PDA

View Full Version : which one should I get ?

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 12:10 PM
I feel morally obligated to put one of these on my car and I cant decide which one. I bought both but I cant tell which would look better. Both are silver in color. 3in x 8in.
Number 1
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/Screenshot_2012-12-12-14-06-32.png

Number 2
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/Screenshot_2012-12-12-14-06-22.png

Comin' in Hot
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Dude, I understand where you're coming from, but keep your marauder classy. Don't do it

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Dude, I understand where you're coming from, but keep your marauder classy. Don't do it

Not for the marauder haha

guspech750
12-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I like the "import" one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Cobra25
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM
In my opionion It doesnt serve any useful purpose puting either one on . Most of those guys down here in Florida already know that dealing with the FHP Marauders in the past & the Local ones now that their bad A$$ cars and dont mess with us. I dont know how they are up by you though.

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I like the "import" one.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

I think I do too but I like some imports so Im stuck. Not sure if I want to bash all even though im driving a car that was built everywhere but the U.S. so I have an import but still. I like rice burner cause I assume it means a car that somebody just kept mainly stock, lowered it, and put some fart can from pepboys or ebay on it and calls it fast. I love slow cars that have a ton of soot or just unburned fuel on the rear bumper above the basketball sized exhaust pipe.

In my opionion It doesnt serve any useful purpose puting either one on . Most of those guys down here in Florida already know that dealing with the FHP Marauders in the past & the Local ones now that their bad A$$ cars and dont mess with us. I dont know how they are up by you though.

Well the guys up near me are very unaware of the power the marauder has. By no means is it a race car but it will take a monster dump on most all 4 cyl and 6 cyl as well. Of course youll get the guy with the sti who comes up and eats you alive because youre completely stock and hes got 10k in mods but the majority is crap and they swear its nice. Swap this and swap that. All you did was swap a turd into a turd shell but who I am to judge im just the guy with a marauder.

Spectragod
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Well the guys up near me are very unaware of the power the marauder has. By no means is it a race car but it will take a monster dump on most all 4 cyl and 6 cyl as well. Of course youll get the guy with the sti who comes up and eats you alive because youre completely stock and hes got 10k in mods but the majority is crap and they swear its nice. Swap this and swap that. All you did was swap a turd into a turd shell but who I am to judge im just the guy with a marauder.

Wow, only 10k in mods, some people have no dedication.......:D

Pat
12-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Strongly recommend you forego badging your distinct but minimalist Marauder with tasteless and obscene labels that degrade the special class of drivers here at MM.NET.

I note that "guspech750" is the only member that expressed a positive review of the labels. But looking at his car one doesn't find any such display. I think he's baiting you.

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Wow, only 10k in mods, some people have no dedication.......:D

i wish i had 10k to put into mods. i wouldnt supercharge mine because i am starting to lean towards twin turbo since its not too common but im sure my 10k would get me close if not completely through that. haha i wonder where some people get their money. any chance you could let me permanently borrow 10k?

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Strongly recommend you forego badging your distinct but minimalist Marauder with tasteless and obscene labels that degrade the special class of drivers here at MM.NET.

I note that "guspech750" is the only member that expressed a positive review of the labels. But looking at his car one doesn't find any such display. I think he's baiting you.

well for one its not going on my marauder so i dont think you read where i posted that. there were people who chose to vote on it. i did not post this to offend anyone im just throwing it out there mainly because i was bored. i have a large group of friends that drive their little hondas and other imported cars and its really just a joke between myself and them and im sure others will be there getting insulted.
however i do feel as though it is my car and i could with it what i please as ive been told multiple times when i commented on threads saying how i disliked the ideas utilized and was bashed for it. i understand maybe you dont feel as though it should be done but others may like it. im assuming without actually looking that im a bit younger than almost all of the members here and i also am in a different mindset than most.

if he "baited" me then thats fine i dont really want to be in a war room here and i planned to offend no one. not really sure though what i was baited into because i dont feel like he did it to offend me either.

Pat
12-12-2012, 02:04 PM
I think you succeed in hoodwinkiing me. Your first sentene, 1st post, says you feel obligated to put one on your car. Your signature shows only one car, an SB MM, your posting and asking opinions of fellow marauder drivers on an MM site.. Just what did you expect we would think.

Clarify what car you intend to afix labels, so we can give you a proper response.

If it's on your import then post on the applicable import site and then you can better gage reponse.

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I think you succeed in hoodwinkiing me. Your first sentene, 1st post, says you feel obligated to put one on your car. Your signature shows only one car, an SB MM, your posting and asking opinions of fellow marauder drivers on an MM site.. Just what did you expect we would think.

Clarify what car you intend to afix labels, so we can give you a proper response.

If it's on your import then post on the applicable import site and then you can better gage reponse.

i should have put it on my initial post but i didnt really think about it too much until it was already posted and had my first question as to vehicle. i dont put my other cars on there because like you said its for a marauder forum. i have a 99 cavalier as my daily and i have a 92 firebird. i would be putting it on my little beater cavalier more of a joke than anything. i apologize if i came off as offensive because it seems that im always having issues with opinions here. i may just be coming off a bit wrong. i appreciate the understanding and its not as common as youd think. hopefully you could vote ! haha

Bigdogjim
12-12-2012, 04:30 PM
To me I woud not put it on any car or truck I drive. Why? To me it shows poor taste. Why put down some ones ride? To each his own.

screamn
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
To me I woud not put it on any car or truck I drive. Why? To me it shows poor taste. Why put down some ones ride? To each his own.

Big +1 on this ^^^^^^

Also, might have some idiot who may retaliate by keying your ride......

Just something to consider....

Triple Threat
12-12-2012, 05:14 PM
i wish i had 10k to put into mods. i wouldnt supercharge mine because i am starting to lean towards twin turbo since its not too common but im sure my 10k would get me close if not completely through that. haha i wonder where some people get their money. any chance you could let me permanently borrow 10k?

Some people get their money by working and saving for 20+years.Try it.

HiHoSilver
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Stick it on the under side of the hood.. thats about it.. or the frame rails

Smalldogg/03mm
12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
I feel morally obligated to put one of these on my car and I cant decide which one. I bought both but I cant tell which would look better. Both are silver in color. 3in x 8in.
Number 1
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/Screenshot_2012-12-12-14-06-32.png

Number 2
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/Screenshot_2012-12-12-14-06-22.png

Do it!!! It's ur car... Right.... Look at some of the tasteless stuff people have put on there cars...

Antoine

ajdereicup
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Some cars you don't put stickers on. This is one of those cases IMO

The beater pickup has a summit racing sticker on the back window and harley davidson one with a skull. My work truck has a summit racing on the lift gate a please don't touch one on the drivers side door and a sniff but please don't scratch one on the drivers side window. Those are the appropriate spots for stickers or a toolbox or spare hood you hand on the garages wall. My Mustang has no stickers on it even and its a track car.

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Big +1 on this ^^^^^^

Also, might have some idiot who may retaliate by keying your ride......

Just something to consider....
well the car it would go on is spray painted, faded, has cancer, has 222k miles, paid 800 for it over a year and a half ago, hasnt had an oil change in months and doesnt have insurance on it. i almost dare someone to key it haha i know that sounds ridiculous but i hate that car so its more a joke than anything. i do appreciate the ideas though.

Some people get their money by working and saving for 20+years.Try it.
thanks for the obvious tip. :bows:
it was a joke.

Stick it on the under side of the hood.. thats about it.. or the frame rails
i never thought of the under hood idea but its not going on the marauder so i wouldnt even do that plus i have the heat shield thing under my hood. i dont know what the actual term for that is.

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Some cars you don't put stickers on. This is one of those cases IMO

The beater pickup has a summit racing sticker on the back window and harley davidson one with a skull. My work truck has a summit racing on the lift gate a please don't touch one on the drivers side door and a sniff but please don't scratch one on the drivers side window. Those are the appropriate spots for stickers or a toolbox or spare hood you hand on the garages wall. My Mustang has no stickers on it even and its a track car.

i definitely wouldnt put anything on the marauder that wasnt mercury or military related. i was thinking about getting mercury marauder written in calligraphy across the bottom of the back window but thats just sloppy looking. i dont like stickers and i dont really use them but on my beater i figured id have a little fun with it since it has about 2 months of life left in it.

IwantmyMMnow!
12-12-2012, 07:05 PM
People are people....

If you and your buddies get a chuckle out of it, then do it. Everyone has a right to express themselves, but keep in mind not everyone is going to get the 'joke'...that's just the way it is.

After I installed my first boomin' system back in the day, I put all kinds of stickers on my car to get attention and it worked....about a year later, my car was broken into and my subs/amps were ganked.

Now, if you DID put a sticker like that on your Marauder, I'd drive up to Philly and use your face to smash in the window it's placed on...:lol:

...but seriously though, I would...

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 07:16 PM
People are people....

If you and your buddies get a chuckle out of it, then do it. Everyone has a right to express themselves, but keep in mind not everyone is going to get the 'joke'...that's just the way it is.

After I installed my first boomin' system back in the day, I put all kinds of stickers on my car to get attention and it worked....about a year later, my car was broken into and my subs/amps were ganked.

Now, if you DID put a sticker like that on your Marauder, I'd drive up to Philly and use your face to smash in the window it's placed on...:lol:

...but seriously though, I would...

haha i only hope that some people will just laugh because its on a cavalier. theres no harm meant there but i have been in physical situations where a guy didnt like something i said and was offended by my opinion. i had a marauder with a $5-$6k system in it and surprisingly no stickers. funny thing though is that it still ended up getting robbed (the whole car) gutted and left on fire resulting in this
\/ \/ \/ \/
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/2003%20Marauder/MarauderFire6.jpg
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/2003%20Marauder/MarauderFire10.jpg

DOOM
12-12-2012, 07:47 PM
i never thought of the under hood idea but its not going on the marauder so i wouldnt even do that plus i have the heat shield thing under my hood. i dont know what the actual term for that is.

It's called a hood liner.

rocky
12-12-2012, 07:47 PM
stay classy Philadelphia...and stay stickerless

tho either would make a nice sig :)

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 08:09 PM
It's called a hood liner.
didnt even meet you yet and youre saving the day. does every marauder come with one from the factory? my black 03 300a didnt have one. at least when i got it.

stay classy Philadelphia...and stay stickerless

tho either would make a nice sig :)

i wouldnt put a sticker on my car unless it was marauder related or had some type of special resemblance like a family member or military. never thought of that though haha ill have to figure out what looks best and add er in there.

ajdereicup
12-12-2012, 08:15 PM
haha i only hope that some people will just laugh because its on a cavalier. theres no harm meant there but i have been in physical situations where a guy didnt like something i said and was offended by my opinion. i had a marauder with a $5-$6k system in it and surprisingly no stickers. funny thing though is that it still ended up getting robbed (the whole car) gutted and left on fire resulting in this
\/ \/ \/ \/
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/2003%20Marauder/MarauderFire6.jpg
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q696/mfarina429/2003%20Marauder/MarauderFire10.jpg

That brought a tear to my eye:(

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 08:18 PM
That brought a tear to my eye:(

and it wasnt even yours. imagine my mind when that was what i drive up to. i have more pictures and im not sure if when you click on the pictures you can see the others. if not ill post a few more of the ones i took. the wheels melted to the body or somethin. it was ridiculous. my seats were ashes. my $900 headunit was gone. i have the melted grille and one of the coil covers still. i needed something to take with me. i had the owners manual out of it and the floor mats so i kind of got lucky there but everything else was gone.

rocky
12-12-2012, 08:18 PM
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/ROCKFORD7420/Rottenecards_21125166_4xjrhgrv 9h.png

MyO4Rawdur
12-12-2012, 08:19 PM
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l635/ROCKFORD7420/Rottenecards_21125166_4xjrhgrv 9h.png

haha i like that. i seen a stick figure kid shooting too people in the head and under it it says "***** Your Stick Family"

DOOM
12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
didnt even meet you yet and youre saving the day. does every marauder come with one from the factory? my black 03 300a didnt have one. at least when i got it.

Yes they all came with hood liners from the factory.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/DOOMIE/DSC00939.jpg

SC Cheesehead
12-12-2012, 09:58 PM
You should have added a third option to your poll:

"Neither."

MOTOWN
12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
You should have added a third option to your poll:

"Neither."

I have to agree! Both are a bit immature

ajdereicup
12-13-2012, 10:23 AM
and it wasnt even yours. imagine my mind when that was what i drive up to. i have more pictures and im not sure if when you click on the pictures you can see the others. if not ill post a few more of the ones i took. the wheels melted to the body or somethin. it was ridiculous. my seats were ashes. my $900 headunit was gone. i have the melted grille and one of the coil covers still. i needed something to take with me. i had the owners manual out of it and the floor mats so i kind of got lucky there but everything else was gone.

I would've gone into a rage pulling up and seeing that. I would've gone literally rambo and destroyed $h!t until I found the person responsible then destroyed them. It's like if you steal it at least don't trash it just take what you want and leave it. That's just adding insult to injury

fastblackmerc
12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
and doesnt have insurance on it.

:shake::shake::shake: Great! Remind me not to drive in Philly. You get into an accident.... what do you do? No responsibility.... that's is why insurance costs are so high.....

MrBluGruv
12-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I have to agree! Both are a bit immature

I second this. ^^^

This part might be a little different direction than everyone else would say, but: Stickers like that have a way of bringing those to you that would embarrass your ride in a heartbeat. I realize that this would be going on your junker cavalier, but in a way, doesn't that make it even worse? :depress:

MyO4Rawdur
12-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I second this. ^^^

This part might be a little different direction than everyone else would say, but: Stickers like that have a way of bringing those to you that would embarrass your ride in a heartbeat. I realize that this would be going on your junker cavalier, but in a way, doesn't that make it even worse? :depress:

I wasnt going for the adult and "mature" audience. Im not exactly old and I didnt do it to impress anyone. As for the people with their fast imports I have respect because in my opinion theres no replacement for displacement and when an import car pulls up running 400+ horsepower due to mods then they already earned my respect. The joke is meant to aim towarda the turd hondas that drive around making more noise than a thousand bees in a can.

MrBluGruv
12-16-2012, 02:23 PM
The joke is meant to aim towarda the turd hondas that drive around making more noise than a thousand bees in a can.

But....on a self-admitted shitbox Cavalier? That's all I'm saying man. Seems like you would at least want to put it on a car that's not built like an import itself and/or one that's not apparently a junker. It's not even a funny coincidence really, just seems like a waste of money, no matter how cheap it is.

Blk04MM
12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Your car
Your sticker
Your money

Happy decorating

MyO4Rawdur
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
But....on a self-admitted shitbox Cavalier? That's all I'm saying man. Seems like you would at least want to put it on a car that's not built like an import itself and/or one that's not apparently a junker. It's not even a funny coincidence really, just seems like a waste of money, no matter how cheap it is.

Anyone who knows me knows how I dont favor imports. Im actually a ford hater ironically. Im a chevy/gm guy but marauders are the soft spot along with the lightning and the new 5.0 all others are disgusting IMHO. I have fun with my shitbox because its spray painted with $1 a can spray paint from home depot for indoor use only and I have crashed it I to stuff on purpose, went off roading with it, gone long distance with it, and on occasion when too drunk to drive ive worn off a buzz in it. The car is a beater and id put a k&n sticker on it if it was given to me. Its not about the performance of it nor is it about the cost because its 2.00 and it might even be junked by the end of winter so im just trying to junk it up before it goes. Also because id never work for an american car dealer if I can avoid it so it nakes it funny when working with guys who swear by imports.

MrBluGruv
12-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Well at the end of the day, it's like Blk04MM said,
"Your car
Your sticker
Your money"

I don't get the humor, and I get the impression I'm not alone on this board, but if you and your buddies get $2 worth of laughs from it then go for it.

I guess to put in an opinion on the original question, attempting to be objective in my thought process here, I'd say that either of them are essentially one and the same, especially since a lot of people that bash on either don't see a distinction between the two terms anyways.