PDA

View Full Version : Term "Molested Marauder"

Pat
01-14-2013, 07:47 PM
The term, molested, as applied to a Marauder is confusing to me. I have notice more and more buyers wanting an unmolested Marauder.

The Webster's Dictionary defines the word in unflattering terms,
IE: disturb, interfere with, annoy, and the sexual adjectives of accost and harass.

I'm sure MM owners here and at other MM sites that upgrade, improve and individualize their rides don't consider themselves as molesters. Especially when they refer to their cars as "my baby".

So, using the dictionary definition, a "molested" Marauder would be one that has not had service done on a regular basis, dirty, unpolished, torn, dinged, rusted out and/or runs poorly.

So, are buyer's that want an unmolested Marauder saying they want a clean, properly maintained, bone stock car, as opposed to one that is modified to some significant degree?

I think buyers that come on this site should not use the term unmolested, but instead use the term unmodified. Makes me feel like less of an evil person - Officer, arrest this man, I saw him molesting his Marauder, repeatedly.

Regards,

MM2004
01-14-2013, 07:53 PM
The term, molested, as applied to a Marauder is confusing to me. I have notice more and more buyers wanting an unmolested Marauder.

The Webster's Dictionary defines the word in unflattering terms,
IE: disturb, interfere with, annoy, and the sexual adjectives of accost and harass.

I'm sure MM owners here and at other MM sites that upgrade, improve and individualize their rides don't consider themselves as molesters. Especially when they refer to their cars as "my baby".

So, using the dictionary definition, a "molested" Marauder would be one that has not had service done on a regular basis, dirty, unpolished, torn, dinged, rusted out and/or runs poorly.

So, are buyer's that want an unmolested Marauder saying they want a clean, properly maintained, bone stock car, as opposed to one that is modified to some significant degree?

I think buyers that come on this site should not use the term unmolested, but instead use the term unmodified. Makes me feel like less of an evil person - Officer, arrest this man, I saw him molesting his Marauder, repeatedly.

Regards,

Hey Pat,

In the car club/forum world, unmolested is not derogatory in any way.

Simply means completely stock.

I wouldn't try reading too much into it.

;)

Mike.

RacerX
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Molested??? Duh! You asked for it!!! :D

6Qe_-MrKaoU

Mr. Man
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Hey Pat,

In the car club/forum world, unmolested is not derogatory in any way.

Simply means completely stock.

I wouldn't try reading too much into it.

;)

Mike.
Maybe we should call them "Virgin" Marauders ;)

Pat
01-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks Mike for clearing that up. Creeping around the back alleys when I wanted to molest my Marauder was getting risky.

It's seems I only came across this term on this site. Maybe I ought to expand my horizons.

Pat

tbone
01-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow, I never saw the extended version of that video...

BUCKWHEAT
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Maybe we should call them "Virgin" Marauders ;) so a Virgin Marauder is one that has been effed with by no one? Not even the guy at the car wash? & how would we know? Advertising a Virgin Marauder may be mis-representation with or without malice afore thought.

Could we equivocate and say the Marauder is 90% virgin? How about still young and exciting, except for the AC blend door, etc. Let's invent a scale. Please feel free to add to this as I am an accountant and therefore have a limited imagination:
Virgin-Kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnals porch
Completely original-nothing has been changed, including the oil
Original-nothing has been changed that didn't need it, listing no more than, say, three things such as engine, tranny & rear end.
Always garaged-It spent most of its life at the dealers only because I bought it new and sprang for the Ford ESP.
Good as new-under 8k miles per year, oil has been changed & so has the paint
Remarkably well kept-I have receipts for the last three oil changes and the JB weld to fix the head that leaked from overheating
Tastefully modified-the 20's are spectacular, as is the lime green interior.
Supercharged-some Florida shop put a kit on it, & the supercharger is loud enough that you don't hear the pre-ignition knock from my 87 octane fuel.
Average for its age-you can still tell it's a Marauder (if you decode the VIN)
Runs well-I guarantee it will get across the curb at my house, since my driveway slopes downward
Runs in the 11's-well, it really runs in it's 11th year
Some parts replaced-it has a salvage title, but I guarantee it has never been in a flood.
As is-where is-bring a trailer and a wench, er winch.

guspech750
01-14-2013, 08:45 PM
I whole heartedly molested my Marauder. More than once too. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

DOOM
01-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Cherry = stock (untouched)

Molested = modified

DEFYANT
01-14-2013, 09:53 PM
If Defyant Marauder is considered "molested", does she need counseling?

Shaijack
01-14-2013, 10:01 PM
I have to turn my self in I Molested all my Marauders. When I do I pull them in the garage so no one can see me molesting them.

Motorhead350
01-15-2013, 01:31 AM
^^^^LOL

It means the owner is lame and if it has low miles the owner is extra lame.

Spectragod
01-15-2013, 11:20 AM
^^^^LOL

Me and my Marauder are double extra lame then........ and?????

stevengerard
01-15-2013, 11:26 AM
good question Pat but yes as described it means not modified, other car sites use that terminology as well but I do see it here a bit more, many times the classic sites do use "unmodified" or "restored to original"

Never really thought about how that sounds.

MOTOWN
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Who in the hell would molest their Marauder? Oh wait Never mind!!!!!

Dr Caleb
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
It's not molestation if 'she' liked it. Then it's just 'upgrades'.

efi4eye
01-15-2013, 01:00 PM
I only "molest" cars that are 18+ years old. Some of you pervs should be ashamed

guspech750
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
I only "molest" cars that are 18+ years old. Some of you pervs should be ashamed

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

Vortech347
01-15-2013, 02:54 PM
I believe that is when someone sticks an item up the tail pipe without permission.

Motorhead350
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Me and my Marauder are double extra lame then........ and?????

Your car isn't lame, it was due for therapy long ago... unless you have something I am unaware of.

Spectragod
01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
^^^^LOL

Your car isn't lame, it was due for therapy long ago... unless you have something I am unaware of.

It has extra low miles, and is a garage queen.;)

Motorhead350
01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Its a race car.

Spectragod
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Its a race car.

Well.........technically, but I like to drive it on the street.:D :burnout:

MarauderTJA
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
I haved enjoyed molesting my Marauder. No one else has ever, and she liked it, very very much:D

MyBlackBeasts
01-19-2013, 10:04 PM
Cherry = stock (untouched)

Molested = modified

Correction - diddled = modified, Molested = 4' wheels & doors from an Autobot, etc. We've all seen many videos of examples... :shake:

05crownsport
01-19-2013, 10:27 PM
When your Marauders grow up...will they become strippers?
(I know, I'm going to hell)

whitey
01-20-2013, 05:28 AM
If Defyant Marauder is considered "molested", does she need counseling?
Sure does, a few weeks ago she tried robbing a bank:lol: