PDA

View Full Version : Car for sale ad pet peeves.

Vortech347
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
#1. Wash the damn thing, and don't take the pictures right after you've washed it with a wet drive way and hose in the photo.

#2. When taking photos of the interior CLEAN THE DAMN THING FIRST. Like a vacuum. You know, the device that sucks all the crumbs and dirt off the floor? It boggles my mind how much I see this.

#3. When you list mods, spell them right. Nothing says you don't have a clue what you've actually done to the car when you can't spell it correctly or understand what it is. (I love it when people say their Ford 8.8 has 4.11 gears.)

#4. It doesn't matter how much you have "Invested". A car is not an investment unless its a pristine factory kept old school GT500 or car with significant historic value. A home is an investment, a IRA, a CD, savings account, ect. 99% of cars on the road are disposable income, not investments.

#4b. Regular maintenance does not increase the value of the car. If you put new tires and brakes on it doesn't mean you get an extra dollar for dollar return. While yes, it does help sell the car in good condition, its not a $ for $ addition.

#5. Don't use a digital camera from 1992 or a cell phone camera from the same era. Technology has progressed so that you can take a photo beyond 640x480.

#5b. Using 3 photo's from that museum piece of equipment.

Anyone else have some classified ad peeves?

Edit, one last thing. SELL, SALE, SAIL, Learn the differences ya morons. Something is not "for sell"

Shaijack
12-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Wow someone peed in you wheaties today. But you are right.

Spectragod
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Over maintained is my favorite, last one of those I bought, it cost me 3k in parts to unfu@* it's prior maintenance schedule.

blackhueys
12-02-2012, 02:51 AM
when they list a car for oh say 15,000 or more but have no pictures at all. I see it all the time on craigslist. really? I kinda would like to see what I am getting for my money thank you.

WhatsUpDOHC
12-02-2012, 03:24 AM
The only car ads that piss me off are for the cars that I can't buy.

SC Cheesehead
12-02-2012, 04:10 AM
How about, "Immacuate condition, only one small dent, driver's side door, and a minor scratch in rear bumper cover, only noticeable close up..."

Immaculate. Right. :rolleyes:

MOTOWN
12-02-2012, 05:04 AM
With all the "Bashing" on this site from people who know full well they are not going to buy anything i wouldnt waste my time listing a car here for sale.

Bigdogjim
12-02-2012, 06:23 AM
With all the "Bashing" on this site from people who know full well they are not going to buy anything i wouldnt waste my time listing a car here for sale.
This hit's the nail right on the head!! It really a tuff group here.

Love you guys but you need to back off some days:P

SC Cheesehead
12-02-2012, 06:44 AM
This hit's the nail right on the head!! It really a tuff group here.

Love you guys but you need to back off some days:P

Was this about a specific vehicle here on the board? I thought it was a general "rant" post; if not, my bad! I wasn't trying to take shots at anyone here, rather, was referring to some craigslist and ebay postings I've seen over the years... :o

Shaijack
12-02-2012, 07:44 AM
I am with you Rex. I have to control myself sometimes. Paroll officer tells me that all the time. (wife) I try not to bash people's toys or cars.
I am with you too Darren, small dent means crushed in side. I never learned how to load pictures here so I don't sell anything. I buy things. Rex I go you the Batmobile, delivery Christmas morning. Darren I got you pastries. You want pictures of them?

captain
12-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Both parties are too haughty. How about buyers showing up with a cashiers check. ??? Proof that they are.... ready, willling, and able.??? How many times does a buyer showup criticize, drive it around, and say... "I will get back to you"?? How about driving 3 hours to look at a Marauder the seller won't let you touch?? Much less drive.!!! Some people.!

Ms. Denmark
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM

justbob
12-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Price and pics. If I have to ask, that doesn't mean I can't afford it. Fact is if I have to ask, I have already walked and am completely uninterested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortech347
12-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Btw I target no particular person with this thread. I'm in sales and seeing ads like this piss me off to no end. However if you are guilty of such things take it as constructive criticism to get you more money and a faster sale in your next listed item anywhere.

Vortech347
12-02-2012, 12:55 PM

I have seen several EXCELLENT ads on here. Its funny because they don't stay posted long because the cars get sold! Its the horrible ones that keep staying at the top.

whitey
12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
i like the ads that say "sporty" in the description of a dodge shadow, toyota corolla, etc.

Vortech347
12-02-2012, 01:56 PM
i like the ads that say "sporty" in the description of a dodge shadow, toyota corolla, etc.

Low miles!! 105k. :flamer:

ajdereicup
12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
What about the ads that are too lazy to type out what they did to the car? And abbreviations. Your trying to sell a car its not the time to be lazy and say call me for details when all you said was 1995 Civic low miles nice condition.

MyBlackBeasts
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
On a different tangent, I don't have any issues with private classifides as allowances are made for the DIY person. My issue is with the pros... People who are PAID to list cars and are dumb as a pile of rocks.

I spent 6 months searching for a p/u with a manual trans and 25% of the dealer ads that listed "manual trans" when looking at the pics showed an automatic trans!!!
Hi, I'm a sales person whose job it is to sell this vehicle and this is how I earn a living but I'm too lazy to post pictures (OR MORE THAN 1) of the item I'm selling!!!
I'm so lazy all I'll do is copy & paste info about the vehicle from the original sales literature, most info no buyer realy cares about but won't bother to type any actual description that includes any of the info a buyer is looking for...
etc.
I now return you to our regularly scheduled thread... :shake:

Piece-it Pete
12-03-2012, 10:31 AM
RUNS GRATE JUST NEEDS TRANSMISIION AC WOKS NEEDS CARGED

Pete

Vortech347
12-03-2012, 10:33 AM
RUNS GRATE JUST NEEDS TRANSMISIION AC WOKS NEEDS CARGED

Pete

TRUE THAT! haha

Mac-MerC