PDA

View Full Version : For those who do not know

rayjay
10-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Hi folks, I have not been around much lately for various reasons. My closest friends on here already know, but for those who don't, the Rayjay's have purchased a home in the Spring Lake subdivision, of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. My DTR will be coming out of retirement to be my DD again due to the reasonably priced 93 fuel there. Its still $4.50+/- here.

I am very much looking forward to joining the Carolina Marauders. I believe I need Jim's help already as my HVAC fan quit. I'll check the fuse today. The various doors are opening and closing fine.

My babygirl has to finish this school year here as she is attending parochial HS and I paid for the year inadvance. We hope to move after her regents are over. Hoping she drops right into 11th grade and not 12th as she is AP in most of her course work. Beep graduates from college in December so all the stars are aligning just right. Now all I need is for the housing market there to rebound.

If anyone else is contemplating a move o the Grand Strand, now is the time. The housing prices have bottomed out and are starting to rebound. I got one hell of a deal on 2505 sq ft home.

Ms. Denmark
10-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Congratulations Ray! We are looking forward to seeing you guys a little more once you move. It sounds like things are going well. Eric and I send our very best wishes! Say Hi to Britty and Beep!

fastblackmerc
10-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Ray, let me be the first to welcome you to the Carolina Marauders!

Sounds like your BCM is on it's way out. Try tapping it and it may start working again.

bugsyc
10-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Congrats...Make sure and get in touch with me.I live in Myrtle Beach...Tern Hall off RT. 707...Be very happy to show you around...If I can be of anyhelp,please do not hesitate....hbugsyc@hotmail.co m

HammerDown
10-27-2012, 08:25 AM
RAYJAY!!

Congratulations on the move. It's a really nice town. We've been there a few times with my parents ( we're practicing to be snowbirds!!!!) they rent a condo for the month of February every year.

And the house deal sounds great!!!! Keep us updated on the move. Glad the DTR will get some excercise ;)

Connie & Jack

rayjay
10-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks all! Praying this monster storm has little to no impact on the MB area. They do need the rain though, as do most of us. Just not all at once.

DOOM
10-28-2012, 07:55 AM
:congrats: Ray!!! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
10-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Took me 3+ years, but I finally wore the rascal down (that, or it took that long for all my jabs to finally sink in...;)).

Welcome to the Sunny South, the Carolina Marauders, cheap gas, and good times, Ray! :D

martyo
10-28-2012, 08:35 AM
That is very cool!

slickster
10-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Welcome Ray and congrats. Try to make it at our boc meet

babbage
10-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey Ray! Congrats I hope it all comes together for you and it looks like it is!

Bigdogjim
10-28-2012, 12:10 PM
Congrats Ray :up:

Having toured the MB area for years I know you will like the area a lot,so many things to see and do the ocean is warm arn clear so enjoy.

Mr. Man
10-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Kudos on the new place Ray. Hope it's still there after Sandy rolls thru. Can't wait to hear all about the garbage can sized mosquito's;)

71cyclone
10-28-2012, 01:27 PM
:congrats: Ray!!! :beer:

Congratulations / I am looking South myself ,because in Maryland ,with hobies and cost of living here, my retirement income goes up in smoke :flamer:like clockwork

CBT
10-28-2012, 04:29 PM
When the house party is? That's all the CBT wants to know.

WhatsUpDOHC
10-28-2012, 04:35 PM
When the house party is? That's all the CBT wants to know.
CBT - Should we call you Sandy, now?

Both of you are coming out of nowhere.:beer::beer:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

CBT
10-28-2012, 04:39 PM
CBT - Should we call you Sandy, now?

Both of you are coming out of nowhere.:beer::beer:

Man I really am busy, Friday everyone at work was talking about Sandy. I thought she was a new welder or something.

rayjay
10-29-2012, 06:34 AM
That is very cool!

I will be contacting you Marty to have my car properly tuned. ;) Do you guys do exhaust work too?

rayjay
10-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Kudos on the new place Ray. Hope it's still there after Sandy rolls thru. Can't wait to hear all about the garbage can sized mosquito's;)

Not the mosquitos, its the friggin giant cockroaches wearing level 4 body armor that are PITA. They call em palmetto bugs, BS, its a damn giant armored roach.

Haggis
10-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Congrats Ray and the whole rayjay family.

SC Cheesehead
10-29-2012, 07:30 AM
Not the mosquitos, its the friggin giant cockroaches wearing level 4 body armor that are PITA. They call em palmetto bugs, BS, its a damn giant armored roach.

Durn things are quick, too, but I've found out they don't eat much, so you kinda get used to 'em... ;)

WhatsUpDOHC
10-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Man I really am busy, Friday everyone at work was talking about Sandy. I thought she was a new welder or something.
It's all good, meng. We miss you!

rayjay
10-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Durn things are quick, too, but I've found out they don't eat much, so you kinda get used to 'em... ;)

What is the correct gauge for erradication of said vermon?

fastblackmerc
10-30-2012, 05:15 AM

.177 or .22

bugsyc
10-30-2012, 05:48 AM
the best weapon for the Palmetto bugs is....combat boots...You can have an exterminator come in and fog the whole house.That's expensive,.leaves a mess,bad for pets and They"ll be back.Stomp them when you see them..

SC Cheesehead
10-30-2012, 06:09 AM

the best weapon for the Palmetto bugs is....combat boots...You can have an exterminator come in and fog the whole house.That's expensive,.leaves a mess,bad for pets and They"ll be back.Stomp them when you see them..

True that!

However, if you're planning to use something with a bit more "oomph", I would recommend a small gauge pump or autoloader, open choke and and birdshot. The tactical operative: fire for effect... ;)

Haggis
10-30-2012, 06:14 AM

Nuke the bastards.

SC Cheesehead
10-30-2012, 06:15 AM
Nuke the bastards.

Well, that'll work too, but I'll prolly leave town for the weekend if I was gonna go that route...

rayjay
11-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I've been told these things live in the mulch you put around various things in the yard? I have a full gallon of some "stuff" that will kill the little creeps.

Haggis
11-05-2012, 05:35 AM
I've been told these things live in the mulch you put around various things in the yard? I have a full gallon of some "stuff" that will kill the little creeps.

DDT has been banned in the USA since the 1970's.

rayjay
11-05-2012, 05:50 AM
DDT has been banned in the USA since the 1970's.

Who said anything about DDT?