PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Weatherstripping ?

cat in the hat
12-17-2012, 11:18 PM
The weatherstripping under the back window across the top of the trunk does not positively engage - there's a half-inch gap all the way across, and all kinds of pine needles and crap get in there. The gasket around the trunk keeps this stuff out of the trunk itself, but it builds up in that channel there.
I'm sure I'm not the only person that this bothers - does anyone have a good fix for this ?

Mr. Man
12-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I've been using a damp rag to clean out the channel every week since new. I think the lower window weatherstrip is more for beautification than actual purpose.

tbone
12-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Cleaning it out regularly is the only answer.

I inherited my dad's Town Car. I pulled the shroud that covers the air inlets by the windshield wipers and discovered years of acorns, twigs, leaves and muck of decomposing crap from the area. Just part of regular maintenance if you live under trees.

DOOM
12-17-2012, 11:56 PM
The weatherstripping under the back window across the top of the trunk does not positively engage - there's a half-inch gap all the way across,

3M weatherstrip adhesive. Very easy fix! :up:

cat in the hat
12-18-2012, 08:30 AM
3M weatherstrip adhesive. Very easy fix! :up:

This is exactly what I'm talking about - I'd rather just keep all that crap from getting in there in the first place. I'm hoping that a guy who's already worked this out (what size to use, etc) will chime in, I know he's out there :)