PDA

View Full Version : My DTR...

rayjay
01-03-2013, 07:16 PM
looks so nice with a South Carolina license plate on it. Guess I'm officially a SC resident now. :D I have to find something to replace where the front plate was.

Family is still in frigid upstate NY with snow up to their behinds and temps to match. Below 0*F last night. :( Not to mention that our house sitter filled the snowblower with 2 cycle gas... Uhm, now I know why a machine that started 1st pull every time won't run. :rolleyes: Oh boy...

Bigdogjim
01-03-2013, 08:58 PM
WOW! 2 cycle gas in the snowblower? Just hand 'em a shovel next time:)

Get a marauder plate for the front of the DTR.

rayjay
01-03-2013, 09:11 PM
WOW! 2 cycle gas in the snowblower? Just hand 'em a shovel next time:)

Get a marauder plate for the front of the DTR.

Have my wifes uncle is going to help her tomorrow. I believe draining the tank and line, filling with correct fuel will help. Most likely the plug will have be pulled and cleaned. I know she was trying to help, but the can was clearly labeled 2 cycle fuel. Plus it was not exactly out in plain sight. :hmmm: I'm afraid to ask, I'll get a blonde answer. :rolleyes:

WhatsUpDOHC
01-04-2013, 01:35 AM
2 cycle means different things to different people.

Marauderjack
01-04-2013, 04:07 AM
2 cycle means different things to different people.

Why would "2 Cycle Gas" cause a snow blower (WTF is that??) not to run??:rolleyes:

SC Cheesehead
01-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Why would "2 Cycle Gas" cause a snow blower (WTF is that??) not to run??:rolleyes:

Now THAT is a SC response... ;) -----------> :D

BTW, in reply to Ray's comment about being a bona fide South Carolinian now that he's got his SC car tag, nah, that won't happen until you have grits for breakfast instead of hash browns.

I ain't there yet... ;)

rayjay
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Now THAT is a SC response... ;) -----------> :D

BTW, in reply to Ray's comment about being a bona fide South Carolinian now that he's got his SC car tag, nah, that won't happen until you have grits for breakfast instead of hash browns.

I ain't there yet... ;)

I like grits, but prefer home fries, not fond of hash browns.

The only reason I can think of as to why she put that fuel in is maybe her family only has a 2 cycle machine. ??? I had a single stage one, not heavy enough for the amount of snow we got there. The regular gas can was right in plain view. Wish she had called 1st. Since it never started, I hoping no damage was done. Should be able to flush the lines with regular gas, clean the plug and she should fire. If there is a next time it will be DO NOT touch anyhing mechanical. :rolleyes: