that but, their fans are the pits.

bigslim
02-26-2004, 09:19 AM
It is too pricey. He did say that the fiberglass hood he is working on will be cheaper to make. I will say that it looks better in person than in the pictures.

merc406
02-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Still like the cowl inducted hood that someone photos shopped that was in the old photo album.

Haggis
02-26-2004, 09:56 AM
The NY Yankees are a great Baseball team, and I respect them for that but, their fans are the pits.

I don't agree, I don't like it. It looks to much like a Camero SS hood for my taste. The Marauder should have something more distinguished.

Thanks greyghost, I think.

Your killing me Rich. Just killing me with that Avatar. ROTFLMFAO.

Go Yankees

Fourth Horseman
02-26-2004, 10:20 AM

I agree with you, Racerx. IMO it's way too bold for the look of the car. One of the big things I liked about the Marauder, aside from the performance, was the subtle, understated look.

greyghost
02-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Well Haggis, if you really feel that strongly about hows about you designing the new Marauder Hood and it must be a functional hood that is all weather rated?? :bows: :lol: :beer:

The Braves will have another great regular season and then choke in the playoffs. Oh Well. :puke: :lol: :censor:

I don't agree, I don't like it. It looks to much like a Camero SS hood for my taste. The Marauder should have something more distinguished.

Thanks greyghost, I think.

Your killing me Rich. Just killing me with that Avatar. ROTFLMFAO.

Go Yankees

Bowman9
02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Well it might not be the style or price I'm looking for, but a least someone is out there working on creating new hoods for us.
I have to give him a thumbs up for that :up:

Does this guy have a website?
So we can see the progress of the next design.

Go Mifuni
02-26-2004, 11:42 AM
If I could do anything to my hood, make mine a SHAKER! :rock:

Haggis
02-26-2004, 12:11 PM
If I could do anything to my hood, make mine a SHAKER! :rock:

That's what I'm talking about. I pass to you the torch that was passed to me by greyghost. Good luck.

Thanks again greyghost, I think? :lol:

greyghost
02-26-2004, 12:29 PM
That's what I'm talking about. I pass to you the torch that was passed to me by greyghost. Good luck.

Thanks again greyghost, I think? :lol:
Great pass Haggis :lol: :bows: :banana2:

LincMercLover
02-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Boo... :down:

Cobra25
02-26-2004, 01:29 PM
I like the way it looks. But like the others too much money.

greyghost
02-26-2004, 01:32 PM
I like the way it looks. But like the others too much money.
I am waiting for trilogy to get their facia package on the martket berfore I do anything else on the body. I may change my mind and do a hood mod but, that would take away the war chest I am trying to build to go S/C. Decisions, Decisions.

looking97233
02-26-2004, 05:32 PM
It looks like they took it off of a camaro ss. Good initative, I like that someone is doing something with our cars. This one is not for me though.

Petrograde
02-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Well,... it is a bit expensive,... but, where else can you get a Marauder hood? That's what I call 'taking one for the team' Slim! Good work!

Everyone may not like it. OK... but you're the 1st, numero uno,.. to mod their hood. You have now paved the way for the rest of us!

Tom

bigslim
02-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Well,... it is a bit expensive,... but, where else can you get a Marauder hood? That's what I call 'taking one for the team' Slim! Good work!

Everyone may not like it. OK... but you're the 1st, numero uno,.. to mod their hood. You have now paved the way for the rest of us!

Tom
Hey Tom, it's not my hood. I'm too poor for something like this. I would rather save my money for the Trilogy supercharger or body kit.

Patrick
02-27-2004, 12:48 AM
I like it!!!!!!! :up: . But for me that kind of money I would do some other mods first. Just me!

What I am waiting on is the message thread the reads "MEGAMARAUDER BORN!!!!!!!!!"

800 HP. 30 in tires and all sorts of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What else can we do with this car?????????? Just a thought!

SergntMac
02-27-2004, 03:50 AM
Complete shaker kits are available at www.karkraft.com Who's game?

Petrograde
02-27-2004, 04:07 AM

Figures,.. the Mach 1 hasn't even been released yet and you can get mods for it. :rolleyes:

Hey Sarge,... the Mustang kit will fit our MMs? Looks like we'd have to relocate the air box.

I like it though,... any ideas on what it would do for performance?

Tom

Go Mifuni
02-27-2004, 08:03 AM
[QUOTE=Petrograde]Figures,.. the Mach 1 hasn't even been released yet and you can get mods for it. :rolleyes:

I test drove a Mach 1 last weekend. I could not get the :D off my face. 3 solid gears of rubber no problem!! The car was PSYCHO! The amazing thing is that it's numbers are not that much different than a stock Marauder. 305hp and 320 lbs. It is about 1k lighter though. Still I would not give up my MM.
But I have had many a thought of something poking out of the hood. Shaker! Shaker! shaker! :banana2:

woaface
02-29-2004, 02:03 PM
305hp and 320 lbs. It is about 1k lighter though. Still I would not give up my MM.
But I have had many a thought of something poking out of the hood. Shaker! Shaker! shaker! :banana2:
I was wondering if the hood scoop adds the 3 horses and 2lb-feet of torque?

Krytin
02-29-2004, 02:18 PM

I like the finned aluminum coil covers on the "Modular Parts" page!

schuvwj
02-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Sarge do you think we have room under our MM hoods? If my memory is right I think we have less room than Mustangs do.

Have a Great Day!

Mattsmerc
02-29-2004, 05:36 PM
I know a lot of you have been asking about Ram-Air hoods. I was on my way to work and stumbled on this......
I stopped by the collision shop that made it and he said they fabricated out of steel. It is very pricey though, $2500.00. He has done seven of them. He is looking to do them in fiberglass for lower cost.
does he have any plans for a cowl induction type hood?

glassman99
02-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Good look'in hood though I will hold out for the Cobra "Shaker" hood, functional of course! :bows:

Bowman9
02-29-2004, 08:55 PM
I stopped by my local ford dealer on my way home today and took some quick measurements of the Mach 1 and GT scoops.
The GT scoop is about 19.5" wide and 18.5" long.
The shaker scoop (scoop only, not the hole) is about 12" wide and 14.5" long.

I still like the idea of a shaker scoop but it might be a little small for our cars.
Does anyone know if the original scoops off the old Mach 1 and Torino's are larger than the new ones.
Also I think the Torino shaker had a slightly different shape, I believe it came to a point.

bigslim
02-29-2004, 09:48 PM
does he have any plans for a cowl induction type hood?
He said he will work on several different hoods. I don't know exactly what he will come with next. I will stay in contact with him and present what ever ideas he has.

MENINBLK
02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't know if any of you have seen this site but the hoods these guys make are unbelievable.
They are stock replacements and they have a functional RAM AIR scoop for the Mustang that adds .3 on 1/4 time...

The site is Cervini's (http://www.cervinis.com) .

I've emailed them, since they are in New Jersey, and asked if they are interested in making a hood for the Marauder.
I wouldn't mind a functional RAM AIR hood for my Marauder...

MENINBLK
02-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Figures,.. the Mach 1 hasn't even been released yet and you can get mods for it. :rolleyes:

Mach 1 has been out at least 4 months.
I sat in one that was on the Smith Cairns showroom back in November.
Not enough legroom for me... :( or I might have bought it.
I'm glad I waited for my Marauder.

Heavy351
03-02-2004, 03:45 PM
This might be the ticket...

One old school NACA duct over the airbox on the left side of the hood. Sits below the hoodline so from the side you won't even know its there. Very functional and not obtrusive. If you dont like the unsymetrical look you could add another to the right side....

Krytin
03-02-2004, 04:27 PM

One old school NACA duct over the airbox on the left side of the hood. Sits below the hoodline so from the side you won't even know its there. Very functional and not obtrusive. If you dont like the unsymetrical look you could add another to the right side....

I like it! Both scoops would look best. We should be able to duct the off side to the air cleaner as well - rectangular duct on underside of hood. Now, if we can just get someone to make the hood!

Bowman9
03-02-2004, 04:31 PM
HEAVY 351

You can buy small scoops like this that are flush to any hood, you'll have to putty them in.
The "Ricers" are using them a lot latley on their cars.

Someone was making a hood with a singel passanger side scoop for 87-93 mustangs.

I'll see if I can find a link.

MarauderMark
03-02-2004, 04:59 PM
The site is Cervini's (http://www.cervinis.com/) .
I've emailed them, since they are in New Jersey, and asked if they are interested in making a hood for the Marauder.
I wouldn't mind a functional RAM AIR hood for my Marauder...[/QUOTE]

I like the stalker hood :up: .something on that type of look would intrest me.but not for $2,500.00:alone:

MENINBLK
03-02-2004, 05:55 PM
The Marauder doesn't suck more air, it gets a slight boost from the air pressure that builds up in the scoop when you are moving at high speeds.
As the air passes over the car, while you are moving forward, it gets SCOOPED up and is directed to your air cleaner box.
The positive pressure increase forces more air into the engine.