PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights and welfare

rayjay
11-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Someone please splain to me this to me. The darter next door spends all day rigging up a Christmas light display that rivals "Lights On The Lake" in Syracuse. That is the largest drive through light display in the country. Now thats great, I love Christmas lights, but they don't work, Title 8 housing, so who the hell is paying the electric power bill? You get one guess. :mad2: No wonder we have a looming fiscal crisis....

IwantmyMMnow!
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Someone please splain to me this to me. The darter next door spends all day rigging up a Christmas light display that rivals "Lights On The Lake" in Syracuse. That is the largest drive through light display in the country. Now thats great, I love Christmas lights, but they don't work, Title 8 housing, so who the hell is paying the electric power bill? You get one guess. :mad2: No wonder we have a looming fiscal crisis....

The lights or the people that live there? :lol:

Are they the kind where if one bulb is out, the whole string is inop? I say you find out when they aren't around....:hide:

ajdereicup
11-15-2012, 11:26 PM
^^^LOL that was a good one. Yeah just pull out one bulb. If anyone asks just say you were wondering if they bought the quality lights or not

Bluerauder
11-16-2012, 05:27 AM

Section 8 housing (aka Housing Voucher Program) is an abject failure. Some 95% of the people in the program never achieve the goals. It is unrealistic to think that putting people into 6 bedroom, 4.5 bath homes while they are employed in minimum wage jobs will ever be a success if the goal is for them to eventually (within a 3-5 year timeframe) take over that house on their own dime. Short of hitting the lottery .... most will never see enough income to be able to afford that house on their own. Maybe this is why I see so many "low income" folks buying those lottery tickets and a 20 ounce beer at the gas station.

Section 8 is a great deal for the participants. They get to live in a big house for 30% of their income (no matter how small). The government picks up the rest of the tab. If you can qualify for Section 8 you might be able to live in a house whose monthy mortgage/rent is in the $2,500-$3000 range. Your cost could be as low as $350. That's an 80-90% discount and a terrific deal. Unfortunately, it sets very unrealistic expectations that they will EVER be able to live there on their own without some type of government assistance or supplementary income. When the program expires in 3-5 years, most will be back in the very same position they were in before the program. Sure, they got to live the "good life" for a little while; but it isn't a permanent fix and everyone knew it wasn't going to be for 95% of the participants.

For this reason, I think that the 5% success rate reflects those who just barely qualified for the program. Probably within 10% of the highest qualifying income. That is, people who were already moving up the income ladder by advancing their education, improving their marketable skills, exploring additional opportunities to advance their position in the marketplace. Moving from the burger line, to the fryer, to the front counter doesn't offer that much of an improvement.

JMHO.

blackhueys
11-16-2012, 06:26 AM
section 8 in the military is for crazy people I guess it fits the bill as well for this! I am starting on thinking of becoming an un employed drunk criminal so I can have some of my rights given back to me! I am not getting any by being legal lol.

Bigdogjim
11-16-2012, 06:36 AM
I see this even on my street except the house is rented. Never the less the move here from another State and don't even change the plates on their car's to NJ?

You can not give people something for nothing.

SC Cheesehead
11-16-2012, 06:46 AM
section 8 in the military is for crazy people I guess it fits the bill as well for this! I am starting on thinking of becoming an un employed drunk criminal so I can have some of my rights given back to me! I am not getting any by being legal lol.

:hug2:

"It should be clear that personal and political authority are mutually exclusive categories, ... Since any political authority that exists is humanly created, it is either taken by force from, or freely given by, those over whom it is exercised." - Jeffery H. Reimen

Rockettman
11-16-2012, 06:50 AM

Perfectly put. Right on the button!
Believe me...it ain't any different here in Ontario. :(

rayjay
11-16-2012, 07:20 AM
The lights or the people that live there? :lol:

Are they the kind where if one bulb is out, the whole string is inop? I say you find out when they aren't around....:hide:

Not sure, Santa visiting with nippers would be a terrible shame. :D

rayjay
11-16-2012, 07:27 AM

I am with you. I want my free s&$t too!!! Ooops, sorry you worked all your life, destroyed your spine, and don't qualify. In fact we are going to redistribute your money to the dart. So, shut the f$#k up and pay up, NOW! Say which???? :mad2:

Blackened300a
11-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Not sure, Santa visiting with nippers would be a terrible shame. :D

Don't worry, it won't long before the lights are robbed and used as interior lighting in several of the homes. :D

SC Cheesehead
11-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Don't worry, it won't long before the lights are robbed and used as interior lighting in several of the homes. :D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm not through with my remodeling project yet!

