PDA

View Full Version : Trans Siberian Orchestra

Mike
12-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Trish gave me tickets to this for an early Christmas gift :nworthy: :lovies2: and we went last night! OMG what an AWESOME concert/experience and would highly recommend to all :nworthy::nworthy::nworthy::nw orthy::nworthy::nworthy: The put on one hell of a light show as well and they used different lifts, etc to have some of the performers actually extend up and over the crowd! Trish got us tickets for the 7th row just to the left of the stage :sing: Anybody else get a chance to experience Trans Siberian Orchestra?

NavySeabee
12-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Yes! A couple of years ago at the Providence Performing Arts Center. 2nd row, center. OUTSTANDING performance!

Shaijack
12-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Way to go Mike. She is a keeper. Where were my tickets?

guspech750
12-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Hmmmm. Now I may have to see this.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Davesvt2000
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Seen them 3 times, defiantely worth seeing !!!!!!!!!!!

jerrym3
12-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes, but only via CD.

Amazing group.

My favorite Xmas album.

PonyUP
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't seen them. My girlfriend and really wanted to this year, but we are going to miss them in Chicago as we don't get in until just before Christmas

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

FastMerc
12-09-2012, 08:03 PM
I have seen them 3 times ita a great show... :)

License2Bill
12-09-2012, 09:27 PM
I've seen them 3 times as well. Phenomenal group and they always put on a great show. It's quite the experience.

Granddaddy Marq
12-10-2012, 07:14 AM
I'll go if she'll buy me some tickets too. I really like TSO. Listen to them yesterday on a drive.

Ken
12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Three times as well. Ironically, one time, Mr and Mrs Pantheroc and their group were a few seats down, unplanned, from our group of eight. Small world.

Curless
12-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Saw then about 3-4 years ago...awesome show, would recommend them to anyone! They actually do 3 shows here in Grand Rapids...all of them sell out.

Mike
12-18-2012, 06:15 AM
For those of you that saw them multiple times, are the shows the same or do they change things up?

SAAAAAC
12-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Just throwing it out there... If you like Trans Siberian Orchestra, then you might also want to check out some other great progressive metal bands. Symphony X and Dream Theater are two of the biggest names that come to mind with similar styles as TSO and there are many more. So broaden your horizons and support Progressive Metal. Don't just stick to the Christmas songs, though they do put on a great show. I had the pleasure of attending one of their concerts too.

Mike
12-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Just throwing it out there... If you like Trans Siberian Orchestra, then you might also want to check out some other great progressive metal bands. Symphony X and Dream Theater are two of the biggest names that come to mind with similar styles as TSO and there are many more. So broaden your horizons and support Progressive Metal. Don't just stick to the Christmas songs, though they do put on a great show. I had the pleasure of attending one of their concerts too.

I'll have to YouTube them and check them out........thanks!

jerrym3
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
One of my favorites from this group is "Old City Bar'.

Touching lyrics.

Haven't found a good Yutube rendition. The CD is so much better.

Just the vivid image of a young girl standing by "a broken pay phone" in a snowstorm, trying to get home on Christmas Eve as seen from inside a bar.....

And the bartender, taking money from the cash draw, calling a cab, helping her in the cab, and saying to the driver, "JFK"......

And, coming back inside, somehow a different person........

One of the best "feel good" Christmas songs.