http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExgJxgNSWtk
ExgJxgNSWtk

DOOM
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Dodge FAILS again! :shake:

That Vette is a beast!

tbone
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I'll take the Viper any day over the Vette.

ctrlraven
01-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Dodge FAILS again! :shake:

That Vette is a beast!
The Vette also cost 40-50k MORE than the Viper. The cost difference you could use to upgrade the brakes/tires and add power.

Joe Walsh
01-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I'll take the Viper any day over the Vette.

The Vette also cost 40-50k MORE than the Viper. The cost difference you could use to upgrade the brakes/tires and add power.

+1!

Owning a Corvette says: " I'm an old fart who never had enough money to buy a Vette until I was senile!"

Without question or hesitation....I'd take the Viper!!

Cheeseheadbob
01-17-2013, 02:34 PM
The Viper wins on cool factor alone... Although the digital viper graphic in the tach during start up is rather queer! I'm with Joe on the Vette demographic point!

MOTOWN
01-17-2013, 03:55 PM
I'd take the Vette any day of the week over a viper!

Joe Walsh
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM

You can't have the Vette....you are wayyyy too young!.....:P

MOTOWN
01-17-2013, 04:43 PM
You can't have the Vette....you are wayyyy too young!.....:P

Its funny you say that, my dad says the same thing! Lol

tallpaul
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM
I'll take both of them.

MrBluGruv
01-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Where did you see that?

On the official Chevy and Dodge websites respectively, they show the starting MSRP for a ZR1 at $112K, while the Viper GTS model starts at $120K. The regular Viper is listed at $97K, but that's still not $40-50K cheaper than the ZR1...

maineiac
01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
I'll take them both beat the snots out of both and see which one holds up,fat chance they would give me either.

ctrlraven
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Where did you see that?

On the official Chevy and Dodge websites respectively, they show the starting MSRP for a ZR1 at $112K, while the Viper GTS model starts at $120K. The regular Viper is listed at $97K, but that's still not $40-50K cheaper than the ZR1...

Yeah you're right, I saw the numbers so quickly.

Shaijack
01-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Joe Walsh you are right but you left off the I can't Get It Up anymore that comes with the Corvette.

1stMerc
01-17-2013, 09:42 PM
The Viper does what it was "originally" intended to do. Be a straight up no holds barred beast. None of those "girly" refinements.

Viper all the way

Mike M
01-17-2013, 11:07 PM
+1!

Owning a Corvette says: " I'm an old fart who never had enough money to buy a Vette until I was senile!"

I own a Vette and I'm not sen...I'm not se...I'm not s...what was I talking about?

Actually I bought it for my wife.

tbone
01-18-2013, 12:13 AM
The pinache of the Viper is so far and away above the Corvette, regardless of the badge on the back of the Vette, or the performance at the track. It is just the car to have.......

It's the same pinache that makes the Marauder the car to have over so many other cars available today that perform better, have sexier lines but just aren't as cool or rare.....

bigcowl-imp
01-18-2013, 08:05 PM

x10 .......i love it when a sbc can beat up on big blocks and get better gas milage....and cost less..

Joe Walsh
01-18-2013, 08:22 PM
x10 .......i love it when a sbc can beat up on big blocks and get better gas milage....and cost less....and get bought and driven by a preponderance of old farts...

There.....fixed it for ya!

Mr. Man
01-18-2013, 08:52 PM
They build Corvettes for Doctors and Lawyers who wouldn't have a clue what it's capability is. They build Vipers for people who are a little bit nuts. I'm in the Viper camp.

Joe Walsh
01-22-2013, 07:43 PM
..........:hmmm:......

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130122/DETROIT/130129980?utm_source=DailyDriv e20130122&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=article4&utm_content=20130122-Five-reasons-the-new-Corvette-will-stay-an-old-man%27s-car&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

ctrlraven
01-23-2013, 05:54 AM
x10 .......i love it when a sbc can beat up on big blocks and get better gas milage....and cost less..

A SBC with a supercharger vs all motor...

MMcactusflower
01-23-2013, 08:20 AM
I have never been greedy...just let me have ONE of that pair...don't care which... red or black...or any color.
Just one.

CBT
01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
+1!

Says the man who owns a Cobra. :rolleyes:

Curless
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Hmmm, a lot of you say boo to the Vette....ever driven a ZO6? Hmmm, I'll take a Vette any day over a Viper...No Viper will ever look like this in future to people!

