PDA

View Full Version : Illinois CCW!! Woot woot!!

guspech750
12-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Finally. Fk you Quinn, Rahm and Obama!! Do something productive and Go have a threesome now.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73657166/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

justbob
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
What about the state of Chicago? 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Screw that state.

Curless
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Woo Hoo, now I don't have to stop and put my piece in the trunk while I am traveling through!

yjmud
12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=guspech750;1244441]Finally. Fk you Quinn, Rahm and Obama!! Do something productive and Go have a threesome
So who is the conductor of that f'ed up train

guspech750
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM

I believe according to this article. Chicago can kiss our 2nd amendments ass!!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/12/robert-farago/nra-illinois-will-be-a-shall-issue-state/

Sent from my iPhone 4S

justbob
12-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Screw that state.

I like you. 😘

RacerX
12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
24 states right to work now too! ;) IBTL!!! :D

ajdereicup
12-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Very nice. Now to wait till I'm old enough to get a damn FOID card then try and get into the class to be able to carry in public

Bradley G
12-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Like the op has any room left to fit a piece:lol:

justbob
12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
24 states right to work now too! ;) IBTL!!! :D

Boo.

guspech750
12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Hey. Where are all of our 2nd amendment fans.

Hiding are we?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

CWright
12-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Hiding are we?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Not hiding. Just not TRUSTING!

CWright
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Boo.

I am going to choose not to play in this ball game! ;)

Mustang man
12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
They got 180 days to figure out a way around it.

tbone
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM
^^^Yep.
I'll believe it when I'm walking around with my pistol legally.....

Fosters
12-11-2012, 11:37 PM
. .

sailsmen
12-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Ill is still under the Stalinist/Mao/Castro/Hitler/Pol Pot Regime.

The first 3 steps to Tyranny are 1) Divide into Groups, 2) Give some Groups more rights than other and 3) Disarm the Populace.

Ill needs to follow LA;
"Amendment 2: "Strict scrutiny" for gun laws - Approved

The requirement that courts use "strict scrutiny" when evaluating the constitutionality of gun laws passed with about 74.3 percent of the vote. The law codifies in the constitution the standard used by the current U.S. Supreme Court when evaluating gun laws, requiring the most stringent standard be used when determining whether regulations infringe on the right to keep and bear arms.

The amendment also eliminates constitutional language specifically allowing the Legislature to regulate concealed weapons.

Under strict scrutiny, regulations must be narrowly tailored to fit a public purpose and it would be up to the government to prove that regulations were constitutional, rather than requiring opponents of a measure prove that the law violates the constitution.

Supporters argued that the amendment is necessary to protect guns rights since the precedent-setting Supreme Court rulings that established the standard were decided by a 5-4 vote...."
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/11/louisiana_voters_approve_const .html

kernie
12-12-2012, 05:43 AM
OK, i'm leaving now, wallet, keys, reading glasses, gun...

Gun! Gun...

You guys are nuts!

:argue:

Curless
12-12-2012, 06:22 AM

Gun! Gun...

You guys are nuts!

Yes, in that order, everyday of my life.

guspech750
12-12-2012, 06:31 AM

Gun! Gun...

You guys are nuts!

Guns are fun.

It rhymes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

MM2004
12-12-2012, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=guspech750;1244781]Guns are fun.

It rhymes.

"This is my weapon. This is my Gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun."

:D

Mike.

marauder21
12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
:banana::D:bandit::uzi::beer:

Ssswwwweeeeettttttt

sailsmen
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
By Victoria Cavaliere / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-marine-jailed-mexico-antique-gun-article-1.1218358#ixzz2EtIU2upU
An ex-Marine who survived dangerous patrols in Iraq and Afghanistan is now “chained to a bed” in a notorious Mexican prison after a road trip to Costa Rica went terribly wrong, his friends and family say.

A chorus of supporters are calling on the Mexican government to release Jon Hammar, 27, who was jailed in August for carrying an antique shotgun that he believed could be legally registered in Mexico.

Hammar, of Palmetto Bay, Fla., was headed to Costa Rica for a surfing trip to try and recover from post-traumatic stress after four years of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“The only time Hammar is not losing his mind is when he’s on the water,” fellow Marine veteran Ian McDonough, who was arrested with Hammar during the August incident but later released by Mexican authorities, told McClatchy newspapers.

Hammar and McDonough had stocked up a used Winnebago with surfboards and camping supplies and had just crossed the border from Brownsville, Texas into Matamoros, Mexico, where they were detained.

Hammar had registered the shotgun, a Sear & Roebuck model that once belonged to his great-grandfather, with U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials on the U.S. side of the border.

After being told by U.S. agents the shotgun posed no problem and could be reigstered in Mexico, Hammar and McDonough crossed the border, tried to declare the weapon, and found themselves separated and behind bars.

"The crux of it is the length of the barrel," his mother, Olivia Hammar, 46, told Reuters. "There's an old law on the books that says it can't be under 25 inches...It's a 2-foot barrel...It's strictly a technicality."

“It’s a glorified BB gun,” she said.

article_hammar_1212
Handout/Reuters

Jon Hammar, a former U.S. Marine, has been jailed for four months in a case one lawmaker called "outrageous."

McDonough, who has Argentine residency in addition to his U.S. citizenship, was freed a few days after the Aug. 13 arrest and walked back to Brownsville.

But the nightmare was just beginning for Hammar, who on Aug. 20 was charged with carrying a deadly weapon and placed in a prison known as CEDES in Matamoros, a notorious facility heavily populated, and run, by Mexico’s dangerous drug cartels.

His parents have even received late night phone calls saying he would be killed if they failed to make thousands of dollars in payments into a Western Union account.

“He was housed in a wing controlled by the drug cartel,” said Eddie Varon-Levy, a Mexican lawyer hired by the family. He told Reuters the charges in Mexico appear to be an effort to “make an example out of the gringo."

The Embassy of Mexico in Washington D.C. did not immediately respond to a request from the Daily News about Hammar's case or why he wasn't turned back at the border.

After receiving the death and extortion threats, Hammar’s family made frantic calls to U.S. diplomats who were able to get the former Marine temporarily placed in solitary confinement.

In addition to fearing for his physical safety, friends and family are concerned that the extreme stress of the situation is taking its toll mentally.

"He's getting more and more hopeless," said Olivia Hammar.

Hammar, who spent four years in some of the most dangerous parts of Afghanistan and Iraq, had been honorably discharged and sought treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder. He had witnessed the death of a fellow Marine who was killed by a sniper's bullet in Falluja, Iraq, friends said.

Describing Hammar as a gentle and dependable man, fellow Marines were shocked to hear of his latest plight.

“It’s heartbreaking. This is a guy who I served with in numerous combat situations, and he was one of the best we had,” veteran Marine Sgt. James Garcia told McClatchy.

With few answers and their son facing up to 12 years in prison on the gun charge, his family is now calling on U.S. lawmakers to intervene with the Mexican authorities on their son’s behalf.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fla., the chairwoman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the Hammars’ local representative, called the case “outrageous.”

“His family has described a very disturbing situation that includes their son being chained to a bed in a very small cell and receiving calls from fellow inmates threatening his life if they did not send them money,” Ros-Lehtinen said.

“The family wants their son back home, and I will do my best to help them,” she said.

U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla. took to the Senate floor Tuesday to urge the Mexican government to release Hammar immediately.

“The Mexican authorities, if it is against the law to take a gun in, even though he had already declared it at U.S. customs, the Mexican authorities could have … sent him back into the United States and told him, ‘Don’t bring your great-grandfather’s shotgun into Mexico,’” Nelson said.

“They have put a United States Marine, who has honorably served his country, in a Mexican jail since last August. Now, enough is enough,” he said.

vcavaliere@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ex-marine-jailed-mexico-antique-gun-article-1.1218358#ixzz2EtIBoSeL

rayjay
12-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I have to laugh everytime they talk about all the gun violence in Chicago. How can that be? Its a gun free zone, right? All it does is prove the addage that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...

From my cold dead fingers kernie. :beer:

Bradley G
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I have to laugh everytime they talk about all the gun violence in Chicago. How can that be? Its a gun free zone, right? All it does is prove the addage that if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...

From my cold dead fingers kernie. :beer:
At your age you better steer clear :P

Bradley G
12-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Who's worried? :P
^^^Yep.
I'll believe it when I'm walking around with my Pee shooterl legally.....

rayjay
12-12-2012, 09:08 PM
At your age you better steer clear :P

Uhm, I think you'd be surprised at what I was certified to and did teach both inservice and recruit LEOs. I keep my skills up on a regular basis. ;)

Fosters
12-13-2012, 12:02 AM
. .

guspech750
12-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Fooking bullsheet that they are holding one of us in prison when we could and should imprison millions of law breaking illegal aliens.

Totally fooked up!

Sent from my iPhone 4S

sailsmen
12-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Over the past 4 years clients of mine have continued to have problems when doing business with our neighbors to the North and South.
In the past when there was a technical dispute involving the foreign gov't our equivalent Gov't Dept would issue a "Back Off" order. They no longer will, apparently been told not to.
This leaves my clients to try to comply with USA Laws/Regulations and at the same time conflicting Foreign Laws/Regulations.
It is simply harassment of commerce by our neighbors so that the their Cos get the jobs.:mad2:

MM2004
12-13-2012, 08:02 AM
This discussion was directed towards the state of Illinois and their gun laws.

Now, this thread had migrated to not only Federal Government, but our neighboring countries.

Please keep it on track.

Mike.

J-MAN
12-13-2012, 01:08 PM

Hiding are we?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Don't you like surprises? :uzi:

Micahdogg
12-13-2012, 01:55 PM
The writing is on the wall...no one should be surprised that Illinois will go CC. As for 2nd amendment fans...I'm one. It's the law, people should buy guns in the want. I'm not really into them, but have one. It would be nice if I never had to use it.

stevengerard
12-14-2012, 08:21 AM
And to think I thought this was a thread on a Counter Clock-Wise bolt.

rayjay
12-14-2012, 08:39 AM

Hiding are we?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Heee I is. :D Where my northern home is, every household has at least a shotgun, minimum. Heck, I cleaned my 82 yr old neighbor ladie's Remington Model 12 for her earlier this fall. Yep 82 year old woman with a auto loading 12 gauge. My kinda girl. :nworthy: :flag:

Fosters
12-14-2012, 10:01 AM
. .

Spectragod
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Bad news for Illinois residents..................... ......

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-illinois-bill-to-ban-all-modern-firearms/

rayjay
01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
If that goes through, IL residents can kiss their 4th Amendment rights goodbye too. Then whats next? :rolleyes:

cat in the hat
01-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Man, did this take a nasty little 180 in a matter of a few weeks . . .

tbone
01-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Bad news for Illinois residents..................... ......

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/breaking-illinois-bill-to-ban-all-modern-firearms/

No one here will turn in their guns because some nut case liberal dbags say so. Won't happen.

tallpaul
01-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Hiding are we?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

I am right here in plain sight and I am not afraid to stand up for my rights!!

Vortech347
01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I'm not turning over a damn thing. If I ever did own anything that could be deemed illegal it was all lost in a boating accident.

Micahdogg
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Do any of you understand the term "lame duck session?" Or do you just get mad first, then ask questions later. For those who are too busy being mad at "govt" for "taking your guns," consider the new General Assembly starts next week. It would almost be mathmatically impossible to ram legislation through both Chambers and have it signed off by the Governor in a matter of days.

What would be the point of pushing such absurd legislation you ask? For political fodder that can be used in legislative updates to your constituents...for instance, "I supported gun control by voting yes for the nations toughest standards, etc.... blah blah blah."

No one, will ever, ever come take any persons gun who loves their gun so much that they would hold onto it, in the event someone was trying to take their gun. I honestly don't know where the paranoia comes from.

Vortech347
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Do any of you understand the term "lame duck session?" Or do you just get mad first, then ask questions later. For those who are too busy being mad at "govt" for "taking your guns," consider the new General Assembly starts next week. It would almost be mathmatically impossible to ram legislation through both Chambers and have it signed off by the Governor in a matter of days.

What would be the point of pushing such absurd legislation you ask? For political fodder that can be used in legislative updates to your constituents...for instance, "I supported gun control by voting yes for the nations toughest standards, etc.... blah blah blah."

No one, will ever, ever come take any persons gun who loves their gun so much that they would hold onto it, in the event someone was trying to take their gun. I honestly don't know where the paranoia comes from.

The same people that are panic'd buying reloading stuff for PISTOL. I'm so pissed I can't find reloading stuff right now. I've done it as a hobby for the last 10 years. I hate these panic spurts.

rayjay
01-03-2013, 03:18 PM
The same people that are panic'd buying reloading stuff for PISTOL. I'm so pissed I can't find reloading stuff right now. I've done it as a hobby for the last 10 years. I hate these panic spurts.

You just need to plan inadvance, especially today. :cool:

Vortech347
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM
You just need to plan inadvance, especially today. :cool:

With damn near the weight of my MM in my ammo storage I'm prepared which is nice, I can keep shooting through this panic. It just needs to stop so I can start loading again. Its my quiet time activity.

rayjay
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
With damn near the weight of my MM in my ammo storage I'm prepared which is nice, I can keep shooting through this panic. It just needs to stop so I can start loading again. Its my quiet time activity.

Yep, I need to start myself. Moved all my unmentionables with me. :D

guspech750
01-03-2013, 07:06 PM

I am so angry that there are people in office who are supposed to represent us and our freedoms. When a bunch of liberal Democrat whack jobs start coming up with two proposed bills that would make law abiding citizens instant fellons. I have a huge problem with that. Since when did registering our firearms prevent crimes? It doesnt. Its a tool to be used to confiscate legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens.

Once a bill of anything close to these pass. New bills will be introduced over time untill owning any firearm will be illegal. And it wont stop there. It will slowly spread to other states like an incurable case of cancer.

Funny. Yesterday I tried calling both Republican and Democrat Senators to state my opinion on Cullertons bill. Guessed who always answered their phones. The Republicans did and the Dems wouldnt even pick up the phone.

guspech750
01-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Just the fact that many Dems tried to force THEIR agenda through a lame duck session is reason enough for them trying to turn millions of law abiding citizens into instant fellons.

ALWAYS BE LEARY OF THE GOVERNMENT. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THOSE WHO ARE, WE WOULD HAVE A LOT LESS FREEDOMS AND A MORE OVER STEPPING GOVERNMENT THAN WE ALREADY HAVE.

kernie
01-03-2013, 07:37 PM
You guys need a new hobby, ever try lawn darts?

finster101
01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
You guys need a new hobby, ever try lawn darts?

You can't buy them anymore because they are not safe. :cool:

yjmud
01-03-2013, 08:09 PM
I gave up lawn darts I throw tomahawks

kernie
01-03-2013, 08:24 PM
You can't buy them anymore because they are not safe. :cool:

Ha! Come to think of it you are right, lol.

OK, how about croquet?

rayjay
01-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Does anyone know the rep who sponsored this abomination clothes size? So we can get the correct straight jacket for him. :shake:

tbone
01-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I am so angry that there are people in office who are supposed to represent us and our freedoms. When a bunch of liberal Democrat whack jobs start coming up with two proposed bills that would make law abiding citizens instant fellons. I have a huge problem with that. Since when did registering our firearms prevent crimes? It doesnt. Its a tool to be used to confiscate legally owned firearms from law abiding citizens.

