PDA

View Full Version : Driven, sequal to Drive.

Motorhead350
12-29-2012, 09:33 PM
I got the book Driven for christmas and let me tell you it was great. Driver actually drives a Ford Fairlane sleeper and is chased through the story by men in Ford Crown Vics. In Drive, Chris has one, but it didn't make it to the movie. In Driven there are a few more chases and a shocking ending.

I don't know if anyone here has read Drive, but i know a few of you have seen the movie. If you have the time read Driven before it gets made into a movie. I do not expect many or really anyone to respond, but those that take interest... go get it!

stevengerard
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
never heard of the book or the ovie so I guess I can go get the book first, don't read much but this sounds like it could keep my attention. Glad you brought it up I was trying to find a book to interest me besides a car magazine

Motorhead350
12-29-2012, 09:59 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CWX34ShfcsE

Heres the trailer. The film is similar to The Driver from 1976. What makes Drive and The Driver so interesting is how realistic the stories are. If anyone here has ever been in a chase by stranger or by... Smokie... you will know how close to reality these stories are and what makes them interesting.

ncmm
12-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Drive was an awesome movie. Can't wait to see Driven. :burnout:

ctrlraven
12-30-2012, 08:12 PM
I fell asleep several times during Drive.

ajdereicup
12-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I read quite often when I have nothing else going on. I may have to look into these books

Motorhead350
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I fell asleep several times during Drive.

Sounds like you have the attention span of the typical citizen.

Looks like bad news for movie fans. My guess is the writer wants more money. If you wanna know the follow up story, looks like it will stay in print.

http://collider.com/drive-sequel/201353/

pem
12-30-2012, 08:58 PM
I read quite often when I have nothing else going on. I may have to look into these books
:help: I'll take all the spare time you can give me.....:lol:

ctrlraven
12-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Sounds like you have the attention span of the typical citizen.

Looks like bad news for movie fans. My guess is the writer wants more money. If you wanna know the follow up story, looks like it will stay in print.

http://collider.com/drive-sequel/201353/
Oh yes Dom, you hit the nail right on the head! Excuse me for speaking my opinion on a movie you must of loved. It was an artistic and thoughtful but I just didn't like the pace of the movie.

ajdereicup
12-30-2012, 09:05 PM
:help: I'll take all the spare time you can give me.....:lol:

I thought you were retired? lol

Motorhead350
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh yes Dom, you hit the nail right on the head! Excuse me for speaking my opinion on a movie you must of loved. It was an artistic and thoughtful but I just didn't like the pace of the movie.

Maybe you were just tired from all the Maraudering. I will admit i found it okay at best the first time i saw it. Then saw it again and again. Like listening to The Ramones or watching Repo Man from 1984. At first its silly, but if it gets you motivated for a second chance it can become a favorite. Thats just how my mind works when it actually works.

Sorry if i got all jumpy. Its a love it or hate it film. Most gearheads do NOT like the film and people that usually do not like car movies like this one... even if its moreso a drama than another car film.

PonyUP
12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I have to admit, I did not read the book, but I did see the movie drive. I was thoroughly bored. Ryan Gosling is the worst actor I've ever seen, he can't change emotion and he is the same character in every movie.
I'd love to see Driven, but only if they recast

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

BUCKWHEAT
12-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Hey Dom, what's your take on this oldie car flick?

Vortech347
12-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Drive was the only movie my wife and I hit fast forward on.

I can respect a good slow moving flick with deep content, but I totally agree with ponyUP. It was horrible. Now I understand why some woman sued the movie maker for false advertising. The preview showed ALL of the decent film content.

Motorhead350
12-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey Dom, what's your take on this oldie car flick?

Oh boy, where to start on this one. I know I said it about the other movie, but this is as close to reality as you can come for Street Racing, Drive was more about being on the other side of the law. Yet 2 Lane Blacktop is also about being an outlaw and drifter.

From the very beginning it's just how Street Racing is. Very fast moving and people constantly looking out for police, usually older folks who have money for faster cars. The Import scene isn't as serious and betting money doesn't happen as often, usually they race for fun.

Now a lot of people also find 2 Lane Black Top boring because of lack of dialogue and not constant explosions or car chases like in Fast and The Furious or Transporter. Driving around the country and being lonely is just what happens. One of the most interesting parts is when the cars have problems and they actually buy rebuild kits and fix the GTO. Having a fast car is not dependable and the more work you have done, the less dependable it will be. This is just like it how it happens. Very accurate.

Picking up the girl who is also a drifter and The Driver falling for her just to be "burned", again, just like reality. The whole movie can actually be very depressing if you watch it carefully. No matter where they drive no one seems happy. Everyone stuck in their own neighborhoods, in their own little lives all looking like they want/wanted more out of life. The 55 and GTO have freedom, something the people in the other towns do not have. We don't really hear much on the characters past except when GTO kinda has a meltdown explaining how he lost everything as suppose to a new lie for every passenger he picks up. The Driver and Mechanic we never hear about. Did they win that 55? Did the driver take it from his dad and run away years ago? We never know.

The end is just like the beginning and sadly like a lot of stories in life they never reach their goal. Just like in Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry or Easy Rider, they never reach their destination, but in 2 Lane they keep going, they do not die.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time, maybe even my favorite. I can totally relate in driving around the country and having a road race here and there, but not an organized street race unless it was in an area I was staying in. Even all these years later the movie still seems like how the world is when you go town to town, except not on US so much anymore, more interstate.

Here's something cool for you. I don't know if you like music, but Rob Zombie wrote a song about the film. Here...

I have the lyrics for you too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWqiDIZJ4U