PDA

View Full Version : Three new car movies

Motorhead350
01-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Death Race 3, Hit and Run and Fast and Furious 6.

Death Race 2 was horrible even by my lack of standards. Hit and Run came out last year, but was recently released on DVD. Fast and Furious 6 comes out May 24th of this year. If you haven't been following it, it looks like there will be a seventh, but it's because 6 and 7 will be a long story space out into two movies.

I have seen Hit and Run many times over, it's still fun to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nZlXB5okeo

Death Race 3 looks like the original Death Race remake and will probably be better than the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFMUtD_FZZM

Fast and Furious keeps declining in quality to me. They keep veering it away from car culture and further into simply action. It must work because it makes more money every time if you have a wider audience. I expect to be let down, but I will be there on opening night.

Has a car movie series ever gone this far? Smokie and The Bandit and Max Max are the only series that come close... yes Mad Max is being remade, all 3!

guspech750
01-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Cannonball Run at least had two movies.
Back to the future had three movies.

My brain hurts.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

RF Overlord
01-15-2013, 07:25 AM
IMHO, nothing beats the original Death Race 2000, with David Carradine.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

But it was still better than Death Race and Death Race 2.

Curless
01-15-2013, 07:29 AM
IMHO all of the Fast and the Furious movies sucked...PERIOD! Completely stupid.

fastblackmerc
01-15-2013, 08:09 AM
imho all of the fast and the furious movies sucked...period! Completely stupid.

+1..............

fastblackmerc
01-15-2013, 08:17 AM
The Car

Death Race 2000 (original)

Grand Prix

Bullit

Duel

Two Lane Blacktop

Vanishing Point

Ronin

Tucker

Gone in 60 Seconds (original)

Le Mans

California Kid

Curless
01-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Ummm there is only one car movie...

AMERICAN GRAFFITI

Vortech347
01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I was a street racer in the Pre F&F days. Back then people didn't scatter like idiots when the cops showed up. The would check to see if anyone was drinking, ran tags/people for warrants then told us to have a good night and left. We would race from midnight until 4 am in some of the business depots. (no residential area's obviously)

I miss those days so much. That movie series RUINED street racing. Just destroyed it....

Vortex
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
The Car

Grand Prix

Bullit

Duel

Two Lane Blacktop

Vanishing Point

Ronin

Tucker

Le Mans

California Kid

A great list but I never saw "The Car", wasnt that some modified Monte Carlo or something? Le Mans is still my fave here.

MrBluGruv
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
I was a street racer in the Pre F&F days. Back then people didn't scatter like idiots when the cops showed up. The would check to see if anyone was drinking, ran tags/people for warrants then told us to have a good night and left. We would race from midnight until 4 am in some of the business depots. (no residential area's obviously)

I miss those days so much. That movie series RUINED street racing. Just destroyed it....

I remember once being at a meet when the police arrived, everyone tried to bolt like crazy out of there, but my friends and I walked over to the officers and said "hey sir, do you mind if we wait this out a bit? We'd rather not get caught up in all that nonsense if we can help it." He didn't mind at all, actually stood with us for a while and chatted me up about the Marauder. He was a cool dude.

This can change though depending on whether or not the police that show think everyone is racing or is dealing drugs or something.

One meet, similar situation as above, in the middle of asking the officer the same question he interrupted me saying "Is there some reason you guys are sticking around? You need to get out of here now." He also started getting agitated when we apologized and said we'd move out as quickly as possible, I guess because we weren't already gone by the time he asked us to leave? At any rate, seems he had made up his mind about us before he even got on the scene, guess you can't win 'em all over....

Jolly Roger
01-15-2013, 02:34 PM
A great list but I never saw "The Car", wasnt that some modified Monte Carlo or something? Le Mans is still my fave here.

The Car was a customized early 70's Lincoln Mark lll (IIRC).;)

Jolly Roger
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM
The Car

Grand Prix

Bullit

Duel

Two Lane Blacktop

Vanishing Point

Ronin

Tucker

Le Mans

California Kid

Hey,
that's MY car movie list. :lol:

fastblackmerc
01-15-2013, 02:37 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075809/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIP7eYdP4c

RF Overlord
01-15-2013, 02:54 PM
RoninOne of the very few car-chase scenes where I actually kept grabbing at my chair.

Also need to add The Italian Job to the list. (Original first, then the remake)

fastblackmerc
01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
One of the very few car-chase scenes where I actually kept grabbing at my chair.

Also need to add The Italian Job to the list. (Original first, then the remake)

I think the Ronin car chase is better than the Bullitt car chase.

I haven't seen the original Italian Job. Will have to see if Netflix has it.

slickster
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
The Car

Grand Prix

Bullit

Duel

Two Lane Blacktop

Vanishing Point

Ronin

Tucker

Le Mans

California Kid

Add Christine and New Jersey drive to that list

johnnyrauder
01-15-2013, 04:08 PM
7-ups.............

Motorhead350
01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Well this has gone from a preview of new car movies to simply car movies.

You guys forgot Thunder Road and Eric keeps telling me to see Hollywood Nights.

99SVT
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Don't forget Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. One of my favorite car movies.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk 2

CBT
01-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Fast and Furious keeps declining in quality to me. They keep veering it away from car culture and further into simply action. It must work because it makes more money every time if you have a wider audience. I expect to be let down, but I will be there on opening night.

Has a car movie series ever gone this far? Smokie and The Bandit and Max Max are the only series that come close... yes Mad Max is being remade, all 3!

I saw the first one, it was okay. I have no desire to see 2 thru 6, unless they all race off a cliff at the end, and destroy all hope of making more cheesy sequels. Hopefully Bruce Willis and the Transformers and Jason Bourne and The Expendables and any Real Housewives of (anywhere) will all be in some of the vehicles.

MrBluGruv
01-16-2013, 06:20 PM
I saw the first one, it was okay. I have no desire to see 2 thru 6, unless they all race off a cliff at the end, and destroy all hope of making more cheesy sequels. Hopefully Bruce Willis and the Transformers and Jason Bourne and The Expendables and any Real Housewives of (anywhere) will all be in some of the vehicles.

Don't ever watch the second one. Ever.

The other ones are bearable on some level, or like the first one had the excuse of being the first one so it kinda gets a pass I guess. The second one though, thoroughly crap from start to finish. No redeeming qualities. At all.

Motorhead350
01-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Don't ever watch the second one. Ever.

The other ones are bearable on some level, or like the first one had the excuse of being the first one so it kinda gets a pass I guess. The second one though, thoroughly crap from start to finish. No redeeming qualities. At all.

I disagree. The chases and races were best in two... above all other movies in the series. Just my opinion though.

MrBluGruv
01-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I disagree. The chases and races were best in two... above all other movies in the series. Just my opinion though.

What kills it for me is how absolutely terribly cheesy it was. It doesn't feel like they are doing it as a joke though, it feels like as it was written, the writers took it very seriously.

The fourth one was my favorite one, felt like they put a lot more genuine effort into it. I also liked the third one though, it was something different and it kind of worked. I think the newest ones have shifted from "street racing scene" to "organized crime in cars no one could realistically own," and even if the movie is quality, to me it's not longer a Fast and Furious movie, which kills it kind of.

I'll have to go check out the second one again just to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I don't remember a moment in that film that I was disappointed.

ajdereicup
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Anyone count how many gears the Mustang in Bullit had? I found it kinda funny how Steve McQueen kept upshifting over and over again.

And the FF movies aren't THAT bad with a grain of salt. Sure a lot of its unrealistic and corny at times but how many movies are there that are completely realistic? I just enjoy looking at the cars and seeing them fly around. And then seeing how people in real life try and make cars that look like the FF ones and laugh at them

Motorhead350
01-17-2013, 10:02 PM
What kills it for me is how absolutely terribly cheesy it was. It doesn't feel like they are doing it as a joke though, it feels like as it was written, the writers took it very seriously.

The fourth one was my favorite one, felt like they put a lot more genuine effort into it. I also liked the third one though, it was something different and it kind of worked. I think the newest ones have shifted from "street racing scene" to "organized crime in cars no one could realistically own," and even if the movie is quality, to me it's not longer a Fast and Furious movie, which kills it kind of.

I couldn't agree more. It was like "We need more car stuff in the movie and dialogue that will bring in dollars from the general people who comes see this stuff."

And the FF movies aren't THAT bad with a grain of salt. Sure a lot of its unrealistic and corny at times but how many movies are there that are completely realistic? I just enjoy looking at the cars and seeing them fly around. And then seeing how people in real life try and make cars that look like the FF ones and laugh at them

Someone once said "If you want things realistic in modern car culture you would see a bunch of people posting on message boards and driving their cars 300 miles a year."

:lol:

pem
01-17-2013, 10:43 PM
ok, am I that old....how about Rebel Without A Cause with James Dean and The French Connection with Gene Hackman

DarthVader215
01-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Off subject but I can name a bunch of movies with an impala ss, a couple with the 96 ss ... I cant wait to see a Marauder in one.

Motorhead350
01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
ok, am I that old....how about Rebel Without A Cause with James Dean and The French Connection with Gene Hackman

Rebel Without A Cause hit a little too close to home.... :(

Did you know the chase in The French Connection was filmed in public? Yes they are really going 90mph without closing the street. The only things staged were the stroller and crash with the truck, but it was unintentional. They kept it because they felt it worked in the story.

A new movie with a good chase is Jack Reecher. Check it out if you can. It reminds me of French Connection and has probably the best escape from police I have ever seen!

CBT
01-18-2013, 04:18 AM
Rebel Without A Cause hit a little too close to home.... :(

Did you know the chase in The French Connection was filmed in public? Yes they are really going 90mph without closing the street. The only things staged were the stroller and crash with the truck, but it was unintentional. They kept it because they felt it worked in the story.

A new movie with a good chase is Jack Reecher. Check it out if you can. It reminds me of French Connection and has probably the best escape from police I have ever seen!

I want to see that, lots of ass beating and car chasing, 2 of my 2 favorite things in a movie!

Timw286
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Don't forget Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. One of my favorite car movies.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk 2

Good call, Impala then a Charger? I like the bad ass cruiser the cop had...he just couldn't handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk