PDA

View Full Version : Holy massive WTF!?!?!?!?!

MyBlackBeasts
11-20-2012, 02:42 PM
In the interest of informing the public I create this thread. I emailed to everyone & posted on FB. Everyone needs to do the same. If it gets locked, oh well, I was able to inform some people. Everyone needs to know about this so the public can stand up against it:

Welcome to Nazi Germany, stand in line & get your tattoo...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/25/id-badges-let-texas-school-officials-track-students-raising-legal-questions/ (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/25/id-badges-let-texas-school-officials-track-students-raising-legal-questions/)

http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=10587099

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=38747 (http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=38747)

http://redtape.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/26/14705346-texas-schools-begin-tracking-students-with-computer-chips-in-id-cards?lite (http://redtape.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/26/14705346-texas-schools-begin-tracking-students-with-computer-chips-in-id-cards?lite)

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/technology/gadgets/student-andrea-hernandez-expelled-refusing-wear-location-tracking-rfid-badge (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/technology/gadgets/student-andrea-hernandez-expelled-refusing-wear-location-tracking-rfid-badge)

RacerX
11-20-2012, 02:52 PM
The kids should all get together and swap IDs. Put them all on an RC car or helicopter and see if they can track that. :D

Don't worry, we'll all be tagged and tracked from birth by Big Brother and it's all our own doing. IBTL!

marauder21
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
The kids should all get together and swap IDs. Put them all on an RC car or helicopter and see if they can track that. :D

Don't worry, we'll all be tagged and tracked from birth by Big Brother and it's all our own doing. IBTL!

Are they waterproof? If so, id flush it down the toilet!!! See Where that leads to

gdsqdcr
11-20-2012, 03:27 PM
No way on earth would allow a school to do that with my child. If anyone is going to track my kids, it will be me ... not some school.

I carry a RF badge at work, and they wont do that here cause of the legal issues. Trust me I tried, (I care cause of post disaster events on campus and accountability checks).

Marauderjack
11-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Stick 'em on buses and cabs!!!:cool:

IBTL also!!:beer:

Curless
11-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't have children...but I do have a dog. I won't even get him a license cause I think its bulls&^t. There is NO WAY on this earth I would ever consent to this, not for my kids and not for myself. I have said it before, I AM a 1%er...you can pry my freedom from my cold dead hands.

DOOM
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Are they waterproof? If so, id flush it down the toilet!!! See Where that leads to

LMAO!!! :up:

MyBlackBeasts
11-20-2012, 04:22 PM

Yes, as a parent I would find many creative things to do with the ID other than my kid wearing it!!! :lol:

guspech750
11-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Ahhhh yes. Old news.

And I would take on all involved in court.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

ajdereicup
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
This would've ruined school for me. I was honestly expecting this to be in California because of all the laws they have there but I'm guessing people are going to put an end to this quick because its such BS

CBT
11-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I guess it's easier to track people who comply then to try and track illegals.

guspech750
11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I guess it's easier to track people who comply then to try and track illegals.

Where is the god damn like button?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Baaad GN
11-20-2012, 10:45 PM
You don't have to track Illegals, just go to any voting address there all lined up there! Oh at least in IL they are, don't know about other places.

Bigdogjim
11-20-2012, 11:13 PM
First off they only track the kids when they are at school. That's not a bad thing.

They would be very helpfull on the school bus, do you all have any idea how may time a chiold get on the wrong bus? Or a parent call the office looking for a child that got off with a friend?

I hear radio chatter all afternoon asking when a driver is going to arrive at a stop or if a child got off at the correct stop.

Plus with the tracking ID on the bus if there is an accident it a real time saver in ID'ing the kid on board.

Not all that bad if you ask me.

marauder21
11-20-2012, 11:21 PM
First off they only track the kids when they are at school. That's not a bad thing.

They would be very helpfull on the school bus, do you all have any idea how may time a chiold get on the wrong bus? Or a parent call the office looking for a child that got off with a friend?

I hear radio chatter all afternoon asking when a driver is going to arrive at a stop or if a child got off at the correct stop.

Plus with the tracking ID on the bus if there is an accident it a real time saver in ID'ing the kid on board.

Not all that bad if you ask me.

I agree, but if it was like grade school kids, but in high school? No. that will never work in high school lol.
But I mean they track them today, but What about tomorrow? Will They start tracking adults in their jobs too? Its how it starts...Just my opinion though.

MrBluGruv
11-21-2012, 02:56 AM
I don't know how I feel about this; on the one hand, I can kinda see about keeping accurate records of attendance (although really, why do we always have to rely on technology to do our work for everything?), but on the other hand, I know I would've REALLY not liked being tracked for every second of every school day. What's disgusting is that, for all the rhetoric about how "it's to ensure the safety of the children," it's painfully obvious that the only reason it's being implemented is in an effort to garner more state funding.

And boy, how classy of NISD here:

"In response to public outcry and pressure from rights groups, John Jay High School has offered to remove the battery and chip, but wouldn’t budge on the ID. The offer would also require the Hernandez family to end their public criticism and agree to support the policy, something Andrea’s father Steve Hernandez finds unacceptable."

Basically, "hey look, if you hush up, we'll turn a blind eye and let you slip through the cracks."

Are these district big-wigs people of ethics or what?

On another note, you can tell that the writers of these articles never had to carry I.D.s in school in their youth either, even basic IDs, and it's questionable if these people were actually teenagers at some point or if they just forgot; are they honestly trying to suggest that some students find the I.D.s fashionable? The reason the students are writing on them and putting stickers on them is because THEY ARE CHILDREN. They try to make ANYTHING that they have unique in an attempt to try to individualize themselves and carve an identity. Are these people seriously journalists? Or just fluff column writers that write what they are told rather than bothering to research?

CBT
11-21-2012, 04:53 AM
I don't know how I feel about this; on the one hand, I can kinda see about keeping accurate records of attendance (although really, why do we always have to rely on technology to do our work for everything?), but on the other hand, I know I would've REALLY not liked being tracked for every second of every school day. What's disgusting is that, for all the rhetoric about how "it's to ensure the safety of the children," it's painfully obvious that the only reason it's being implemented is in an effort to garner more state funding.

And boy, how classy of NISD here:

"In response to public outcry and pressure from rights groups, John Jay High School has offered to remove the battery and chip, but wouldn’t budge on the ID. The offer would also require the Hernandez family to end their public criticism and agree to support the policy, something Andrea’s father Steve Hernandez finds unacceptable."

Basically, "hey look, if you hush up, we'll turn a blind eye and let you slip through the cracks."

Are these district big-wigs people of ethics or what?

On another note, you can tell that the writers of these articles never had to carry I.D.s in school in their youth either, even basic IDs, and it's questionable if these people were actually teenagers at some point or if they just forgot; are they honestly trying to suggest that some students find the I.D.s fashionable? The reason the students are writing on them and putting stickers on them is because THEY ARE CHILDREN. They try to make ANYTHING that they have unique in an attempt to try to individualize themselves and carve an identity. Are these people seriously journalists? Or just fluff column writers that write what they are told rather than bothering to research?

For real. How about they make it optional? Then you can know if your child is at school or if you don't care, don't get a badge for them. Skipping school or not skipping school teaches young adults the importance of making decisions on thier own. I don't think local, state, or national government needs to be making all the decisions for people, right or wrong.

duhtroll
11-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Them damn Texas liberals... ;)

One thing I agree with is the possibility of tracking kids during a fire, school shooting, etc.

During two tornadoes that came near our school we had some parents drive to the school and take their kids without telling anyone (yes, through the storm) rather than keep them safe in the shelter areas. I can imagine the same parents would be the ones taking us to court if we couldn't find their kids on a moment's notice.

If a disaster or shooting happens at a school, safety rule #1 (and the most difficult thing to do) is know where every single kid is. We have a small school and it is difficult - I can only imagine how hard it is in a larger district.

This would sound like I am in favor of the IDs. I'm not, for one glaring reason that has already been pointed out. They aren't tracking kids - they are tracking their IDs. Whether intentionally or not, many students will be tracked to the wrong place.

Even a student who keeps their ID in their purse, then has to leave their purse in a burning building creates chaos.

So I guess I am in favor of the chip implants... :P (no, not really)

ajdereicup
11-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I agree, but if it was like grade school kids, but in high school? No. that will never work in high school lol.
But I mean they track them today, but What about tomorrow? Will They start tracking adults in their jobs too? Its how it starts...Just my opinion though.

They already track us. They're called IPASSes. Not foolproof yet though

guspech750
11-21-2012, 10:20 PM
They already track us. They're called IPASSes. Not foolproof yet though

True. But that is by our choice. We don't have to have an IPASS.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

ncmm
11-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Lucky it's not embedded in their body. . .yet.

ajdereicup
11-21-2012, 11:28 PM
True. But that is by our choice.

For now. Plus just don't travel toll roads and your all good. But I heard they were going to try and give out speeding tickets if you traveled between tolls too quickly. Like the amount of time it took you was less then it would've been if you had gone the speed limit