PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Officer Chris Yung, Prince William County Police Department (PWCPD)

Bluerauder
01-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Officer Chris Yung, Prince William County, VA Police Department (PWCPD), Motor #4887 was killed on Monday, 31 December 2012 while enroute to another emergency. A minivan turned left in front of his motorcycle despite the siren and flashing lights. He was laid to rest today.

The video below captures the funeral procession for Officer Yung. The main body of the procession arrives at about 2:10 into the video. It takes a full 25 more minutes for the convoy to pass and includes about 200+ motorcycles and countless marked and unmarked cruisers from the surrounding jurisdictions in VA, DC, and Maryland including Prince William and Fairfax County police and sheriff's departments. Several local motorcycle clubs are found at the end of the convoy. Unbelieveable show of support for this fallen police officer. He leaves behind a wife and several small children.

Cannot post this without tears in my eyes. :bigcry: Likewise the "End of Watch" broadcast over the dispatch system got me again. I generally hold emotion well .... Not so in this case.

QkXzYbosKIc

cat in the hat
01-04-2013, 06:40 PM
You have my sincere condolences. There have been way too many of these recently.

Dave Compson
01-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Rest in peace brother. I'll have a drink for him.

MOTOWN
01-04-2013, 09:18 PM
In my 14 years as a Detroit police officer I went to 16 police funerals of friends and coworkers, just one of the many reasons I left and moved away, may this officer rest in peace.

Vortech347
01-04-2013, 11:18 PM
I have much respect for the risk taken and service given by our LEO's, EMS, Fire, and
Armed forces. Without them we wouldn't have the great country we do.

Bluerauder
01-05-2013, 04:10 AM
In my 14 years as a Detroit police officer I went to 16 police funerals of friends and coworkers, just one of the many reasons I left and moved away, may this officer rest in peace.

It is a pretty rare case in this county with a population now of about 400,000. Not more than a small handful in the past 25 years. Actually only 3 since the formation of the department in the early 1970s.

Fallen officers since the establishment of the Prince William County Police Department, 3 officers have died in the line of duty.

Officer Date of Death Details

Officer Paul Thomas White Jr. Saturday, October 27, 1973 Automobile accident
Officer Philip Michael Pennington Thursday, November 22, 1990 Gunfire
Officer Chris Yung Monday, December 31, 2012 Motorcycle accident

Mebot
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Fallen officers since the establishment of the Prince William County Police Department, 3 officers have died in the line of duty.

Wow, I did not know this. It's so tragic to have this happen in our own backyard. My condolences to his family and fellow officers :(

Marauderman
01-06-2013, 05:22 PM
It is a pretty rare case in this county with a population now of about 400,000. Not more than a small handful in the past 25 years. Actually only 3 since the formation of the department in the early 1970s.

Officer Date of Death Details

Officer Paul Thomas White Jr. Saturday, October 27, 1973 Automobile accident
Officer Philip Michael Pennington Thursday, November 22, 1990 Gunfire
Officer Chris Yung Monday, December 31, 2012 Motorcycle accident

My memory tends to tell me the first officer incident in '73--I was there on the call--( was with the Stonewall Vol. Fire & Rescue then-=-Co.11 in Sudley area of Manassas--real close to the park and I-66)-I believe if memory serves me-=--Check Charlie--- Was it on 234 on the curve headed to Catharpin? --just past the Bull Run Park Area? It was a foggy morning---- Thanks for the posting Charlie

Bluerauder
01-06-2013, 06:26 PM
My memory tends to tell me the first officer incident in '73--I was there on the call--( was with the Stonewall Vol. Fire & Rescue then-=-Co.11 in Sudley area of Manassas--real close to the park and I-66)-I believe if memory serves me-=--Check Charlie--- Was it on 234 on the curve headed to Catharpin? --just past the Bull Run Park Area? It was a foggy morning---- Thanks for the posting Charlie

Officer Down page does not give that detail .... says it was near Haymarket, VA >>>>> http://www.odmp.org/officer/14061-officer-paul-thomas-white-jr

Marauderman
01-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Officer Down page does not give that detail .... says it was near Haymarket, VA >>>>> http://www.odmp.org/officer/14061-officer-paul-thomas-white-jr

Thanks Charlie--back then --once you left the Bull Run park area---you were considered in the Haymarket area--which was wide spread back then..from Gainsville to Rt 15 --covered a big aread--not sure how its broke up now---

jgc61sr2002
01-07-2013, 04:07 PM
May he rest in peace.

guspech750
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
RIP. :(

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom