PDA

View Full Version : New Neighbor's Impala

Petrograde
02-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Can you say 'BLING'? :rolleyes: They just moved in yesterday, I haven't talked to him yet. He was checkin' out my ride yesterday while I was painting the brakes.

I just gotta know how much he spent on that paint job! I know what my next mod will be!!!! I got that "big 'ol bag of blue pearl" beat! :lol: :lol:

Tom

Silver_04
02-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Wow-did he take the engine out just before you took the pic?

CRUZTAKER
02-29-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey...wait a minute...isn't that a caprice? As far as the stance, he either put big block springs in the front (common mistake), or he's got some biachen kicker box with 4 - 20" subs in the trunk!

Can you say THUMP!:P

BlackHole
02-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Or he switched the whole thing around and put the engine in the trunk. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Long Live #3
02-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey...wait a minute...isn't that a caprice? As far as the stance, he either put big block springs in the front (common mistake), or he's got some biachen kicker box with 4 - 20" subs in the trunk!

The Impala's and the Caprice's were built on the same body and chassis. As for the shocks, I think those are hydrolics.

Petrograde
02-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Caprice,... Implala,... I wasn't sure. I thought I saw an Impala logo on the side. I noticed how low it was sitting,.. perhaps there are some dead bodies in the trunk. Although you might be right Barry,.. It's got a kickin' system in it. He doesn't crank it up until the next block though,.. :up:

The exhaust is loud,.. I haven't figuered out if it's headers or an exhaust leak..

hehe,... as I was typing this another Caprice, and 2 GM's have pulled into the drive.

Looks like the beginning of a local Big Body Shootout! :lol:

Tom

Haggis
02-29-2004, 09:52 AM
,... as I was typing this another Caprice, and 2 GM's have pulled into the drive.

Tom

Looks like your going to need some reinforcements. :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Silver_04
02-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Nice neighborhood. Everyone here has wrong wheeled drive stuff and my car scares the neighborhood children. I need to move.

jgc61sr2002
02-29-2004, 11:30 AM

Barry - Looks like a Caprice to me also.

01 Interceptor
02-29-2004, 12:01 PM
It is a Caprice! (A '95 or '96 to be exact.) It appears that he did add the Deer logo on the C pillar, but he has no spoiler, chrome door handles, a bow-tie trunk emblem, no power antenna, and more chrome trim(other than window trim.) Also, he probably has airbags...as hydraulics are not common on the b-body cars with huge wheels.

woaface
02-29-2004, 01:08 PM
::cough:: ghetto...

Long Live #3
02-29-2004, 01:21 PM
It is a Caprice! (A '95 or '96 to be exact.) It appears that he did add the Deer logo on the C pillar, but he has no spoiler, chrome door handles, a bow-tie trunk emblem, no power antenna, and more chrome trim(other than window trim.) Also, he probably has airbags...as hydraulics are not common on the b-body cars with huge wheels.
I never would've thought of that.

Marauderman
02-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Caprice,... Implala,... I wasn't sure. I thought I saw an Impala logo on the side. I noticed how low it was sitting,.. perhaps there are some dead bodies in the trunk. Although you might be right Barry,.. It's got a kickin' system in it. He doesn't crank it up until the next block though,.. :up:

The exhaust is loud,.. I haven't figuered out if it's headers or an exhaust leak..

hehe,... as I was typing this another Caprice, and 2 GM's have pulled into the drive.

Tom
Well..it's been several hours....did you get pics of his "friends" for us to look at---well...did ya!!!

Krytin
02-29-2004, 01:48 PM
::cough:: ghetto...

What you said!

89VERT
02-29-2004, 02:34 PM
That car's a hurtin' unit .I'm thinking that the owner has some sort of a problem with having his car sitting in the conventional(level ) fashion.

I wonder if he 's aware that it looks less than attractive and probably handles like a half-ton pickup with a two ton cargo or like a 60's vintage
Chris Craft.Just my opinion.....

uwsacf
02-29-2004, 03:55 PM
its a Caprice - I wonder if it even has an LT-1

Probably an L99 305...

Sure is ugly...

01 Interceptor
02-29-2004, 05:12 PM
its a Caprice - I wonder if it even has an LT-1

Probably an L99 305...

Sure is ugly...

Agreed, but it does have duals...

marauder307
02-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Paging SupaFly...SupaFly, ya hooptie's ready.
:pimp:

Hey Petro...ask what the hourly rates are for his ho's....! :rolleyes:

Petrograde
02-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Well..it's been several hours....did you get pics of his "friends" for us to look at---well...did ya!!!

no,... they all left. The other Caprice was 'normal' so were the 2 Grand Marquis'.

I'll try to get more info this week.

Tom

THE_INTERCEPTOR
03-01-2004, 07:50 AM
I think it is an Impala impersonator, and from what I've heard, a "flippin" paint job, called that because it "flips" colors, costs anywere from $3K-$5k.

Oh, and those 20's are UGLY as shyt. That car had potential, as I love the bubble chevy's and Impalas. But the rims and the paint job totally jacked it up. Now that same car in a black, candy green or a dark blue, with some better looking rims, would be nice. :)

jfclancy
03-01-2004, 12:34 PM

Tom[/QUOTE]

No Worries Your back is covered :banana: :beer: of Course Watauga is a
"bit of a HIKE"

Joe Clancy :beer: :banana:

RCSignals
03-01-2004, 02:27 PM
it's a tail dragger. Popular in the '50s

But not only does it look like the front end id higher than the rear, it almost appears as the front wheels are bigger than the rear

TAF
03-01-2004, 02:31 PM
it's a tail dragger. Popular in the '50s

But not only does it look like the front end id higher than the rear, it almost appears as the front wheels are bigger than the rear
I think that's just an optical illusion...like Marty sending me a PM telling me he had Bob White make a decal for the mirror he apparently has over his bed...

"OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LARGER THAN THEY APPEAR...HONEST"

STLThunder
03-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Can you say 'BLING'? :rolleyes: They just moved in yesterday, I haven't talked to him yet. He was checkin' out my ride yesterday while I was painting the brakes.

I just gotta know how much he spent on that paint job! I know what my next mod will be!!!! I got that "big 'ol bag of blue pearl" beat! :lol: :lol:

Tom

Dare I say "PIMP MOBILE"? :pimp:

Paul T. Casey
03-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Hey, quitcher flamin' guys, I bet the owner thinks it's cool, and in reality, isn't that what hot roddin' is all about? 20 years ago I would have never though a sedan was cool, now, one in particular rules! Not my style, this Imprice or Capala or whatever, but it's his. :nono:

Silver_04
03-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Are they filming another Girls Gone Wild?

Petrograde
03-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Are they filming another Girls Gone Wild?

:lol: if they are I'll post pics!

I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, our work schedules don't jive. He's an Army dude,... actually,.. I think I'm the only 'civvie' on the street!

I heard his car leaving just after I got home,... the more I hear it, the more it sounds like headers. Good tone,... but a bit loud.

as far as the rims and paint,... not my style. But,.. to each his own.

Tom

CRUZTAKER
03-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Umm, Tom...you do have a tripod handy...yes?

Petrograde
03-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Umm, Tom...you do have a tripod handy...yes?

:lol: I fired expert dude! I don't need no stinking tripod! hmmm,... but,.. I might need a sandbag. I'm a creature of habit! lol

Tom