PDA

View Full Version : Geez, has it really been three years?

Ozark Marauder
11-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Today, November 23, 2009, I drove my dream car off a Used Car Lot in Springfield, Mo. A 2003, Black/Light Flint with 59,000 miles. A few tweaks here and there, some fluids and filters, routine maintenance, a set of tires, a LCM, one COP, brake discs and pads. A daily driver that has been through rain, sleet, snow, and so many hand washes and waxes, too numerous to count.

But more than that, three years ago I joined this forum, and learned the ins and outs of this car. The mods, the idiosyncrasies, and all of the "what IS that funny noise"? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Now with 79,XXX, not a lot for three years, it's been a great ride, with the proverbial "smiles per miles". Although I've only met a few other Marauder owners locally, I acknowledge and appreciate the kinship with with my "forum freaks, foes, and friends". What has been a login several times a week, is now a daily habit.

Thanks Bros...:beer:

OZ

Mebot
11-24-2012, 09:06 AM
wow a daily driver & only 20k miles in three years? how far away is work?

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

jimlam56
11-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks, you reminded me that I picked up my first Marauder on this date in 2005!
Nothing like getting to know your car with a 12 hour drive straight through from Houston to Jacksonville.
Funny thing is I had never even driven a MM until that day.

SC Cheesehead
11-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah, it's funny how time flies and how things change after a guy gets a Marauder.

I'm on my second one (not by choice...:(), and have loved every minute of ownership.

I've been to seven Maraudervilles, too many other events and car activities to recall, have made countless friends and have learned tons of stuff about the car, and that continues daily.

Enjoy, my friend, and MANY more anniversaries to come! :up:

jimlam56
11-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it's funny how time flies and how things change after a guy gets a Marauder.

I'm on my second one (not by choice...:(), and have loved every minute of ownership.

I've been to seven Maraudervilles, too many other events and car activities to recall, have made countless friends and have learned tons of stuff about the car, and that continues daily.

Enjoy, my friend, and MANY more anniversaries to come! :up:
You are so right Rex!
After 3 Marauders, I have so many new friends from this car I can't count them all!

SC Cheesehead
11-24-2012, 11:16 AM
You are so right Rex!
After 3 Marauders, I have so many new friends from this car I can't count them all!

I count you among my many friends, still remember our "Arabian Nights" adventure at MVIV...:lol:

jimlam56
11-24-2012, 11:18 AM
I count you among my many friends, still remember our "Arabian Nights" adventure at MVIV...:lol:
I'm trying to forget the food...:)

guspech750
11-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Bought mine March 2009. So many great friends, who I truly call great friends. 2 MV's, 2 Louisville's, lots of local meets and lots of mod money later.

Good times my friends. Good times indeed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

SC Cheesehead
11-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm trying to forget the food...:)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30734837.jpg

Not to mention E-Dubb's running "comentary"....:o

Ozark Marauder
11-25-2012, 10:46 AM
wow a daily driver & only 20k miles in three years? how far away is work?

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

0 miles, I'm fortunate to have the ability to run my business over the Internet.

OZ

CBT
11-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Today, November 23, 2009, I drove my dream car off a Used Car Lot in Springfield, Mo. A 2003, Black/Light Flint with 59,000 miles. A few tweaks here and there, some fluids and filters, routine maintenance, a set of tires, a LCM, one COP, brake discs and pads. A daily driver that has been through rain, sleet, snow, and so many hand washes and waxes, too numerous to count.

But more than that, three years ago I joined this forum, and learned the ins and outs of this car. The mods, the idiosyncrasies, and all of the "what IS that funny noise"? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Now with 79,XXX, not a lot for three years, it's been a great ride, with the proverbial "smiles per miles". Although I've only met a few other Marauder owners locally, I acknowledge and appreciate the kinship with with my "forum freaks, foes, and friends". What has been a login several times a week, is now a daily habit.

Thanks Bros...:beer:

OZ

Yeah really, place is full of great info!