Once a bill of anything close to these pass. New bills will be introduced over time untill owning any firearm will be illegal. And it wont stop there. It will slowly spread to other states like an incurable case of cancer.

Funny. Yesterday I tried calling both Republican and Democrat Senators to state my opinion on Cullertons bill. Guessed who always answered their phones. The Republicans did and the Dems wouldnt even pick up the phone.

1000000000% correct.

guspech750
01-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know the rep who sponsored this abomination clothes size? So we can get the correct straight jacket for him. :shake:

Well here is the loser.

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/Senator.asp?MemberID=1423

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Micahdogg
01-04-2013, 08:37 AM

This bill is going nowhere. There is no reason to be mad. This message was brought to you by a loyal bleeding heart democrat. Oh, and this isn't the first time this bill has been proposed.

I just want to know if the liberal whack jobs are the cause of all these problems, why do conservative so often argue, "If this happen, then...." Almost everything I hear anymore from the right wing are people getting mad about what could happen, or what might happen, or what will happen in 2016 (like if they were really that psychic you would think they would have backed better candidates?) It is paranoia plain and simple and I don't know if it stems from boredom or if people just like waking up in the morning blisteringly pissed off.

For instance, the evil doer Barack HUSSEIN Obama was supposed to take everyones guns away starting in 2008. Every gun person I know has even MORE now in 2013. So what did all this...:mad2:accomplish?

cat in the hat
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
This bill is going nowhere. There is no reason to be mad. This message was brought to you by a loyal bleeding heart democrat. Oh, and this isn't the first time this bill has been proposed.

I just want to know if the liberal whack jobs are the cause of all these problems, why do conservative so often argue, "If this happen, then...." Almost everything I hear anymore from the right wing are people getting mad about what could happen, or what might happen, or what will happen in 2016 (like if they were really that psychic you would think they would have backed better candidates?) It is paranoia plain and simple and I don't know if it stems from boredom or if people just like waking up in the morning blisteringly pissed off.

For instance, the evil doer Barack HUSSEIN Obama was supposed to take everyones guns away starting in 2008. Every gun person I know has even MORE now in 2013. So what did all this...:mad2:accomplish?

Here's what it accomplished : If there wasn't a HUGE hue and cry everytime they go after this, they would do it.

guspech750
01-05-2013, 03:38 PM

Sooooooooooooo, you think I still should not be mad? Now they are trying to go through the House this time.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=09700SB28 99ham001&GA=97&SessionId=84&DocTypeId=SB&LegID=63457&DocNum=2899&GAID=11&Session

They will not stop. Just having so called high capcity magazines is going to be a fellony. And law abiding citizens should not be mad?

jabird56
01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
You know you can go take a UTAH CCW "Non-resident" class and get a CCW for when your traveling OUTSIDE that socialistic state of IL.... This would allow you to carry in around 30 other states also.

Spectragod
01-05-2013, 08:34 PM
The reason you NEED semi-autos with large capacity mags.......

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hiding-kids-shoots-intruder/nTm7s/

rayjay
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM

I see this made the national news. NOT

guspech750
01-05-2013, 11:46 PM

That's a great story.

But let's not exploit the good stories. Because guns are evil and bad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

CWright
01-06-2013, 08:51 AM

Saw this today on Atlanta news. My wife is going tomorrow to get her Concealed weapons permit. I've had mine for about 8 years. I never leave home without it or my permit! ;)

I will say.... I hope that we never have an intruder. I don't PLAY!

GAMike
01-06-2013, 11:15 AM
This happened about 13 miles from my house....... Wonder how much money it costs to put this idiot back together, just so he can serve jail time..... Good shootin Momma just the same. Just glad this fool didn't hurt someone before he got his.......

rayjay
01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
This happened about 13 miles from my house....... Wonder how much money it costs to put this idiot back together, just so he can serve jail time..... Good shootin Momma just the same. Just glad this fool didn't hurt someone before he got his.......

If she had a 1911 there would be no puttin back together. Just sayin.

Spectragod
01-06-2013, 03:46 PM

I like my revolvers, so I would have to say, pick any of the 3 calibers and it would have been "game over"..............

http://www.ruger.com/products/superRedhawkAlaskan/models.html

finster101
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Some good info for you IL boys and girls. Plus just a great gun lovers hangout, lot's of knowledge.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?177299-Heads-up-Illinois-members

and the latest

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?177981-Illinois-ban-defeated!

Be vigilant!

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?

rayjay
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
I like my revolvers, so I would have to say, pick any of the 3 calibers and it would have been "game over"..............

http://www.ruger.com/products/superRedhawkAlaskan/models.html

I do too, but a 1911 is a little more controlable for women. Sounds like she used a 38 with RN slugs.

Spectragod
01-06-2013, 04:45 PM
I do too, but a 1911 is a little more controlable for women. Sounds like she used a 38 with RN slugs.

Controllable yes, but you only need to make a hit with 1 round of .454 or .480, and as a bonus, the Ruger's are stainless, not evil "black" like those other guns. :rolleyes:

GAMike
01-06-2013, 04:47 PM

Agreed Ray.... My preferred is Sig Sauer 229 .40.... w/185 grain Hydrashoks...... In like a "quarter" out like a "Pizza".... Hope I never have too, but if need be, will not hesitate.....

Shaijack
01-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Darren I used to have one of those. It was lost when my boat sunk.

Mr. Man
01-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I often wonder when "leaders" like these introduce these kind of polarizing bills what the real objective is. While everyone is focused on the absurdity of it all, what bill is quietly making it's way through the legislature that will really screw us?

rayjay
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
I often wonder when "leaders" like these introduce these kind of polarizing bills what the real objective is. While everyone is focused on the absurdity of it all, what bill is quietly making it's way through the legislature that will really screw us?

Interesting point, the back door for the socoms? 1st the 2nd Amendment, which will in turn force the negation of the 4th Amendment, then where??? Ask the survivors of pre 1945 Germany and Stalinist Russia. They know.
70,000,000 decedants can not speak. The path this country is on scares the bejesus out of me.

CWright
01-06-2013, 06:49 PM

Interesting point, the back door for the socoms? 1st the 2nd Amendment, which will in turn force the negation of the 4th Amendment, then where??? Ask the survivors of pre 1945 Germany and Stalinist Russia. They know.
70,000,000 decedants can not speak. The path this country is on scares the bejesus out of me.

The new battle is going to be the debt ceiling. I believe it will take center stage in the media. While that is taking place we need to keep an on what the slip of the hand is doing. These morons in Washington will try to take rights away without us watching.

My mom used to say you give Satan an inch he'll take a mile. Hey Washington.......:banned:

GAMike
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
The new battle is going to be the debt ceiling. I believe it will take center stage in the media. While that is taking place we need to keep an on what the slip of the hand is doing. These morons in Washington will try to take rights away without us watching.

My mom used to say you give Satan an inch he'll take a mile. Hey Washington.......:banned:

They proved your momma to be a wise lady...... Sandy relief bill anyone???:cool4: Absurd that anything other than the area's affected would be able to lay claim to a dime of that money....... It should be illegal to stretch the scope of the intention of such a bill...........

Mr. Man
01-06-2013, 09:06 PM
They proved your momma to be a wise lady...... Sandy relief bill anyone???:cool4: Absurd that anything other than the area's affected would be able to lay claim to a dime of that money....... It should be illegal to stretch the scope of the intention of such a bill...........
Some have tried but the "One bill, One topic" fell flat. Same w/ line item veto.

Problem is pork is good for somebody but the rest of the Country doesn't really benefit. "Big Dig" ring any bells.

guspech750
01-06-2013, 09:14 PM
I cant believe this is being tried.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/01/congressman-puts-forward-resolution-to-end-term-limits-on-presidency/

PonyUP
01-06-2013, 09:31 PM

Except that the House version of the bill worked on by Christie and King had all of that removed and Boehner still didn't call for a vote.

