PDA

View Full Version : Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead

guspech750
11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Wondering if anyone else had seen this movie, Fat, Sick & Nearly dead. Just saw it tonight. Pretty good movie and compelling too. I think its another good way for people to get their mind, body and weight back on track. And to get away from the overwhelming choices of bad foods.

It made me think about my habits and bad food choices.

And I am going to change them now. Along with my wife. I am so tired of the daily physical pain I endure. I am sick of feeling tired and sluggish. And I am fed up with being overweight. Time to change my lifestyle.

What do you people think?
Have you seen it?
Have you tried it?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

DOOM
11-18-2012, 08:24 PM
See ya at White Castle! :D

Mr. Man
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear your giving up your DTR.....:D

justbob
11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Sorry you are giving up Heather! 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatsUpDOHC
11-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Just watched the trailer.

I'm feeling the same way but I don't know that I could sustain an all juice diet. Something's got to change, though.

Not a good time of year to cut back on the eating........

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Haggis
11-19-2012, 05:31 AM
Just watched the trailer.

I'm feeling the same way but I don't know that I could sustain an all juice diet. Something's got to change, though.

Not a good time of year to cut back on the eating........

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

In all honesty that will kill you. Juice is full of sugar and too much will not do you any good.

Protein, baby is where it's at. (TWSS)

SC Cheesehead
11-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Thought maybe you was talking about me on Friday morning at the last Louisville meet... :o

Curless
11-19-2012, 06:15 AM
I start a work out / watch what you eat deal today at 6:30....not looking forward to it but its necessary.

Bigdogjim
11-19-2012, 06:55 AM
So that means you will not attend the upcomming Looseville meet? Come on no way all that junk food is good for you:)

babbage
11-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Just go to the gym and workout hard at least once a week, you'll feel better. (bonus: you'll still be able to have pizza and wings..):burnout:

Curless
11-19-2012, 07:36 AM
So that means you will not attend the upcomming Looseville meet? Come on no way all that junk food is good for you:)

Oh I did not say that~! I just need to get off of my dead azz and do something about being over weight...I'll meet ya at the Waffle House!!!:pancake:

Vortex
11-19-2012, 08:40 AM
True story time to share with my MM pals: I got so sick of being super fat I did something about it. Went for my physical in 2010 and the doc asked me "had I ever considered a bypass?" and I had to confess I had never actually, really tried a diet. I have worked in hospitals and believe me, you never want to go in one unless you absolutely have to go. Anyway, I used a calorie calculator (they are everywhere online) and starting calculating the calories of everything I ate AND started writing it down in a little book, adding up my daily calories ever day. I also started weighing myself twice a day, with my official daily weight at the same time every morning. On Monday mornings, that would be my official weekly weight and I would write it in the book. I could eat anything I wanted but had to try to keep it below my daily max allowance. Oh yeah, some stuff had to stop. Number one: LOSE the number to Papa Johns. Number two: do not go down the row at the grocery store that has chips on one side and cookies/crackers on the other. Number three: eat cereal 6 days a week for breakfast (Sunday I am allowed a "truck driver breakfast").
Anyway, it works. It is a long slow process but it is possible, without drugs, surgery or whatever. You can eat pretty much what you want, just less. It isnt easy and makes quitting smoking seem like a cakewalk. After a year and a half I dont write down my food anymore. Ive lost 125 pounds so far and want to drop another 25 for my long term goal. I AM NEVER going back and will keep weighing myself twice a day. The reason Im am writing this is not to "toot my own horn" but to let other folks know it is possible, you can do it, and you WILL be sucessful. I just had my physical last week; first time in a decade everthing was normal (including all those tryglycerides, HDLs and whatever). If you want to do it too, go to the pantry right now and throw out the crapola. Do it today.

SC Cheesehead
11-19-2012, 09:07 AM
True story time to share with my MM pals: I got so sick of being super fat I did something about it. Went for my physical in 2010 and the doc asked me "had I ever considered a bypass?" and I had to confess I had never actually, really tried a diet. I have worked in hospitals and believe me, you never want to go in one unless you absolutely have to go. Anyway, I used a calorie calculator (they are everywhere online) and starting calculating the calories of everything I ate AND started writing it down in a little book, adding up my daily calories ever day. I also started weighing myself twice a day, with my official daily weight at the same time every morning. On Monday mornings, that would be my official weekly weight and I would write it in the book. I could eat anything I wanted but had to try to keep it below my daily max allowance. Oh yeah, some stuff had to stop. Number one: LOSE the number to Papa Johns. Number two: do not go down the row at the grocery store that has chips on one side and cookies/crackers on the other. Number three: eat cereal 6 days a week for breakfast (Sunday I am allowed a "truck driver breakfast").
Anyway, it works. It is a long slow process but it is possible, without drugs, surgery or whatever. You can eat pretty much what you want, just less. It isnt easy and makes quitting smoking seem like a cakewalk. After a year and a half I dont write down my food anymore. Ive lost 125 pounds so far and want to drop another 25 for my long term goal. I AM NEVER going back and will keep weighing myself twice a day. The reason Im am writing this is not to "toot my own horn" but to let other folks know it is possible, you can do it, and you WILL be sucessful. I just had my physical last week; first time in a decade everthing was normal (including all those tryglycerides, HDLs and whatever). If you want to do it too, go to the pantry right now and throw out the crapola. Do it today.

Dang, Jim, you're half the man you used to be, congrats! :up:

Haggis
11-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Dang, Jim, you're half the man you used to be, congrats! :up:

I was going to say a third the man, congrats.

Mr. Man
11-19-2012, 09:29 AM
In all honesty that will kill you. Juice is full of sugar and too much will not do you any good.

Protein, baby is where it's at. (TWSS)
Cap't Blanks FTW..:D

Haggis
11-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Cap't Blanks My HERO :lovies:

***Fixed***

tbone
11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Joey, I think you are the sexiest man alive! :banana:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQf3yvVz89Og bMF8J-zWyPcaEdnMu4yt0ph1IiJVtmxDTiG-d6W

DOOM
11-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Cap't Blanks FTW..:D

LMMFAO!!!!! :laugh: :rofl:

:drink:

Esilar
11-19-2012, 03:59 PM

125 pounds. Impressive. Congratulations to your discipline, i'm sure you feel much better now. Keep going on!

guspech750
11-19-2012, 04:04 PM

Man, that is very impressive. Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Bigdogjim
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Wondering if anyone else had seen this movie, Fat, Sick & Nearly dead. Just saw it tonight. Pretty good movie and compelling too. I think its another good way for people to get their mind, body and weight back on track. And to get away from the overwhelming choices of bad foods.

It made me think about my habits and bad food choices.

And I am going to change them now. Along with my wife. I am so tired of the daily physical pain I endure. I am sick of feeling tired and sluggish. And I am fed up with being overweight. Time to change my lifestyle.

What do you people think?
Have you seen it?
Have you tried it?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Listen at the next meet just stand next to me and you will look and feel thin:laugh:

guspech750
11-20-2012, 04:47 AM
Listen at the next meet just stand next to me and you will look and feel thin:laugh:

:lol: Good one Jim.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

CBT
11-20-2012, 06:38 AM
Never heard of the movie. What's the diet plan, ciggs and coffee? I'm in.

Mr. Man
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Listen at the next meet just stand next to me and you will look and feel thin:laugh:I like the fact that when I do this ^^^ I look exceedingly handsome. :D:P

Bigdogjim
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
^^^Hey "little buddie" You can hid behind me:lol: