PDA

View Full Version : Thief in a marauder!!!!!!!

stevesoasis
12-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I just watched a video on youtube of a guy in Philly driving a SB marauder who parks the car and than hops out and steals a package from somones front door!! The police releases the video on youtube in hopes that somone will identify him. Does anyone recognize this loser??? I tried to post a link but i cant with my phone, if someone else can post the link that would be great. Otherwise if you do a search on youtube for mercury marauder vids posted today you can watch the vid.

jimbok1951
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgKuIc4UWGU

This is considered South Philadelphia area. Not guilty, my SB it is down for the winter.

Odinson
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Holy crap the grinch drives a panther?

Well so does Santa. Ho ho ho mutter fluffer.

Loco1234
12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Mines a DTR & i live 1.5+hrs north of Phila... But ill keep my eye's open.... Philly is a though city... My guess is the car is stolen or borrowed for improper use... but who knows for sure...
perhaps some Phila owners can chime in...

Bluerauder
12-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Definitely a Silver Birch MM with a rear spoiler. Not familiar to me. Guess there was not enough camera resolution to pull the plate numbers from the pics. Had a clear view. Abby on NCIS could do it. ;)

vgKuIc4UWGU

ajdereicup
12-19-2012, 03:24 PM
It sucks people resort to stuff like this. But then again its kinda bad how the delivery companies leave things in plain site a lot of times. I've had TVs left on the front steps a set of M/T tires sitting on the steps tons of Summit Racing boxes on the steps luckily noones snatched them yet

Vortech347
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
What a dickhead!!!

Cobra25
12-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Being their are most likely only a few of them in the area, the local police can look them up in the DMV vehicals records, then find out who the owners are and run the DMV Drivers licences for a match. It shouldn't be too hard to do.

cat in the hat
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
There's definitely more to the story.

That package isn't sticking out of the door much, if at all. The guy rolls up, parks and goes staraight to it like he knew it was there. If he saw that while he was driving by and made his move that quick, he's the opportunist of all time. Plus, he doesn't look hard-up, so why take a chance ? - that box could be full of grandmom's fruit cake, or urine specimens. But I'm guessing it was something good.

RacerX
12-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Line up everyone here from Philly and lets find out their whereabouts at said time. :D

cat in the hat
12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Being their are most likely only a few of them in the area, the local police can look them up in the DMV vehicals records, then find out who the owners are and run the DMV Drivers licences for a match. It shouldn't be too hard to do.

It is not possible to run vehicle registrations by make / model.

maineiac
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
there is more to this story , looks more like local PD had a sting to catch someone shipping something and where out to lunch during the delivery!

MOTOWN
12-19-2012, 04:03 PM
It is not possible to run vehicle registrations by make / model.

Yes it is!

cat in the hat
12-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Yes it is!

Maybe they can do that where you are, but not around here.

Murked03'
12-19-2012, 04:22 PM
If ya ask me that guy looks a lil too clean to do such a scumbag job. It's almost like he knew what friggin time to pick up the parcel, sounds like a credit card scam or sumthin, that's prolly how he got that marauder, a damn shame using such a beautiful piece of mercury history to do evil, I hope he throws a rod right in his sphincter:mad::mad::mad:

DOOM
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Looks like he's wearing a ups uniform!

cat in the hat
12-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Looks like he's wearing a ups uniform!

He's definitely wearing a company shirt.

Blk04MM
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
They better check the UPS man ...no way he seen then packages from the road. He went directly there.

Mebot
12-19-2012, 04:50 PM
ms denmark quits mm.net, now a SB is thievery? connection?

jk but that does suck I know when we moved to our place a couple things we ordered never arrived

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

Cobra25
12-19-2012, 05:01 PM
It is not possible to run vehicle registrations by make / model. Your local PD can run the type of car & year and come up with a list if they really wanted too.

whitey
12-19-2012, 05:13 PM
I Wouldn't throw this guy under the bus quite yet, Maybe he ordered something for Christmas and is surprising somebody who lives there, and had to put their address down for shipping

Vortech347
12-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Hacked a website retailers order database with UPS tracking numbers.

