PDA

View Full Version : Automatic license plate holder

marauder21
11-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Just wondering if anyone has installed this to their marauder.
Think it'll fit? Lol

http://www.hidetheplate.com/

Mr. Man
11-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Been contemplating this myself. Someone did try it and it looked, eh. I think for the MM it may require a little fab work to make it work it's best.

marauder21
11-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Been contemplating this myself. Someone did try it and it looked, eh. I think for the MM it may require a little fab work to make it work it's best.

I'm thinking about this...and I'm thinking it'll take like a long extension of some sort to have the plates reach the front you know..

Ms. Denmark
11-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm thinking about this...and I'm thinking it'll take like a long extension of some sort to have the plates reach the front you know..Let us know how it works for you. I am very interested!

marauder21
11-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Let us know how it works for you. I am very interested!

Yeah I want something that wont cause me to drill the bumper..so for now I guess imma go with this:

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=mI2ge1C1SPQ

http://www.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=mI2ge1C1SPQ

but I want to try this automatic license plate. I think it be a neat mod. Gotta figure out how I could set it up before I purchase it however. Lol

MCAT
11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
I have one on my car, they are very fragile, I am on my second one, and the cable has snapped.

guspech750
11-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Just leave off the front plate. I personally have never had a problem with my current DD pickup truck and my Camaro SS & Beretta GTZ that I used to own. I did not have a front plate on either of them. Never pulled over. But I always keep the front plate in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Chi Stallion
11-24-2012, 01:09 PM
I think its a big waist of time. When I had my car repainted I had the front bumper holes covered up and painted. Now you can barely tell that there were holes their. It sucks in most states that you gota have a front plate. I think it takes the balls away from the car having a front plate. IT JUST LOOKS SO DAMNN UGLY ON A CAR LIKE THIS. If your a garage queen I wouldnt hesitate to do it.

If the local cops pull me over il tell em LOOK MAN MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS il do whatever I want to my car with a serious look, and I have done it in the past and it worked everytime. Ima con artist when it comes to the MM. Just like having 5% tints. I dont care about the law I care more about my privacy. If your a local thirsty cop and you wanna write me a ticket il tell em go head be my guest I dont care. I HATE COPS/PETTY COPS. I think they do more bad then good but thats a whole another story.

Moral of the story is dont be scared to do whatever you want to your car. You only live once. Keep Marauderin

marauder21
11-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I think its a big waist of time. When I had my car repainted I had the front bumper holes covered up and painted. Now you can barely tell that there were holes their. It sucks in most states that you gota have a front plate. I think it takes the balls away from the car having a front plate. IT JUST LOOKS SO DAMNN UGLY ON A CAR LIKE THIS. If your a garage queen I wouldnt hesitate to do it.

If the local cops pull me over il tell em LOOK MAN MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS il do whatever I want to my car with a serious look, and I have done it in the past and it worked everytime. Ima con artist when it comes to the MM. Just like having 5% tints. I dont care about the law I care more about my privacy. If your a local thirsty cop and you wanna write me a ticket il tell em go head be my guest I dont care. I HATE COPS/PETTY COPS. I think they do more bad then good but thats a whole another story.

Moral of the story is dont be scared to do whatever you want to your car. You only live once. Keep Marauderin

So You live in Chicago, and I haven't met you yet?? -___- lol f it you got such a good point. But bro you and I both know Chicago police can be Aholes :mad: lol I take the Car to Chicago practically every weekend..and I live by berwyn and THOSE cops can be such vergas. (<=== Spanish word warning lol)

And Joe so you don't carry license plates in the front either??

ajdereicup
11-24-2012, 04:30 PM
x3 on leaving the plate off. They look a lot meaner without front plates. I don't have a front plate anymore but have the mount and did some "custom" work with it. Put on the letters freehand so they're not on perfect but its kinda nice

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/951710/fullsize/photo10261520.jpg
Like I said not perfect but ehhh and at least its not a regular license plate. Haven't been bothered for it yet and had it on for a month now

ajdereicup
11-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Lol and in Joes signature picture is shows his plate on the front still

marauder21
11-24-2012, 05:08 PM
x3 on leaving the plate off. They look a lot meaner without front plates. I don't have a front plate anymore but have the mount and did some "custom" work with it. Put on the letters freehand so they're not on perfect but its kinda nice

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/951710/fullsize/photo10261520.jpg
Like I said not perfect but ehhh and at least its not a regular license plate. Haven't been bothered for it yet and had it on for a month now

Yeah now im Really convinced I should just leave bumper as is...lol screw the plates the cars going into storage as soon as snow.hits the grown...maybe ;)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Ms. Denmark
11-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Neither of us has a front plate (Eric's came that way from PA and I had mine taken off and holes filled), but they are required in our state, so we drive around with the plate in the window. I'd rather have the hide-the-plate to use just while drivng (until I cross a border) and I don't care too much about how it looks as I won't need to use it too much.

marauder21
11-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Neither of us has a front plate (Eric's came that way from PA and I had mine taken off and holes filled), but they are required in our state, so we drive around with the plate in the window. I'd rather have the hide-the-plate to use just while drivng (until I cross a border) and I don't care too much about how it looks as I won't need to use it too much.

