PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinions...

Curless
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
I am trying to get things started on the Ford Trucks forum with a pedal fix...not much interest over there...here is the thread, how would you guys handle the situation?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1196724-adjustable-pedal-fix.html

Bigdogjim
11-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Sounds like you on the right track, problem is a lot of owners on that site are like me and do not move the pedals.

SpartaPerformance
11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree with Bigdog, you're presenting yourself properly it's just like one member stated unless the vehicle is shared by more then one driver pedals don't really need to be moved. However there are many different Ford models like Taurus, Flex, etc... that have adjustable pedals, those being "family" vehicles there is a greater chance that they are shared by more then one driver. I would say that Ford has one maybe two different gear sizes being most platforms are shared nowadays, you might find a wider base of customers pursuing those.

Curless
11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys, I feel like I am being attacked over there. I am not going to constantly try to offer something to people that don't want it. I would love to build up an inventory and then sell it off slowly but I can't see doing it without any interest at all.

Spectragod
11-14-2012, 08:32 PM
They don't want it because they can A) buy a new pedal assembly from Ford for $125, and B) don't care about their cars like we do. I could make some generalizations, but won't........... never mine, I will, they sound like the same people that go to the gas station and buy 5 packs of cigarettes, $20 worth of lottery tickets, $5 of Mountain Dew and $1.25 worth of gas, then leave the station at full throttle.

It honestly doesn't sound like they want/need your help, $75 is a stretch for most it sounds, just my 4.6 cents worth.

ajdereicup
11-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I would honestly think about using a source such as EBAY to sell them off or like some of them said setup a free website and just have it setup so when they order it emails you. But then you'd have to keep a little inventory in stock. And that way you'd be able to get it out to everyone that searched for it and hopefully word of mouth would help out a lot and you can join forums of vehicals that have this problem and point them in the right direction. But then it'd cost a pretty penny out of pocket to get the inventory in without preorders:(

Haggis
11-15-2012, 05:29 AM
Screw them.

Curless
11-15-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the comments... I pretty much feel the same way!