PDA

View Full Version : Video edit software

Ladyhawke
01-16-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm looking for a reasonably priced video editing software. I already have something that will clip a video into segments and add music, but need a software that will make edits or distortions to the video imagery (i.e. blur or blackout a license plate).

Anyone using Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 & Adobe Premiere Elements 11? If so, will it work for this type of video edits and it is friendly to use for photo editing with batch processing capabilities?

Any suggestions/feedback is appreciated?
Thanks!

Dr Caleb
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
I'm looking for a reasonably priced video editing software. I already have something that will clip a video into segments and add music, but need a software that will make edits or distortions to the video imagery (i.e. blur or blackout a license plate).

Anyone using Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 & Adobe Premiere Elements 11? If so, will it work for this type of video edits and it is friendly to use for photo editing with batch processing capabilities?

Any suggestions/feedback is appreciated?
Thanks!

I don't know if it meets your needs, but Adobe (accidently) released it's Creative Suite 2 for free recently.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

RacerX
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Adobe Premiere Pro is damn good for video. Pricey for home use. CS2 activation server will be going down for good soon. Hence the "accidental" posting.

Ladyhawke
01-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the replies. Photoshop and Premiere Pro are expensive but powerful tools. Think I will download a trial version of Elements and see if I like it or not. If not, I might try the month-to-month subscription of CS. Do you know of any drawbacks to the subscription method?