We only see fit to critique the democrat though on this forum

And those pork projects made up 1.2 billion of a 60 billion bill, 3 projects of which would have actually made money for the areas involved, the Hollywood and NASCAR options.

No one will report that on this site because its completely anti democrat

Democrats aren't the devil, this site just thinks they are

We have survived terrible Presidents before

Bush
Reagan
Carter
Ford
Nixon
Johnson

And the list goes on

The challenge we have now is a congress that has passed the least amount of legislation in 160 years, that's both parties fault

I have no problem critiquing democrats, but I am sick and god damn tired of being blamed, ridiculed and belittled on this F&CKING site for being a Democrat.

Point that same hard finger at Republicans, your highest ranking politician Boehner can't rally any vote, refused to vote on Sandy relief until media pressure was applied and his most effective negotiation tactic is to cry

The politics running wild on this site belittling Democrats is starting to disgust me

WE AREN'T THE ENEMY

Sorry Mike, this isn't aimed at you, just frustration boiling ovet

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

Mr. Man
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
I live in NJ and the delay of the 60 billion is fine with me. The NJ annual bugget is only 30 billion. They just passed a 9 billion dollar emergency bill so as far as I'm concerned Boenher saved the tax payer 51 billion.

Haggis
01-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Except that the House version of the bill worked on by Christie and King had all of that removed and Boehner still didn't call for a vote.

And those pork projects made up 1.2 billion of a 60 billion bill, 3 projects of which would have actually made money for the areas involved, the Hollywood and NASCAR options.

Bush
Reagan
Carter
Ford
Nixon
Johnson

And the list goes on

The challenge we have now is a congress that has passed the least amount of legislation in 160 years, that's both parties fault

I have no problem critiquing democrats, but I am sick and god damn tired of being blamed, ridiculed and belittled on this F&CKING site for being a Democrat.

Point that same hard finger at Republicans, your highest ranking politician Boehner can't rally any vote, refused to vote on Sandy relief until media pressure was applied and his most effective negotiation tactic is to cry

The politics running wild on this site belittling Democrats is starting to disgust me

WE AREN'T THE ENEMY

Need to add,

Clinton
Kennedy
Eisenhower
Hoover
FDR

to your list.

Oh yea Obamnuts too.

GAMike
01-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Oh I agree Brad..... Thats why I did not single out a party here...... To me its the major failing of our political system in America. Its exposure neither party desires the commoners to know anything about..... They always pass it off as "the drudgery of politics" " you don't want to hear/learn about all this boring stuff".... Nothing to see here..... Move along..... When really this is the very essense of what concerned voters want to see/learn about.

On One hand you have the media spewing truths, missinformation/propoganda and supporting whatever narrative they desire.... The other is, they have exposed to a degree how Washington D.C. works to a whole segment of people who had no clue/thought they did and realize now that they were snowballed...... Government is changing... It is up to the people to compell government to change in ways acceptable to them. Not an Obama fan, but this will be his legacy..... Now if One dissagrees with Obama, how does one amplify One's voice over the din of the mainstream media/Obama administration propoganda machine......

Thats the real question... No Republican has ever enjoyed the broad, consistent support of mainstream media the way Democrats have that I can recall. For specific issues sure, but day in/out? Nope...

Agreed both parties take it on the chin here......

Bush
Reagan
Carter
Ford
Nixon
Johnson

And the list goes on

WE AREN'T THE ENEMY

CBT
01-08-2013, 04:31 AM

Hiding are we?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Come to Virginia. Me and Amy saw a couch potato wearing a side piece at BJ's Wholesale Club 2 days ago. My first thought was "Why?" followed by "Because you never know when some serious **** is about to go down by the giant tubs of Cheesy Poofs."

'Muricka!! :flag: :uzi: