PDA

View Full Version : F1 season opener

MMM2003
03-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Time to get ready for the first Formula One Race of 2004.
I know there are a few of us out here, who enjoy fast race cars on road courses and not just taking left (or right) turns all the time.

JK. Don't want to start a "My favorite race series is better than yours" flaming thread. :flamer:

To those that care:

What do you think? Another Schumi sweep this year?

Australian Grand Prix. The SpeedTV schedule is below in CST.

Thursday, March 4, 2004

10:00 pm
FORMULA ONE PRACTICE
Australian Grand Prix

Friday, March 5, 2004

8:00 am
FORMULA ONE PRACTICE
Australian Grand Prix

11:00 pm
FORMULA ONE QUALIFYING
Australian Grand Prix

Saturday, March 6, 2004

8:00 am
FORMULA ONE QUALIFYING
Australian Grand Prix

8:30 pm
FORMULA ONE
Australian Grand Prix

Sunday, March 7, 2004

8:00 pm
FORMULA ONE REPLAY
Australian Grand Prix

12:00 am
FORMULA ONE REPLAY
Australian Grand Prix

Fourth Horseman
03-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Wow! That time again already! Thanks for the heads up, I thought we still had another month to go. Whew!

I don't know about a Schuey sweep this year, as it wasn't really a sweep last year, courtesy of the new rules. Plus I've been hearing good things about the new car that McClarrin Mercedes will field this year. Don't know if it'll be out for the start of the season, but it would be fun to have a three-team race to the finish of the season.

Thanks again for keeping me from missing the first race. :up:

dailydriver
03-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Juan Pablo has a good shot this year to win a handful IMHO.

Speaking of fast cars...CART or should I say OWR starts the season in Long Beach next month. :bounce:

Dr Caleb
03-04-2004, 04:00 PM
I am looking foreward the the open wheel season too. I like NASCAR enough, but open wheel does it for me!

No, that p$%k Schumacher can't win. He's getting way too old :) I wanted Villeneuve in this season, but he seems to have some sort of block, plus no ride.

I'll just cheer Tracy in OWR or whatever :beer:

dailydriver
03-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I am with you. Ever since Robby Gordon left CART, PT is the man to watch.

Redster
03-04-2004, 05:12 PM
thanks for the reminder. Man what a weekend ahead. Two car shows and the North Texas Irish Festival. I had forgotten the F1 opener. Guess I'll have to go easy on the Guiness. This is my wife's idea of the weekend from Hades.

Long Live #3
03-06-2004, 09:03 AM
I am looking foreward the the open wheel season too. I like NASCAR enough, but open wheel does it for me!

No, that p$%k Schumacher can't win. He's getting way too old :) I wanted Villeneuve in this season, but he seems to have some sort of block, plus no ride.

I'll just cheer Tracy in OWR or whatever :beer:
Even though I don't like Schumacher, I think he'll be a title contender once again.

Fourth Horseman
03-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Well, it was a 1 - 2 for the boys in red. Looks like this season is starting off pretty much like the last one ended.

jfclancy
03-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, it was a 1 - 2 for the boys in red. Looks like this season is starting off pretty much like the last one ended.

WOW what a differance a year makes, Last year MS took 3 races to get as many points as he got Sunday,yet .... lets see took pole, fastest lap and led EVERY lap and won the race not too shabby. IMHO

Joe Clancy

Dr Caleb
03-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Even though I don't like Schumacher, I think he'll be a title contender once again.

Yup. Looks like the new rules that were supposed to reduce Ferrari's dominance did just the opposite. :)

As much as I dislike M.S., I have to respect him! The man drives it like he just stole it!