PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Competition

SHERIFF
03-01-2004, 09:03 PM
This is pretty funny! :banana:

Competitors to the Marauder

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/compare.aspx?modelid=10780&trimid=-1&type=Competitors&src=vip

TripleTransAm
03-01-2004, 09:08 PM
What about the almighty Accord???????? :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

woaface
03-01-2004, 09:12 PM
What about the almighty Accord????????
Darn man, you beat me to it!:bows:

sarge
03-01-2004, 09:28 PM
meh the accord is boring, watch out for impalla SS (yes the fwd gay one) , buick regal GS, and pontiac grand prix gtp

Silver_04
03-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Heck-might as well throw the Chevy Duramax Diesel truck in there. Saw a super crew 4x4 run a 14.4 at Edgewater on Saturday. I was astonished.

sarge
03-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Heck-might as well throw the Chevy Duramax Diesel truck in there. Saw a super crew 4x4 run a 14.4 at Edgewater on Saturday. I was astonished.
i've seen a dually run high 12's at rockingham. they make some very very powerful turbo/fuel/ecu upgrades for some of the larger turbo diesels :rock:

the fat bastid
03-01-2004, 09:54 PM
once i saw a ford fiesta run a 24.88...
...wait, nevermind...

junehhan
03-01-2004, 11:06 PM

Yeah I saw that one! I was totally astonished and mind-boggled seeing a 7500lb truck run 14.4 in the 1/4 mile! Here I am with my 4200lb "muscle sedan" turning only a 15.4 :(

Oh well, time to start going mod crazy..........

Marauderman
03-02-2004, 05:51 AM
i've seen a dually run high 12's at rockingham. they make some very very powerful turbo/fuel/ecu upgrades for some of the larger turbo diesels :rock:
I take it you mean--NC -- when you meantioned Rockingham--if so -- where are you located.............haven't seen you around ( on the board much) --welcome aboard..............Tom

Paul T. Casey
03-02-2004, 06:34 AM
IMHO, they missed the competition mark. Our real competition is BMW, Lexus, Accura, Mercedes, and sorry, I can't remember any of the model numbers on these excuses for sports sedans, but we are a class above any FWD domestic vehicle. :rock:

woaface
03-02-2004, 07:02 AM
IMHO, they missed the competition mark. Our real competition is BMW, Lexus, Accura, Mercedes, and sorry, I can't remember any of the model numbers on these excuses for sports sedans, but we are a class above any FWD domestic vehicle. :rock:
Exactly, people who know something about cars and shop around first...not people who say "I found a deal on an Alero this weekend, so I bought it!"

My grandpa did that:nono:

SergntMac
03-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Yeah, welcome aboard, "sarge." This ought to be fun...

MM03MOK
03-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Yeah, welcome aboard, "sarge." This ought to be fun...Ya, just like MOngoose and Mongoose!

CRUZTAKER
03-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Mary, I think the difference in this instance is night and day, apple to orange, ownership to envy, marauder to ....

....well, the whole idea is to build an accord between us so that we may eclipse our differences, and continue to move FWD. :shot:

TAF
03-02-2004, 07:31 AM
nice one, Barry...:up:

Long Live #3
03-02-2004, 07:40 AM
I can see the Crown Vic as competition, but a Toyota Avalon?

MM03MOK
03-02-2004, 07:41 AM
Mary, I think the difference in this instance is night and day, apple to orange, ownership to envy, marauder to ....

....well, the whole idea is to build an accord between us so that we may eclipse our differences, and continue to move FWD. :shot::lol: Good one, Barry!

Haggis
03-02-2004, 07:59 AM

....well, the whole idea is to build an accord between us so that we may eclipse our differences, and continue to move FWD. :shot:

...can't we all just live in peace and smoke some rice together.

CRUZTAKER
03-02-2004, 08:09 AM
...can't we all just live in peace and smoke some rice together.well...as the fly said as he walked across the mirror...'that's one way of looking at it!'

TripleTransAm
03-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Something that I realized last night and this morning is the sheer quantity of people who have the gall to sit at a typewriter/terminal and spew forth what they think is expert information but really is nothing more than opinion and fabricated reality, sometimes based on some other person's opinion and fabricated reality.

Looking at the list of Marauder competition on that site, it's painfully clear they have not so much as seen one in person, much less driven one. They cannot understand what it is to drive any of those cars on that list, otherwise it would have been obvious how different they are. I've logged some 10k km in a Grand Prix while driving across the continent a few years back... it's still fresh enough in my mind that I can safely say the two deliver completely different packages, to two completely different buyers.

That list of competitors just serves to invalidate their expertise in the matter.

Dr Caleb
03-02-2004, 09:30 AM
...sometimes based on some other person's opinion and fabricated reality.

Looking at the list of Marauder competition on that site, it's painfully clear they have not so much as seen one in person, much less driven one.

That list of competitors just serves to invalidate their expertise in the matter.

Good points. From the list on that site, the only factors it looks like they used for the basis of 'competition' seems to be 4 doors and price range. Not even all the features seem to be in line.

jgc61sr2002
03-02-2004, 11:47 AM

Barry - Way to go. Excellent. :up: P.S. I can't believe that thread lasted so long. As Logan stated "don't feed the trolls".

Redster
03-02-2004, 05:41 PM
If you enjoyed that, read the Consumer's Report review of the MM. I think those people just don't like anything but plain jane and cheap.

dwasson
03-02-2004, 08:39 PM
The common point in that list of competitors to the Marauder is that most of them are appliance cars. If you want a modern transport module you can get a Camry or Accord. However, if you want a car that makes your heart beat fast and that gives you a thrill just looking at it through the office window your choices narrow.

My Marauder gives me a thrill that few sedans, and none near the price, can match. The "competition" just gets you to work. There is a difference if you care.

big2002vic
03-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Wow, sheriff.. That's a GREAT article! I wonder where you find stuff like that!!