PDA

View Full Version : Need Computer Advice

Pat
12-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Recently my home PC was attacked by a virus/malware which defeated the Trend Micro protection I had installed. Took it to the shop where they had to reformat the hard drive.

I am now attempting to reinstall my printer/scanner software ,Kodak 5500, when an error message pops up announcing the Kodak software did not have a Microsoft logo and if I don't stop the installation the problem will eat my face.

This is an old printer but still good and I've not encountered this problem previously.

My question can I disregard this warning and continue with the installation? I'm running Miceosoft XP, which is no longer supported, I believe.

Thanks,

PAt

MyBlackBeasts
12-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Recently my home PC was attacked by a virus/malware which defeated the Trend Micro protection I had installed. Took it to the shop where they had to reformat the hard drive.

I am now attempting to reinstall my printer/scanner software ,Kodak 5500, when an error message pops up announcing the Kodak software did not have a microsoft logo and if I don't stop the installation the problem will eat my face.

This is an old printer but still good and I've not encountered this problem previously.

My question can I disregard this warning and continue with the installatiion? I'm running Mircosoft XP, which is no longer supported, I believe.

Thanks,

PAt

It just has no Microsoft cert. Go ahead & install. You will find most non-MS software has no cert.

Ignore the warning & install.

kmastl
12-23-2012, 03:57 PM
If its a driver you are trying to install and it is asking you to continue even though its not signed you will be fine as long if its the correct driver. I always go to the manufactures website and get the latest drivers when doing fresh installs.

Pat
12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys,

MyBlackBeasts
12-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys,

Merry Christmas! :)