PDA

View Full Version : More sub-woofer comments

89VERT
02-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Well , I finally got around to attending to my rattling/buzzing and extremely annoying sub-woofer and I'd like to thank everyone who posted tips relative to this problem.

I found it very easy to remove the spare and undo the 4 bolts to lower the sub down to remove the foam insert and to check if the opening was blocked.I'm over 6 feet tall and I had no problem lying in the trunk to perform this .Man is this trunk BIG!
Again using the advice on this site , I removed the speaker grill and stuffed a wad of foam rubber under the package tray and I also shoved some in the seat belt access holes .
And...voila!

The bass sounds perfect and I can't believe the difference it's made . Especially when my dealer said they couldn't "find" the problem and I'd have to book an appointment when their audio service tech vists the dealership.

Thanks again all. This is one great resource site!

hutch
02-28-2004, 09:25 AM
I would like to send out a thanks to everyone on this site as well. I took my car to the dealer to fix the subwoofer and they couldn't figure out what the problem was. I fixed my woofer a couple of weeks ago, also following the direction of the many posts on the MM site. Now my stereo sounds sounds great! Unfortunately, I want it to sound even better so I will probably change all of the speakers to aftermarket ones, including the woofer. Thanks again.

Hutch

RoyLPita
02-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Welcome aboard, Hutch.

jstevens
07-15-2004, 06:30 PM
My sub woofer was sounding like crap so I had the dealer check it out while it was in for an oil change. Couldn't believe it when they said they had to order a new one.
Its in now and I'll have it replaced.

MARAUDER S/C #5
07-15-2004, 06:38 PM
I think it is easier to take out the back seat, lift the speaker deck a little, reach in and pull out the foam. This is how I did it, took about 20 minutes. :up: