PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Food Preppers

ctrlraven
11-27-2012, 04:13 PM
If there is anyone on here, have you used Wise Food Storage before?

http://wisefoodstorage.com/

Vortech347
11-28-2012, 08:21 AM
My friend works for their company and left us a few food samples. Not to shaby.

DOOM
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Getting ready for DOOMSDAY birdman?

ctrlraven
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Getting ready for DOOMSDAY birdman?

I am just preparing myself for whatever may happen. Heading to the gun shop tomorrow to look at a few pistols.

Haggis
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I am just preparing myself for whatever may happen. Heading to the gun shop tomorrow to look at a few pistols.

Which one you headed to and what time?

ctrlraven
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
The Gun Rack Ltd in Burtonsville, MD. They are a CZ dealer, the one pistol I want will have to be ordered and I might go ahead and pick up a CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm for right now.

CBT
11-28-2012, 12:06 PM

None of your business, you gonna steal his food stash while he's out? You're not Team Prison material, you're Team Governor.....

DOOM
11-28-2012, 12:20 PM
None of your business, you gonna steal his food stash while he's out? You're not Team Prison material, you're Team Governor.....

LMAO!!! :rofl:

Go get em Rick! :lol:

ctrlraven
11-28-2012, 12:21 PM

Haggis would be one person I would probably try to hook up with if shyt hit the fan.

DOOM
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Haggis would be one person I would probably try to hook up with if shyt hit the fan.

He would kill you with BLACK DEATH! :puke:

Bigdogjim
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
He would kill you with BLACK DEATH! :puke:

What a way to go :lol:

Haggis
11-29-2012, 05:58 AM
The Gun Rack Ltd in Burtonsville, MD. They are a CZ dealer, the one pistol I want will have to be ordered and I might go ahead and pick up a CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm for right now.
That is the one I am looking at, but I would go with .40

Darn tootin cowboy.

Smart man. Bunker is almost done, just need final check on the climate controls and air handler unit.

ctrlraven
11-29-2012, 08:29 AM
That is the one I am looking at, but I would go with .40

Darn tootin cowboy.

Smart man. Bunker is almost done, just need final check on the climate controls and air handler unit.

I've heard too many issues with the .40 barrel slide rail. Cz puts a coating on the rail that has a rough texture to it and every blue moon it will jam. Have to sand and steel wool it off or get the 9mm which has zero issues like that.

Should of kept the bunker on the DL now CBT will try and make his way up here. lol

rayjay
11-29-2012, 08:30 AM
As for the original topic, yes they make good stuff. I have enough for a month in my BOB.

Ozark Marauder
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
If there is anyone on here, have you used Wise Food Storage before?

http://wisefoodstorage.com/

I've looked into the food storage websites, was a lot of money to shell out at one time. I just decided every time I go to Walmart, I go to the camping section and pick up a Mountain Home Freeze dried meal.

They have 2.5 servings per pack, they have breakfast and dinner selections. IIRC they are about 6 or 7 bucks a piece, something I can afford to do. They have a "best if used by date" of about six years. Use them when I go backpacking, camping, and eat one once or twice a month, instead of cooking. taste good, easy to prepare. Got a pretty good stash of these.

I also keep 20 gallons of Mountain valley water on hand, in 5 gallon glass bottles.

OZ