PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Qatar

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Here are a few photos taken last weekend while I was out with some friends doing some sightseeing.

We did a little desert cruisng, and believe it or not, found a salt marsh with a grove of mangroves.

Also went to an old Qatari fort up on the northern tip of Qatar, and on the way back, stopped at the "Myrtle Beach" of Qatar... ;)

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 01:00 AM
Having issues with file uploads will try again later.

Shaijack
12-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Sightseeing I thought you said Strip Teasing.

fastblackmerc
12-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Sightseeing I thought you said Strip Teasing.

:rolleyes: Yeah Baby! Take that burka off!

Haggis
12-07-2012, 05:49 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah Baby! Take that burka off!

Oh No!!! My Eyes!!! Put it back on.....P.L.E.A.S.E!!!!!!

martyo
12-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Thread fail.

Bigdogjim
12-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Sand in the camera?

Too rough to take pictures when riding camel:lol:

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Here you go: desert and marsh pics

Mr. Man
12-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Rex TV is experiencing a "senior moment" please allow him to reorganise his thoughts. Thank you that is all..............:D

Haggis
12-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Your looking thinner Rex, must be that new Qatar Diet your on.

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Al Zubarah fort in northern Qatar

Mr. Man
12-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Still looks like Barstow.............:D

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Harbor area of Al Kohr, the bay opens up into the Persian Gulf. The wire baskets are fish traps used by the locals for commercial fishing. The boats tied up to the piers are party barges that the Qataris use for weekend getaways on the water.

Baaad GN
12-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Rex I hope your behaving over there, don't want to see you on CNN!!!!!! But it look's pretty safe.

Cheeseheadbob
12-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Rex, I have heard about 50 different pronunciations for the country you are currently in. The fashionable way to pronounce it these days is, "Cutter" (phonetic pronunciation only) What say you?

rayjay
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Yep thats a pile of sand alright.

IwantmyMMnow!
12-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Rex, I have heard about 50 different pronunciations for the country you are currently in. The fashionable way to pronounce it these days is, "Cutter" (phonetic pronunciation only) What say you?

I pronounced it "unmercifully hot and humid" on my way to Iraq and "gateway to home" on my way out....

I've heard many versions...I've always pronounced it 'Ka ter'.

Vortex
12-07-2012, 01:04 PM
I ran security for their Prime Minister once during the UN General Assembly in NYC; actually pretty good folks. Have good trip there Rex!

WhatsUpDOHC
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Remember Sam Kinneson?

It's sand! You know what its gonna be in 100 years?!?!

SAND!

loud2004marquis
12-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Rex, what brings you over to that side of the world?

MOTOWN
12-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I want to see rex in a Turban with those suspenders! Lol be careful over there bud

sailsmen
12-07-2012, 05:12 PM
The Nation of Qatar was very generous after Katrina in our area and set up a program of grants for worthy uses. They gave away over $100mm.
You were required to send in a proposal, they put in place a strict auditing process to make certain the money was properly spent. And unlike much of the taxpayers dollars it was properly spent.
They paid for a new Red Cross regional HQ. Every time I go there I thank the people of Qatar.:)

pem
12-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Al Zubarah fort in northern Qatar
picture #5 makes me think about my last colonoscopy:bigcry:

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Your looking thinner Rex, must be that new Qatar Diet your on.

If you only knew.... http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/images/smilies/_diarrhea_.gif

And to top it off, a lot of restrooms over here don't have toilet paper, you gotta use these little hose sprayer things like the ones on the...ah, never mind...:shake:

Rex I hope your behaving over there, don't want to see you on CNN!!!!!! But it look's pretty safe.

Just about any place but the road is safe. I can see why alcohol is banned over here; would hate to see a Qatari driver under the influence given the way they drive sober.... :drive:

I go with the South African pronounciation: KATar. I also hear alot of people pronounce it gutAR, so there's still a lot of variance.

Rex, what brings you over to that side of the world?

I'm doing a Labor Activity Analysis at two project sites for a JV company with my employer. Two weeks at one site, then transition to the second site and repeat. I did LAAs at both sites last year, and apparently they were very impressed with the findings and requested I return for follow up assessment this year.

Just goes to show you, no good deed goes unpunished....:(

IwantmyMMnow!
12-07-2012, 11:11 PM
picture #5 makes me think about my last colonoscopy:bigcry:

That's funny....I haven't had the 'honor' of having one of those yet, but I was kinda thinking the same thing about that picture...:lol::hide:

SC Cheesehead
12-07-2012, 11:14 PM
That's funny....I haven't had the 'honor' of having one of those yet, but I was kinda thinking the same thing about that picture...:lol::hide:

Just you wait, bubba, not quite a life-changing experience, but durn close...

IwantmyMMnow!
12-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Just you wait, bubba, not quite a life-changing experience, but durn close...

AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEeee ee!!!! :bigcry:

It'll probably be like the time I.....oops.....thinking out loud again....I need to go to bed....

BlackJack
12-08-2012, 04:53 AM
I spent my R&R at an Air Force base in Qatar in Sept '08 while doing a tour in Iraq. I always heard the country's name pronounced Kuh-tar. Anyhoo my remembrance was of all the heat of Iraq plus humidity. Thermometer was at 119 degrees plus when I was there. I also remember a very high speed car ride to the hospital there. I like the comment that it looks like Barstow. It all looked like that over there. I wished I could have done my R&R in Germany.

fastblackmerc
12-08-2012, 08:42 AM
"If you only knew....

And to top it off, a lot of restrooms over here don't have toilet paper, you gotta use these little hose sprayer things like the ones on the...ah, never mind..."

It's called a bidet....

1stMerc
12-08-2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 192&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1354905941 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 192&d=1354905941) Where's the rod & reel and tackle box.

SC Cheesehead
12-08-2012, 10:38 AM
"If you only knew....

And to top it off, a lot of restrooms over here don't have toilet paper, you gotta use these little hose sprayer things like the ones on the...ah, never mind..."

It's called a bidet....

Nope, not a bidet, a bidet would make sense.

It's a little hose sprayer attached to the wall next to the toilet that you're supposed to use while you're sitting on the can. As you might imagine, positioning and directing a sprayer toward that portion of the anatomy without visual assistance can be a bit of a challenge, and water containment is an issue, guess that's where they came up with the name "water closet"... :cool:

SC Cheesehead
12-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Spent the day down on the southern end of Qatar four-wheeling it out in real sand dunes (the ones in the pics posted up earlier are actually more like hard scrabble limestone hills) and checked out the Inland Sea along the Qatar-Saudi Arabian border.

My friend ended up nose diving his SUV into a small cut at the base of a sand dune on the way back, and crunched the radiator. Needless to say, being 15 miles out in the desert without transportation gives one a bit of an uneasy feeling.

Made a couple cell phone calls, arranged to get someone out to tow the vehicle, and in the mean time, a old beat-up Land Cruiser with a couple young Qataris stopped and offered to take us back to the main highway.

Great guys, very hospitable; offered us water and food, then we piled into the Land Cruiser.

The driver proceeds to turn on some Arabic rap music, takes off, and between talking to his buddies, us in the back seat, and/or simultaneously talking on a cell phone or texting on tablet decides to do some dune hopping... :eek:

We finally hit some "smooth" stretches, and he decided to open it up. I closed my eyes shortly after he shifted into fifth gear and the speedo crossed 110 kp/h...

I'll post up pics just as soon as I finish cleaning my shorts and such...:shake:

SC Cheesehead
12-08-2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 192&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1354905941 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 192&d=1354905941) Where's the rod & reel and tackle box.

We actually did see some small fish and a few crabs in the shallows, amazing how much life exists in areas tht you'd think wouldn't support anything alive.

Ms. Denmark
12-08-2012, 10:58 AM

RF Overlord
12-08-2012, 11:04 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 188&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1354905941 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 188&d=1354905941)Really, Rex? A KIA? I thought the Middle East was overrun with CVs and GMs...you couldn't find one of those to rent?

SC Cheesehead
12-08-2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 188&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1354905941 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 188&d=1354905941)Really, Rex? A KIA? I thought the Middle East was overrun with CVs and GMs...you couldn't find one of those to rent?

The vehicle of choice here in Qatar is the Land Cruiser, followed by Porsche Cayenes, and then a bazillion run down Camrys and other such small cars driven by OCNs.

Actually, I have yet to see my first CV or GM, and definitely no Marauders (have seen a couple Ferraris, Lambos, and the occasional Lotus, though).

Mebot
12-08-2012, 11:31 AM
cool pics Recks, thanks for sharing. my sister in law did a tdy in Qatar for 6 months. it's pronounced "cutter"

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

Mr. Man
12-08-2012, 01:29 PM
So it's a spray hose that thousands of other people have had jammed into their bungholes to clean themselves?:eek: Hope you brought lots of steri-wipes :puke:

Note to self if ever in Qatar bring xtra TP :coolman:

Marauderman
12-08-2012, 04:52 PM
What ya'll don't understand is --last year or so he made someone mad at work.....and they sent him there--and those pics he proudly shows......are some like last year......but he came home and pizzed off someone else again ---and upper mgmt. person...--so while Rex tries to show he is having a good time--he actually is saying ---look at what a deductions in pay an time away from family gets you for trying to be right---what we all stop and say ok normally.....:lol: but ........Rex--we still care for him regardless..Carry on....

rayjay
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
What ya'll don't understand is --last year or so he made someone mad at work.....and they sent him there--and those pics he proudly shows......are some like last year......but he came home and pizzed off someone else again ---and upper mgmt. person...--so while Rex tries to show he is having a good time--he actually is saying ---look at what a deductions in pay an time away from family gets you for trying to be right---what we all stop and say ok normally.....:lol: but ........Rex--we still care for him regardless..Carry on....

All this = time to retire... no more cat box assignments.

SC Cheesehead
12-09-2012, 02:09 AM
So it's a spray hose that thousands of other people have had jammed into their bungholes to clean themselves?:eek: Hope you brought lots of steri-wipes :puke:

Note to self if ever in Qatar bring xtra TP :coolman:

Uhhhh, yeah, if you gotta use the hose then that's pretty much the way you gotta do it... :shake:

BTW, I learned you ALWAYS carry a package of Kleenex with you over here...:cool:

rayjay
12-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Uhhhh, yeah, if you gotta use the hose then that's pretty much the way you gotta do it... :shake:

BTW, I learned you ALWAYS carry a package of Kleenex with you over here...:cool:

Note to self, with my colon problems, stay the hell out of Qatar.

SC Cheesehead
12-10-2012, 10:40 AM
"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more..."

rayjay
12-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Nice litter box ya got there.

Haggis
12-10-2012, 11:07 AM

Hey Rex can you pick me up one of those camel crossing signs?

RacerX
12-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Doesn't this dummy know that peeing on mud brick destroys castles???

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/669/PICT0241a.jpg

SC Cheesehead
12-10-2012, 11:19 AM
About an hour south of Doha, we headed off road and took a 15-20 mile trek to the Inland Sea.

Unbelievable! In the middle of all that sand, a pristine salt sea along the Qatari - Saudi Arabian border.

The Qataris will set up camps (literally tent villages) along the shore and vacation there for a weekend or in some cases for weeks.

The rock formations in the background are the Saudi border.

SC Cheesehead
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Came across this on the way back from the Inland Sea.

Somebody rolled their SUV and just left it. Sand dunes are starting to drift in around it, and it's rusting away. Saw other rusted out hulks as well. Apparently the Qataris will just leave them in the desert rather than try and tow them out.

Haggis
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Who's the girl Rex, a tourist you picked up?

Haggis
12-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Came across this on the way back from the Inland Sea.

Somebody rolled their SUV and just left it. Sand dunes are starting to drift in around it, and it's rusting away. Saw other rusted out hulks as well. Apparently the Qataris will just leave them in the desert rather than try and tow them out.

That will buff out.

SC Cheesehead
12-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey Rex can you pick me up one of those camel crossing signs?

Might be easier to find than a Doha HD shirt, stopped by the dealership on the way south last week and the durn place is closed (as in out of business - empty)! :shake:

SC Cheesehead
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Doesn't this dummy know that peeing on mud brick destroys castles???

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/669/PICT0241a.jpg

:rofl: JOCULARITY! :rofl:

Poor guy was prolly looking for a roll of TP...

rayjay
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Any fish in that inland sea? Are those structures on the bluffs on the Saudi side?

Mr. Man
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
You seem to be taking a lot of pics of sand and stuff in sand. Is it taboo to take pics of people and touristy stuff, assuming there is any?

rayjay
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
You seem to be taking a lot of pics of sand and stuff in sand. Is it taboo to take pics of people and touristy stuff, assuming there is any?

Yea how about some pics of all the Cousin ITs running around there.

SC Cheesehead
12-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Who's the girl Rex, a tourist you picked up?

:lol: I wish! That's Heidi, the wife of one of my expat co-workers on the RasGas project. She reminds me of Ms. D; loves cars, bakes some mean cookies, and is a fine little dancer on top of it all... ;)

Any fish in that inland sea? Are those structures on the bluffs on the Saudi side?

Yes, there are fish, and some can get to be a pretty large size. Fom what I was told, those are rock formations over on the Saudi side.

Good reason for that, 95% ov everything over here is sand and stuff in sand... :cool:

All the pics I've posted up ARE of the touristy stuff over here...:P Actually, there are a couple museums I'm going to try and get to, will get some pics of those.

Qataris don't like their pictures taken, especially the women, so other than my mug and maybe another shot or two of Heidi and her husband Rick, that'll be about all you'll see of "people" pics.

1stMerc
12-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Again the big one got away and all i'm left with is a picture. :(

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 236&d=1355163536 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32 236&d=1355163536)

SC Cheesehead
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Again the big one got away and all i'm left with is a picture. :(

:lol: Story of my life... ;)

Here you go: Some pics taken at a staff party the other night. The senior project manager had some folks over to his place for a g-t-g. Nice place, weather was great.

Ladyhawke
12-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Is that Dude in the last picture smoking a Hookah?

Mr. Man
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Either that or it's the rinse hose for the outdoor bathroom :lol:

SC Cheesehead
12-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Yup. They call them sheesha (or something like that) over here, they often use a mild flavored tobacco, actually pretty nice aroma. Others use a strong Turkish tobacco, smells like crap; can only imagine what it tastes like... :puke:

Ladyhawke
12-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Did you get my Burka yet?

SC Cheesehead
12-12-2012, 02:59 AM
Did you get my Burka yet?

Will this work?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSutLszNJA6 HBSXwiyuw7qafOIFEzj18OijvsbEzw Q139s6HumLXG4_nM (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3IJcOEDoYvM/TpSecoIneaI/AAAAAAAAAEI/qAmE4942QU0/s1600/Burka.jpg)

:dunno:

rayjay
12-12-2012, 06:39 AM
Will this work?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSutLszNJA6 HBSXwiyuw7qafOIFEzj18OijvsbEzw Q139s6HumLXG4_nM (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3IJcOEDoYvM/TpSecoIneaI/AAAAAAAAAEI/qAmE4942QU0/s1600/Burka.jpg)

:dunno:

Ah come on he just wants to be "Cousin It" for Halloween next year.

fastblackmerc
12-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Ah come on he just wants to be "Cousin It" for Halloween next year.

I believe that is a female.....

rayjay
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
I believe that is a female.....

I thought it was Cousin IT in short shorts. :D

SC Cheesehead
12-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Took some pics in and around the place where I'm housed. It's called the Ezdan Towers and is located in downtown Doha. I'm on the 20th floor of Tower 4

SC Cheesehead
12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
We took a drive along the Corniche (the harbor area) of Doha on the way to church services yesterday and saw several dhows anchored in the bay. These were traditionally Qatari fishing boats, but many are now used as houseboats for recreational getaways by the Qataris.