Mr. Man
01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Hmmm, a lot of you say boo to the Vette....ever driven a ZO6? Hmmm, I'll take a Vette any day over a Viper...No Viper will ever look like this in future to people!
Thank God........:P:D

stevengerard
01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
I'd take either but prefer the Viper, you have to admit aside from perception the most recent Vettes are the best bang for the buck car someone could buy.

Though I'd probably never own one - Looked at them a few years ago and I guess I wasn't the right demographic, I was invisible to most dealers or they wouldn't let me test drive it. Secondly as my wife says, I'm too Italian, I'd look like a coke dealer driving a vette:cool4:

Curless
01-23-2013, 11:38 AM
I'd take either but prefer the Viper, you have to admit aside from perception the most recent Vettes are the best bang for the buck car someone could buy.

Though I'd probably never own one - Looked at them a few years ago and I guess I wasn't the right demographic, I was invisible to most dealers or they wouldn't let me test drive it. Secondly as my wife says, I'm too Italian, I'd look like a coke dealer driving a vette:cool4:

:lol: Coke dealer!!!!! FTMFW!!!!!!!!!:bows: Thats hilarious!!!!!!!!:nworthy:

babbage
01-23-2013, 12:06 PM

I beat a Z06 at the drags in my N/A Marauder. Muhahaha (they couldn't drive it - go figure) :)

ctrlraven
01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
Corvettes are becoming a dime a dozen and with the new 2014 model, GM is targeting a younger age range.

Think to yourself when's the last time you saw a vette? Now think the last time you saw a Viper?

I see 2-3 Corvettes a day and at least a dozen every month. It's been several months since I have seen a Viper.

MrBluGruv
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
It really sucks how much people badmouth Corvettes, as they really are top-notch cars, especially as they have evolved over time.

If you couldn't give two ***** about the whole "built not bought" thing, a Corvette is a fantastic buy if you have the cash.

In the bigger picture however, I think almost any car touted as a "performance car" these days probably has more in it than about 95% of buyers would be able to actually tap anyways, so it's a wash unless you properly know your ****.

Of course, you could also just enjoy the car for the sake of enjoying the car, and that can make almost any car great...

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I would take the vette. My dad's grand sport vette is very impressive. I would hate to have to deal with little annoyances like your cabin heating up easily or burning your leg when stepping out because the viper's exhaust pipes are right there. When you're spending that kind of cash, that is a stupid problem to have.

I agree that most people bad-mouthing the vette most likely can't drive a vehicle to its limits anyways. Same thing with the crotch rocket community. Everyone talks trash about one bike or the next but very few can put their money where their mouth is on a track and perform to the bike's abilities.

Joe Walsh
01-23-2013, 07:27 PM
As I've said....I cannot knock the Vettes for their performance and styling (except for the tailights on the Gen-7 Vettes....:puke:)
But, as Chris pointed out....they are a dime a dozen on the street and almost always being piloted by an old fart.

MrBluGruv
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Maybe it's because San Antonio is a military town, but there are MANY young men driving C5 and C6 Vettes down here. MANY.

Plus, as it turns out, a lot of the folks that like to sink money into cars down here (and I mean REAL money, not Honda-at-Autozone money) build C5 and C6 Corvettes. It's funny to me because they call Vettes the car for those that can't make a fast car themselves, and yet there are plenty of folks that buy them and make them EVEN faster.

Joe Walsh
01-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Maybe it's because San Antonio is a military town, but there are MANY young men driving C5 and C6 Vettes down here. MANY.

Plus, as it turns out, a lot of the folks that like to sink money into cars down here (and I mean REAL money, not Honda-at-Autozone money) build C5 and C6 Corvettes. It's funny to me because they call Vettes the car for those that can't make a fast car themselves, and yet there are plenty of folks that buy them and make them EVEN faster.

Definitely a very different clientele for Vettes in the Baltimore-DC area.
Very few young guys driving them....almost always old farts out to putter around in their bone stock Vettes.

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
...except for the tailights on the Gen-7 Vettes....:puke:).

Photoshopped this today :up:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/HomeyG745i/Photochops/C7Vetterear_zps38f3a016.jpg

WhatsUpDOHC
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Much better.

I don't know what they were thinking with the Camaro tail lights.

Maybe they'll grow on me.