Mebot
12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I Wouldn't throw this guy under the bus quite yet, Maybe he ordered something for Christmas and is surprising somebody who lives there, and had to put their address down for shipping

yeah but if that were true why is the police dept so quick to call him a thief. I mean it's one thing if he ordered these presents for them, then there would be no police report since they were unawares. but police have been called which leads me to believe owners came home expecting package, calling company, finding it was delivered & then calling cops

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

guspech750
12-19-2012, 06:07 PM
There's definitely more to the story.

That package isn't sticking out of the door much, if at all. The guy rolls up, parks and goes staraight to it like he knew it was there. If he saw that while he was driving by and made his move that quick, he's the opportunist of all time. Plus, he doesn't look hard-up, so why take a chance ? - that box could be full of grandmom's fruit cake, or urine specimens. But I'm guessing it was something good.

I was thinking the same. I think he knew it would be there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

cat in the hat
12-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Your local PD can run the type of car & year and come up with a list if they really wanted too.

In PA, cars are not registered with the BMV by Model name (Marauder, Grand Marquis, etc.), they are registered by Year / Make / Type only. Type = Cp (Coupe, 2-door), Sdn (Sedan, 4-door), SW (Station Wagon), Tk (Truck), etc.

So a 2003 Marauder is simply a "2003 Mercury Sdn," and is completely lost in the Grand Marquis.

The Model is meaningless to the State BMV - for their purposes, all 2003 Mercury Sedans are functionally identical.
The Model is tracked by insurance companies, because they charge more for certain models.

whitey
12-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe he ordered something for his wife, she found out and wasnt supposed to, so he juat played it off like it was stolen when it was never there. The problem is that mostly everybody accuses people of being guilty before theyre proven innocent. Its human nature, but we cant just say hes guilty from a video, and not hearing his side of the story.

cat in the hat
12-19-2012, 06:28 PM

They had video all over the place a few days ago of the "Grinches" taking the toys from the "Toys For Tots" drop-off at the mall, and everybody was furious ! and that's how they solved it !
. . . it was the "Toys For Tots" people picking the stuff up . . . ;)

whitey
12-19-2012, 06:39 PM
They had video all over the place a few days ago of the "Grinches" taking the toys from the "Toys For Tots" drop-off at the mall, and everybody was furious ! and that's how they solved it !
. . . it was the "Toys For Tots" people picking the stuff up . . . ;)

See...., you guys have to give people the benefit of the doubt. So many legit reasons the guy could have done this. Not saying he isnt guilty, but look at the guy, hes not exactly a poster child for theft.

MOTOWN
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
This is a funny thread! What exactly does a thief look like? A bad guy?

Shaijack
12-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Number one I am glad that I don't own a SB yet.
Number two people send stuff, they don't want in their name to other addresses.
If he is a thief he should be arrested.
Or hanged.
, and his car given to the MM.net.

marauder21
12-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I believe he mightve stole it? idk i mean he went up the steps, back to his car to open the trunk, then goes back to the steps(practically on his knees getting the package idk why lol) then goes back to his car....if he knew what it was wouldnt he just go up get it and leave without ant hesitation???

pem
12-19-2012, 07:44 PM
If they catch him and he's found to be innocent, so be it....if he's guilty, roast his chestNUTS on an open fire............

marauder21
12-19-2012, 07:46 PM
if hes quilty...called dibs on the marauder!! lmao jk jk

Guittard22
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Nice mm but what an @@@ really you can't just buy somthing you Want. Hope they get him that's just not right .

TFB
12-19-2012, 08:03 PM
If it's a '04 and the partial VIN of 2MEHM79V or 2MHHM79V is run all the '04 Marauders should pop up... Likewise running 2MEHM75V should bring up all the '03... Key is including the engine identifier(V) for '03 as it is different from MGM...

whitey
12-19-2012, 08:08 PM
This is a funny thread! What exactly does a thief look like? A bad guy?

You know what im saying, he doesnt fit the bill. No sunglasses, hat, or other ways to try and disguise himself.:pimp:

MyO4Rawdur
12-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I live 8 blocks from where this happened, I drivr a silver birch marauder and I used to work for UPS. Best way to prove its not me is I do not have a spoiler. I also am not as tall as that guy.

I think he either knows the ups driver or he was involved with the owners of the house and knew what it was so he could just get them two of whatever was in the box. If youre driving at a regular slow city driving pace then you can see packages in the door. Even with my 5% tint I notice them in my neighbors doors up my block while driving home. The city doors are usually eye level with you while in a mm.

blkZooM
12-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Something isn't right, how did he notice that their was a package behind the door anyways, the door looked closed from the angle I was looking. I agree there is more to this. Car does look nice tho

Serge
12-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Looks like it has a funky stripe on the side. Shouldn't be too hard to spot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/PoliceInterceptor/marauder.png

MyO4Rawdur
12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Looks like it has a funky stripe on the side. Shouldn't be too hard to spot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/PoliceInterceptor/marauder.png

I saw that too but it looks like a glare from the windows and roof lip in the reflection of the amazing silver birch

Serge
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
I saw that too but it looks like a glare from the windows and roof lip in the reflection of the amazing silver birch

No, it's a stripe. If you look at a different angle you can see it.

Comin' in Hot
12-20-2012, 11:17 AM
thats the car that was for sale on craigslist a couple months ago, i noticed the pinstripe it last night

camelgrundle
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM
man we have some detectives here! haha. And in my line of work if the door was cracked open then it was probably a crime of opportunity and no one fits that bill. you will be surprised, a rich kid stole a 10 dollar bike with a flat tire just because he was cold on his way home.

DEFYANT
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Common crime. Use stolen / fraudulent CC for online purchase, have package dropped at a vacant house, or one where you know nobody will be home, have delivery confirmation by text, go get package!

This was a big problem with computers a few years ago.

He'll be busted soon. We have superior powers of investigation........ LOL

rayjay
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
A PD the size of Philly should have the ability to enhance the video to obtain the plate number. We had it done more than once out here in the woods.

babbage
12-20-2012, 01:27 PM
See...., you guys have to give people the benefit of the doubt. So many legit reasons the guy could have done this. Not saying he isnt guilty, but look at the guy, hes not exactly a poster child for theft.

Shh! Whitey your ignorance is showing. That person is GUILTY! Who would walk nervously past, then go back then kneel down etc.

I was wondering if they were Megs 4" tips. Hopefully it was insured.

Granddaddy Marq
12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Looks like DEFYANT to me. First a bank and now this!

WhatsUpDOHC
12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Looks like DEFYANT to me. First a bank and now this!
The perp was acting DEFYANT, that's for sure.

X369
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
http://blog.phillypolice.com/2013/01/suspect-piero-andreini-arrest-for-theft-in-the-1st-district/

Mebot
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
http://blog.phillypolice.com/2013/01/suspect-piero-andreini-arrest-for-theft-in-the-1st-district/

Piero Andreini? is he a member?

MyO4Rawdur
01-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Haha somebody snitched on him. Awesome. Just saw it on the news. My neighbors behind me have the same last name so ill see what I can find out.

rocky
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM

Sent from my iPhone 5

BlackOps
01-09-2013, 03:14 PM
It sucks people resort to stuff like this. But then again its kinda bad how the delivery companies leave things in plain site a lot of times. I've had TVs left on the front steps a set of M/T tires sitting on the steps tons of Summit Racing boxes on the steps luckily noones snatched them yet

Where exactly did you say you lived again... and when is your next order coming in??? :D

Joe Walsh
01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
The Police should confiscate his car because it was used in the commission of the crime!
Then said car should be donated to MM.Net and raffled for the next MV as a door prize!!

WhatsUpDOHC
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Piero Andreini? is he a member?
Yes, of cell block #417.