Went to the mid-morning Mass at Our Lady of the Holy Rosary church south of Doha. Very impressive, over 1,500 people at the service I attended. Qatar is one of the few (maybe the only) Arab nation that will allow Christian worship.

IwantmyMMnow!
12-14-2012, 11:42 PM
How much longer until you're back home, Rex?

SC Cheesehead
12-15-2012, 12:54 AM
How much longer until you're back home, Rex?

All depends on if I have any issues with an exit permit this time around. If not, I'll be home late afternoon on Dec. 22nd. :beer:

rayjay
12-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Looks nice Rex. A moderate, tolerent Arab state. Now thats refreshing. I didn't believe there was such a thing and their world didn't end either. :rolleyes:

Mr. Man
12-15-2012, 07:25 AM
That's some room. Is that a typical room or did you get an upgraded one? What's something like that go for in US money?

fastblackmerc
12-15-2012, 07:44 AM
That's some room. Is that a typical room or did you get an upgraded one? What's something like that go for in US money?

Looks typical for a suite-type room in the U.S. I stay in alot of them.

IwantmyMMnow!
12-15-2012, 09:59 AM
All depends on if I have any issues with an exit permit this time around. If not, I'll be home late afternoon on Dec. 22nd. :beer:

There are bathrooms in the airport terminal and on the airplane...:lol:

Hope everything goes well and you make it back when you expect to.

SC Cheesehead
12-16-2012, 02:18 AM

No, that's actually the low-end room; they have two bedroom suites that are REALLY nice!

The company's taking care of the lodging bill, but IIRC, the going rate for a monthly rental for a one bedroom efficiency at the Ezdan is around QR 4,000, or $1,100 (that's like $36.00 per day).

Mr. Man
12-16-2012, 02:04 PM
No, that's actually the low-end room; they have two bedroom suites that are REALLY nice!

The company's taking care of the lodging bill, but IIRC, the going rate for a monthly rental for a one bedroom efficiency at the Ezdan is around QR 4,000, or $1,100 (that's like $36.00 per day).
That's better than Red Roof. :lol:

SC Cheesehead
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
That's better than Red Roof. :lol:

Uhhhhh, I found out yesterday that my quoted figure was off by one zero; actual cost is $10,000 QR Riyals per month...about $92 per day, but still not a bad price for the ammenities offered.

SC Cheesehead
12-17-2012, 11:14 PM
BIG doings here in the sand today.

It's Qatar's national holiday, a cross between our 4th of July, New Year's Eve, and Bike Week in Myrtle Beach...;)

I'm told that we'll stay off the roads today because of all the craziness, but we're going to walk to a spot on the Corniche for lunch, and then hang out the rest of the day and evening to watch the locals and then fireworks.

All the buildings are decked out with photos of the Emir and Crown Prince (the Heir Apparent) and HUGE Qatari flags (the flag in the last pic covers 15 stories of one side of the building, and there's another just like it on the other side). Everyone paints up their cars with the Qatari colors, and wears "Emir" or "flag" shirts.

Will take more pics and post them up after the festivities.

Mr. Man
12-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Uhhhhh, I found out yesterday that my quoted figure was off by one zero; actual cost is $10,000 QR Riyals per month...about $92 per day, but still not a bad price for the amenities offered.
OMG:eek: Gas is .17 gal and your room is 92 clams! Me thinks you are getting rooted:poke: by the equivalent of a Qatari obelisk :bigcry:..............:D

SC Cheesehead
12-17-2012, 11:22 PM
OMG:eek: Gas is .17 gal and your room is 92 clams! Me thinks you are getting rooted:poke: by the equivalent of a Qatari obelisk :bigcry:..............:D

Yeah, all that, and you get to live in Paradise...:rolleyes:

rayjay
12-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Had to bring up bike week didn't ya... :rolleyes: I've been told they stay out of where my house is, but the traffic those two weeks is knuts. The Fall bike week wasn't much to speak about, except the really nice bikes.

