PDA

View Full Version : Any Mach1 Chin spoiler guys HELP!??

marauder21
11-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Well as you may or may not know, my marauder was involved in an accident that completely destroyed my front bumper. Ok So the part where I need help is that I tried convincing the insurance that my car had a Mach1 chin spoiler installed, but They need a receipt to confirm that since they can't get the part since it was not stock.
So if any of you guys that bought their chin spoiler already still have some kind of receipt or proof you purchased a chin spoiler would hopefully help me out and send me a copy via email or something so I can proof to the insurance that I purchased the part would be GREAT!! Thank you!!

marauder21
11-12-2012, 08:13 AM
btw...if anyone does have a "chin spoiler proof of purchase", sends me a copy or something, and I do end up getting the part installed, I will award you some way possible the best I can lmao ;)

DWSTANG67
11-12-2012, 09:43 AM
pm a copy of my invoice for chin spoiler

ctrlraven
11-12-2012, 10:09 AM
So your car didn't have a chin spoiler on it when the bumper got ripped off?

Rockettman
11-12-2012, 10:37 AM
^^^ haha. Are you kidding...it's an insurance company!
Even if the Adjuster can stand right in front of the bumper; with the chin attached; if its not a stock item...THEY SURE AS H$LL WILL FIND A WAY TO NOT PAY FOR IT!!

Uh oh...I found these quotes:
"and maybe throw in a chin spoiler :rolleyes:"
"so ill Just tell them about my "chin spoiler" I had before it was vaporized in the crash. ;)"

Hmmm...and insurance rates are high...why?

Seriously though - sorry to hear about the front end.
Would have been "poetic-justice" if her airbags went off (for some reason), and the phone she was texting on, ended up impailed in her forehead !

marauder21
11-12-2012, 11:34 AM
pm a copy of my invoice for chin spoiler

pm replied to.
And yeah :)

marauder21
11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Seriously though - sorry to hear about the front end.
Would have been "poetic-justice" if her airbags went off (for some reason), and the phone she was texting on, ended up impailed in her forehead !

Trust me I got over it....lol I mean her car catching on fire and her phone exploding would be awesome!!! But its Alright..as for the damage..what's getting me through is I could get two things out of this 1) chin spoiler and 2) no license bracket that causes the Holes in the bumper.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

NavySeabee
11-12-2012, 12:08 PM
pm replied to.

And nope no chin spoiler before the accident. lol but i mean if im paying like hundreds of dollars for insurance and the one time you actually need something, why not go all out you know?? the least they can do now is actually make the car look BETTER than before, something i can look forward too :)...i mean if its possible they can throw in the spoiler why not?

Hope they don't get a copy of this post since you just admitted to fraud.

whitey
11-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Seriously brother, you have to keep that kind of stuff on the down low, not only do a lot of people frown upon what youre doing, its illegal...insurance fraud....you need to keep hushhush, or youll be going to jail..

P.S. If you get that chin spoiler, send it to me, and I wont rat you out to your ins. Company
:P

marauder21
11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Hope they don't get a copy of this post since you just admitted to fraud.

What post?? :eek: lol
And I don't think they know about our omline marauder family.
Lmao but whitey IF I do get a chin spoiler which I doubt, ill send you half? We'll go halfies :D or wait.......do you even know what kinda insurance i have?? lmao i mean its not like im in good hands or anything, actually its so easy a caveman can do it! ;) lmao

marauder21
11-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Insurance fraud. Dam...i seriously didnt even think about that lol...not worth it for a piece of plastic huh....well i guess if they do install a spoiler GREAT if not thats alright too....hmmmm maybe i can buy it off ebay, give it to them, and MAKE them do the 30min. labor lmao :P

ctrlraven
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
$74.99

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mach1-chin-spoiler-9904.html

marauder21
11-12-2012, 01:30 PM
$74.99

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mach1-chin-spoiler-9904.html

wasn't It like $69.99 on latemodelrestoration.com????

But anyone know the difference between the 3 different types of chin spoilers??? Cause there's like three
..the $69.99 one the $199.99 and some other one...

Mebot
11-12-2012, 01:36 PM
the chin spoiler from american muscle is the knockoff one. I assume the $199 one is OEM & after having the cheap chin spoiler before, I think I would pay more to get the OEM

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

Mebot
11-12-2012, 01:37 PM
also can you let me know where you found the $199.99 one? thanks!

DWSTANG67
11-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Here is the difference between the 3 types

http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archive/2011/05/11/1999-2004-mustang-mach-1-chin-spoiler-comparison.aspx

marauder21
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
also can you let me know where you found the $199.99 one? thanks!

My mistake!!! Not $199.99 its $139.99 I'm sorry I got confused for a bit.. I read the exact link Dwstang67 just posted up. (Thanks!! I was just looking for that article) That's exactly the same one I saw awhile back!! So back to my question which 3 is the best one??? :eek:

ajdereicup
11-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Your going to love the chin spoiler man. Its actually pretty easy to install too. Not sure what make mine is but I got it dirt cheap brand new from a member on a different site and it matches the black side panels in color and texture perfectly

marauder21
11-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Your going to love the chin spoiler man. Its actually pretty easy to install too. Not sure what make mine is but I got it dirt cheap brand new from a member on a different site and it matches the black side panels in color and texture perfectly

Oh yeah! I remember that now...yeah it looks REALLY NICE on Your Vic after I saw yours I got more tempted to buy one.
But good news boys, my cousin said he has a friend who might even give me his chin spoiler he had on his mustang :D:thumbup:

ajdereicup
11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Lol thats definitely good. I'd just suggest use actual hardware not those push pin things that comes with it and use stainless steel hardware so it doesn't rust. And take your time and just line it up how you want it. They say use duct tape to hold it up and mark it. My duct tape ended out in the yard I got so mad at it not working and sticking enough. So it was a little harder for me doing it alone but if you have one person hold it up and then just mark the holes where you need the screws with a sharpie then take it down and drill. And if you do use hardware get big washers on both sides just in case you hit something so it wont rip the regular hardware right out. Yeah buying all that hardware in stainless isn't cheap but do it right once and don't have to worry about it again

fastblackmerc
11-13-2012, 05:09 AM
I'd use plastic push rivets to secure the spoiler. If you use hardware that is stronger than the spoiler you risk the chance of tearing up the bumper cover if you hit something. Bumper cover are getting as rare as hen's teeth. Better to sacrifice a < $100.00 part than an unobtainable bumper cover.

How to install:

Warm the spoiler so it goes back to it's original shape
Mark the center of the bumper with blue painters tape
Mark the center of the spoiler with blue painters tape
Match up the tape
Use more painters tape to keep the spoiler in place
The ends of the spoiler should be at the front of the wheel well opening
Drill holes and insert the plastic push rivets

whitey
11-13-2012, 05:27 AM
I dont have one, but I would use plastic rivets because of what fbm said

WhatsUpDOHC
11-13-2012, 05:28 AM
^^^^^^++++++1++++++^^^^^^

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

marauder21
11-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Now that you do think about it...plastic rivets do seem a safer choice for the bumper....so last night I was looking online and well I found something interesting, would you guys recommend a chin spoiler that's flexible or one that would be "hard" and not move?? (I ask Cause there's 3 types of spoilers like I previously asked lol)

ajdereicup
11-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh true that does make sense. My bumper covers a dime a dozen so I don't really think of those things sorry guys lol

8UWITH6
11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I just got mine on eBay 65.99 shipped. It was bent up to fig in the box but it straightened out just fine with warm weather and some Jack stands sitting on it.

marauder21
11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I just got mine on eBay 65.99 shipped. It was bent up to fig in the box but it straightened out just fine with warm weather and some Jack stands sitting on it.

NICE!! :beer: im just waiting to hear from my cousin see if i can get that spoiler if not ill just purchase mine online one of these days...with the car going away for winter gonna be a good time to buy some extra goodies :banana2::burnout::banana2:

Vortech347
11-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Forwarded to the FBI.

marauder21
11-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Forwarded to the FBI.

Lol ok??? The female body inspector ?? :eek: :D jk jk

Well I finally bought the chin spoiler from latemodelrestoration.com hopefully everything goes good! :thumbup: should arrive on Tuesday :)

Edit: I wonder what will get here first, the spoiler or the Car lmao :p

ajdereicup
11-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Lol its a waiting game

marauder21
11-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Lol its a waiting game

Seriously!!! Lol the insurance sent me an email yesterday saying everything is going well and that the vehicle will be ready on Tuesday OR Wednesday. And when I ordered the spoiler it said it'll arrive on Tuesday.....I feel like its gonna be an early Christmas for me on Tuesday ;):D lmao