Yeah I Just thought of getting the hideaplate simply because it'll make me feel like James bond or something lol but naw hopefully these Chicago cops won't make such a big deal and if They do let's see if I can come up with some good excuses lol

MyO4Rawdur
11-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Officer im on my way to your wifes house I didnt have time to put it on... thats why youre having a son by the way.... see if that excuse works and let me know.

guspech750
11-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah. My MM still has the front plates. But my current dd F-250 does not have a front plate. When I owned my Beretta GTZ that was a dd and my Camaro SS that was a garage queen, neither had a front plate. I never had a problem and never pulled over.

Someday I'll have the front bumper license plate holes fixed on the MM.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

MMcactusflower
11-25-2012, 07:33 AM
I have long believed that most if not all automobiles would look so much better without a front plate...as we all know, the mounting points most times are just brackets of some kind screwed into the rubber (or whatever) bumpers...cheap and ugly.
But having said that...here in Texas, we are lawfully required to display one...and several friends have gotten tickets for not doing so.
I wish that auto designers would always consider that a front plate might be required and that cops in certain areas are darn serious about seeing one there...so why not create a well-designed space for one...rather than a cheap afterthought someplace in the front that really mucks up the front end styling.
That way...we could always display a custom or individual styled plate in front if our state did not require one like the rear one...and the cops did not particularly care.

ajdereicup
11-25-2012, 07:36 AM

My uncle got a ticket while in a state where they don't require front plates because the officer knew in Illinois needs them. Guy must've been having a bad day to stop an outta state car and give him a ticket for something like that.

I got my front just in my trunk just in case they stop me I'll try "I was at a car show and must've forgot to swap it back on"

Ms. Denmark
11-25-2012, 07:40 AM
My uncle got a ticket while in a state where they don't require front plates because the officer knew in Illinois needs them. Guy must've been having a bad day to stop an outta state car and give him a ticket for something like that.

I got my front just in my trunk just in case they stop me I'll try "I was at a car show and must've forgot to swap it back on"
Or if I had the hide-a-plate I'd say "I was at a car show and won Best in Show. Guess I was so excited that I forgot to activate the hide-a-plate!" :D

Bigdogjim
11-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Personally I think it's overblown, if your State requires a front plate put in on, no big deal. Where I live in NJ they will pull you over in a heartbeat! Mine has been off since MV-VIII and I tell you the same Officer has stopped me 4X's and told each time "last time I am going to tell you sir put the plate on or move to another State" :lol:

Guess I don't hear so well:)

Ms. Denmark
11-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Personally I think it's overblown, if your State requires a front plate put in on, no big deal. Where I live in NJ they will pull you over in a heartbeat! Mine has been off since MV-VIII and I tell you the same Officer has stopped me 4X's and told each time "last time I am going to tell you sir put the plate on or move to another State" :lol:

Guess I don't hear so well:)Jim, the car is hideous (JMHO:eek:) with a front plate and I will never redrill my front bumper so the hide-a-plate idea is my best option and could be for you, too.

marauder21
11-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Lol ^^^
Well Joe I know a good bodyshop who might fill in the holes for ya....no pun intended lmao.
And see the thing about plates at front, what's the point? I highly doubt the police use more the front than the back plates.
But yeah if I have money Laying around ill probably go wit the hideaplate Just cause it seems cool..for now "my car was involved in an accident and I the front plates are tu ugly to display!! :p" lol

Bigdogjim
11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Jim, the car is hideous (JMHO:eek:) with a front plate and I will never redrill my front bumper so the hide-a-plate idea is my best option and could be for you, too.

It's life in the Great Garden State Mrs. D:)

Mr. Man
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM

Guess I don't hear so well:)
Start calling him "sonny" :cool:

mrjones
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm almost ready for something like that. Just got stopped again tonight for no front plate. Had the car for almost 9 years, and tonight was the third time I've been stopped for it. Once, the officer was just a dick. Tonight the guy was young. Forget being fresh out of the academy, he looked like he was fresh out of grade school. I thought he was going to pee himself. My 10yo daughter asked we he was talking so fast and sounded so nervous. Second time I got stopped the guy just wanted to look at the car. Still a pita to be stopped though.

Bigdogjim
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I kinda just gave up so to speak with the whole front plate issue. I really get tired of getting pulled over for something that is just plain petty in my book. I have the glass marauder plate on since MV-VIII like I posted before and I had one Officer tell me looks a lot better than the State plate? :)

When the car was re-painted in June of '04 I had the holes filled in and they when I moved across the river from Pa. in Oct of of '07 I had to mount the plate again:mad:

Really don't the local Police have anything better to do then look for a missing front plate?

marauder21
11-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Lets see how my luck goes! So far haven't been pulled over. Lol
Day 3 and still nobody suspects anything :D
I seriously don't see a point on why there should be front plates displayed :sly:

Dj1
11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48E704mB1Vk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3- using tapatalk 2

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Illinois Stateys will go out of their way to check if you have a front plate when pulling you over for the dumbest reasons.

I felt so guilty of ruining a clean front end when I screwed my front plate on back in 2004..the car was bought in Indiana, they don't require them. :bigcry:

Rockettman
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Let's see...
Coppers pull you over; they check your back plate.
Coppers track you in traffic; watching the rear plate.
Validation sticker; rear plate.
(There's probably more...)
So I ask.
WHAT THE HECK DO WE NEED TO GET FRONT PLATES FOR ANYWAY?!?!?

marauder21
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Let's see...
Coppers pull you over; they check your back plate.
Coppers track you in traffic; watching the rear plate.
Validation sticker; rear plate.
(There's probably more...)
So I ask.
WHAT THE HECK DO WE NEED TO GET FRONT PLATES FOR ANYWAY?!?!?

The only reason I can think of is maybe when running a redlight?? Maybe some traffic light?? Who knows really....

Rockettman
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
The only reason I can think of is maybe when running a redlight?? Maybe some traffic light?? Who knows really....

Yup that was another one I missed...takes pictures of the tail of a vehicle though.

VMARAUDER
11-26-2012, 11:51 AM
local can be real funny...had a Mercury custom on my GM and was parked in front of my house...got a ticket while parked for not having plate on the front. Also was ticketed for having tinted plate covers in chicago while parked. I have decided that when I have my DTR repainted I will not display a front plate and I will also retint my windows to whatever is just past legal.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-26-2012, 12:08 PM
The simple reason is that it's an easy way to generate revenue, screwing people with no front plate tickets.

marauder21
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
The simple reason is that it's an easy way to generate revenue, screwing people with no front plate tickets.

Seriously its pretty much pointless!! just like those stupid license plate stickers...just making excuses to make us waste money:mad2:

marauder21
11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48E704mB1Vk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3- using tapatalk 2

just saw this..dam so IT IS possible to put the hideaplate..lol hhmmm
well imma just leave my car as is but at the first ticket or warning, im buying the hideaplate :cool4:

STEPS
11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Move to Florida we don't need front plates

ajdereicup
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Now how many of you don't display a city sticker in your front window either?:banana:

guspech750
11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
We don't. North Aurora does not have a foolish sticker for cars.

In Lombard I always bought a sticker for our DD's but never put it on. Always in the glove box. But since my Camaro SS was a garage queen. I never did buy a sticker for that car.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

ajdereicup
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
You lucky bastards. Neither of my cars have them because I don't like how they look even though its subtle and saves me a few bucks to mod my car more. Never been bothered in the times I've been pulled over for it either

marauder21
11-27-2012, 09:09 PM
You lucky bastards. Neither of my cars have them because I don't like how they look even though its subtle and saves me a few bucks to mod my car more. Never been bothered in the times I've been pulled over for it either
With my luck I'd probably get pulled over the first day out without a sticker..lol anyone know how to remove stickers from windshield's tho?

ajdereicup
11-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Lol thats another reason I don't put the stickers on. The family van's whole side of the windshield is full of stickers because there a PITA to get off. I'd try a hair dryer and plastic scraper. Maybe a razor blade if the windows just plain there no dots or anything. Its what I use to get paint of windows

Bigdogjim
11-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Turtle Wax make a spray call lable remover, it works real good, I have used to remove the residue from window tint.

fastblackmerc
11-28-2012, 04:45 AM
With my luck I'd probably get pulled over the first day out without a sticker..lol anyone know how to remove stickers from windshield's tho?

Scraper & rubbing alcohol.

Shaijack
11-28-2012, 08:29 AM
We could be like James Bond 007. Put a rotating plate holder on our Marauders and get the paint spray attachments for the front. When chased by LEO just change the color of the Marauder.
We only have rear plates in Louisiana. Inspections are every two years.
One day I will put the plates on my cars. I usually have custom ones and have never been stopped.

capt512
11-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Not making a sales thread here, but if anyone does decide they want one of these automatic plate holders, I have one new in box that I am willing to part with.

marauder21
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Not making a sales thread here, but if anyone does decide they want one of these automatic plate holders, I have one new in box that I am willing to part with.

Price?? :confused:

capt512
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
100 shipped, obo.