Mr. Man
12-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Do they have speed limits?

rayjay
12-18-2012, 06:06 PM

For the camels? :P

SC Cheesehead
12-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Had to bring up bike week didn't ya... :rolleyes: I've been told they stay out of where my house is, but the traffic those two weeks is knuts. The Fall bike week wasn't much to speak about, except the really nice bikes.

This was crazier than Bike Week by a long shot, believe me!

Yeah, for National Day it's zero...:shake:

Took over 2 1/2 hours to travel 10 -12 blocks last night to ge back to the Ezdan from the Corniche; I shoulda walked...

How to describe it? Absolute chaos on the streets. Three lane roads with six lanes of traffic, cars were on the median, on the sidewalks, and on the grassy areas next to the sidewalk. People hanging out of sunroofs and out of windows, radios blasting Qatari rap music, locals doing the Qatari version of the Chinese Fire Drill (everybody piles out the their Land Cruiser and does a Gangnam style dance...), cars painted up like flags, decorated with the Emir's image, horns blowing "Marco Polo"....

On the other hand, I saw what was hands down the most impressive fireworks display I can recall in my 60 years on this planet. Even managed to get in a superb meal at the Sheraton and even have a couple beers (at $12.00 each, US, for a pint of Foster's draft) with some good friends. The project manager at the RasGas site is a Fluor expat, and his dad and mom are visiting in Qatar for the holidays. The dad was my first manager when I joined Fluor 14 years ago, so I managed to get a group pic of the guys and gals to commemorate the event.

Definitely will not be an experience I'll soon forget.

rayjay
12-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Wow, I guess those folks are really patriotic!

SC Cheesehead
12-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Wow, I guess those folks are really patriotic!

Definitely. This is THE big holiday of the year for them.

SC Cheesehead
12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey Gordon, found the new Harley dealership in South Doha. Guess what, they where closed...:shake:

Took a couple pics on the way to the airport last night; one of one of the Emir's palaces that we passed by, the other of the Grand Mosque.

Found the last item in the Duty Free area of the airport, but I already had my max allowable carry-ons...:(

Mr. Man
12-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Diggin the shirt Rex :2thumbs:

rayjay
12-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Diggin the shirt Rex :2thumbs:

Yea me too! Except its snowing and blowing pretty bad here. :( Maybe next week in MB :D

Haggis
12-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Hey Gordon, found the new Harley dealership in South Doha. Guess what, they where closed...:shake:

Took a couple pics on the way to the airport last night; one of one of the Emir's palaces that we passed by, the other of the Grand Mosque.

Found the last item in the Duty Free area of the airport, but I already had my max allowable carry-ons...:(

Well, now that you know where it is located...next time. Chris wants to know if you got her burka? And the camel crossing sign?

WhatsUpDOHC
12-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Leather HD burka with fringe.

SC Cheesehead
12-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, now that you know where it is located...next time. Chris wants to know if you got her burka? And the camel crossing sign?

Tried getting to the big Souk yesterday as well, but all the shops were closed down for mid-day prayers, so no luck at the burka store, and couldn't find any camel crossing signs either, sorry...:(

Haggis
12-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Tried getting to the big Souk yesterday as well, but all the shops were closed down for mid-day prayers, so no luck at the burka store, and couldn't find any camel crossing signs either, sorry...:(

Should have just grabbed a sign for the side of the road, you said they were everywhere. I guess Chris will have to wait on the burka, until next x-mas. She was really looking forward to it. :(

SC Cheesehead
12-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Should have just grabbed a sign for the side of the road, you said they were everywhere. I guess Chris will have to wait on the burka, until next x-mas. She was really looking forward to it. :(

I think sign stealing is a capital offense in the Middle East.

Hopefully the new "Burkas R Us" will be open next year and I can find something...;)

http://allhatnocattle.net/burqa.jpg

Haggis
12-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I think sign stealing is a capital offense in the Middle East.

Hopefully the new "Burkas R Us" will be open next year and I can find something...;)

http://allhatnocattle.net/burqa.jpg

So they cut off one of your hands, you still have another one. :dunno:

rayjay
12-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Are you sure the burqa is for Chris? :eek:

Mr. Man
12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Ray it must be, his ugly woud just burn through the material.:D