;) -----------> :D

RF Overlord
11-16-2012, 07:40 AM
I am starting on thinking of becoming an un employed drunk criminal so I can have some of my rights given back to me! It'll never work...you aren't an illegal immigrant.

rayjay
11-16-2012, 07:58 AM
It'll never work...you aren't an illegal immigrant.

No ah speeky da engrish, lost my ID and can act dumb as a box of rocks. That work?

SC Cheesehead
11-16-2012, 09:22 AM
No ah speeky da engrish, lost my ID and can act dumb as a box of rocks. That work?

Ich bin nicht kriminell oder arbeitslos, aber ich könnte ein betrunkenes sein, wenn das helfen würde?

Haggis
11-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Ich bin nicht kriminell oder arbeitslos, aber ich könnte ein betrunkenes sein, wenn das helfen würde?

Haben Sie papiere?

SC Cheesehead
11-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Haben Sie papiere?

Nein, wenn Sie Ihr eigenes rollen, gehen Sie anderswo... :D

Cheeseheadbob
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Rex, shouldn't you and Gordon be using the informal tense...? :D
Nein, wenn Sie Ihr eigenes rollen, gehen Sie anderswo... :D

IwantmyMMnow!
11-16-2012, 06:31 PM
Rex, shouldn't you and Gordon be using the informal tense...? :D

I don't know whether to be impressed or in shock with those two...

Speak UP guys...maybe then I can understand what you're saying...:lol:

SC Cheesehead
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I don't know whether to be impressed or in shock with those two...

Speak UP guys...maybe then I can understand what you're saying...:lol:

Was ist dies, dass Sie Deutsch nicht sprechen? :D

IwantmyMMnow!
11-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Was ist dies, dass Sie Deutsch nicht sprechen? :D

That's either, "The Packers will win Sunday" or...hey...what did you just call me? :D

WhatsUpDOHC
11-17-2012, 05:38 AM
Haben Sie papiere?
Gordon, you missed it:

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

Ich verstehe deutsch aber einer muss langsam sprechen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bigdogjim
11-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Go ahead keep it up while I re-load:lol:

WhatsUpDOHC
11-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Go ahead keep it up while I re-load:lol:
Wass machst du, Grosse Hund?

lwblumjr
11-18-2012, 07:08 PM

"I am not criminal or jobless, but I could be a drunk one if this helped?"

Shaijack
11-19-2012, 03:21 AM
I will not give up my government phone, welfare, food stamps or free medical care. As a fixed income person I have rights. HAHA
It is a shape that a person making money(on job) can still get that stuff by playing the game the right way. It always bugged me.
I don't put up Christmas lights on my house.
Put them up for years and the wife complained that some were not straight so I took them down and gave them to the garbage man.

Bigdogjim
11-19-2012, 07:03 AM
I will not give up my government phone, welfare, food stamps or free medical care. As a fixed income person I have rights. HAHA
It is a shape that a person making money(on job) can still get that stuff by playing the game the right way. It always bugged me.
I don't put up Christmas lights on my house.
Put them up for years and the wife complained that some were not straight so I took them down and gave them to the garbage man.
When my wife tell me not to do something I take it as a dare:banana2:
Go ahead put your Christmass light back up :up:

SC Cheesehead
11-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Gordon, you missed it:

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

Ich verstehe deutsch aber einer muss langsam sprechen.

Ich bin kein kluger Mann, Jennie, aber weiß, was Liebe ist. ;)

"I am not criminal or jobless, but I could be a drunk one if this helped?"

Hey, just trying to do the best I can with what I got... ;) ------> :D