PDA

View Full Version : Dear cigarette smoker

kirk
01-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Dear cigarette smoker,

Let me start by saying that I'm not a smoker, but I do, generally speaking, support your right to smoke. I think that some of the laws that restrict where you can smoke have gone too far. I'm not paranoid about second hand smoke and your smoke doesn't generally bother me. Only once in my life do I remember asking someone not to smoke and that was in my home, at my dinner table, at dinner time.

All of that being said, your butts really piss me off and I'm sick to death of it. Most of you think the world is your ash tray. I see your butts piled up on the ground at intersections and outside of buildings, often right next to real ash trays. I've even seen you throw them on the ground while standing next to an ash tray, and yes I took the time to point it out to you then. I see them coming out of your car windows, creating a fire hazard, and sometimes even hitting my windshield, spraying embers all over my car. You do it without even knowing it because you've done it for so long. Well I've had enough. You can stop anytime you'd like to. You can stop even if you wouldn't like to.

I would happily support your rights to be free and smoke in public if you would simply quit making it so hard for me to do so. Your behavior is selfish and inconsiderate. Stop throwing your fiery trash at me and onto our landscapes. If you want my support, and even if you don't, keep your butts to yourself!

Kirk

1stMerc
01-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm a cigar smoker.
I concur with your sentiment about cigarette buts. never could understand how so many of them could be on thre landscape within walking distance of an ashtray.

RF Overlord
01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Right on, brothers. I don't smoke, and I'm not against others doing so, but PLEASE put the butts somewhere other than the ground right in front of me.

Coaltrain
01-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Dear Kirk,
I agree with most of what you say
I,ve only known 3 out of several hundred smokers that gave any thought to others, litter, or the environment,(fires etcetera )Myown very slightly educated opinion is if you don't care what you put into your body you are not going to care what you put into the environment of others . you just don't think that far out of yourself . I like cigarettes on occaision ,but i pay for the very rare one i smoke ,physically.I probably pollute and disrespect the environment of myself and others by driving older vehicles and heating with wood and all the other innefficient technologies that i like to use too.
But I'm glad that someone other than me has noticed this disregard by others of our common world by cigarrete smokers. What the answer truly is to this i don't know ...maybe a gentle awareness awakening just like this for those who smoke and fling to share with everyone . Thanks for speaking up. I hope you don't get crucified! coaltrain

TFB
01-18-2013, 06:18 PM
LOL, I used to live beside a old guy that smoked on his back steps then flicked the butts over the fence into my yard... When I realized where they were coming from, I started saving them and one day tossed probably 50 back over the fence into his yard... Nothing was ever said but problem was solved...

SC Cheesehead
01-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Cigarette smoke stinks up the air around us, and as you've so aptly pointed out, kirk, the butts so very often litter the environment around us. However, it took me almost twenty years to come to that realization. I never understood what a dirty habit it was until I quit; but back in the day I was one of those who would dump my butts wherever/whenever the ashtray got full. I feel ashamed about that now, but at the time, it didn't seem like a big deal, funny how perception works. :o Now, as an ex-smoker, I'm on the other side of the fence, and as such, I don't have much tolerance for cigarettes.

IMO, it's a dirty habit. Vent concluded, carry on...

whitey
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
all this talk about cigarettes and butts makes me want to go smoke one right now:P, i smoke and i try and use a recepticle if one is provided, but lets look at this in a different approach, if no one threw their butts on the ground, how would baby birds stay so soft and snugglie in their nest? somebody in the cities waste dept. gets paid to clean up trash on the streets, they are able to provide for their family, and collect a paycheck by cleaning up the mess everyone makes. some homeless person is hoping to find a butt, so he can have one more drag before bed tonight. and the list goes on and on......:beatnik::beer:

kirk
01-18-2013, 07:07 PM
all this talk about cigarettes and butts makes me want to go smoke one right now:P, i smoke and i try and use a recepticle if one is provided, but lets look at this in a different approach, if no one threw their butts on the ground, how would baby birds stay so soft and snugglie in their nest? somebody in the cities waste dept. gets paid to clean up trash on the streets, they are able to provide for their family, and collect a paycheck by cleaning up the mess everyone makes. some homeless person is hoping to find a butt, so he can have one more drag before bed tonight. and the list goes on and on......:beatnik::beer:

And this is why it will never end.

fastblackmerc
01-18-2013, 07:14 PM
As a cigar smoker also, I dispose on my stub in the appropriate receptacle.

cat in the hat
01-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Throwing cigarette butts on the ground is a public health issue of critical importance, even more than drinking big soft drinks. Maybe even more than salt shakers.

They should definitely pass a lot of laws against it, with huge fines and / or jail time.

Mr. Man
01-18-2013, 08:17 PM
When I used to smoke in college I would never think to throw the part to small to smoke onto the ground. I just rolled it into the next one. :rasta:.....:D

Joe Walsh
01-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Dear cigarette smoker,

Let me start by saying that I'm not a smoker, but I do, generally speaking, support your right to smoke. I think that some of the laws that restrict where you can smoke have gone too far. I'm not paranoid about second hand smoke and your smoke doesn't generally bother me. Only once in my life do I remember asking someone not to smoke and that was in my home, at my dinner table, at dinner time.

All of that being said, your butts really piss me off and I'm sick to death of it. Most of you think the world is your ash tray. I see your butts piled up on the ground at intersections and outside of buildings, often right next to real ash trays. I've even seen you throw them on the ground while standing next to an ash tray, and yes I took the time to point it out to you then. I see them coming out of your car windows, creating a fire hazard, and sometimes even hitting my windshield, spraying embers all over my car. You do it without even knowing it because you've done it for so long. Well I've had enough. You can stop anytime you'd like to. You can stop even if you wouldn't like to.

I would happily support your rights to be free and smoke in public if you would simply quit making it so hard for me to do so. Your behavior is selfish and inconsiderate. Stop throwing your fiery trash at me and onto our landscapes. If you want my support, and even if you don't, keep your butts to yourself!

Kirk

The good news is that the offenders tend to die from lung cancer....

As a cigar smoker also, I dispose on my stub in the appropriate receptacle.

Monica!!! .....:eek:

tbone
01-18-2013, 11:05 PM
I use ashtrays and never throw them on the ground when a choice is available.
I throw them out the window of the car (and always look in the mirror to make sure I won't nail someone) because they stink up the interior, and ash trays are no longer available in cars anymore. Have you ever seen one in a Marauder? They are also biodegradable, unlike other types of trash that is everywhere.
I would be more concerned with all the other **** people throw out their windows and let pile up around their homes, businesses etc. Not to mention dumping motor oil and other chemicals in the storm sewers, etc., etc.

tbone
01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
The good news is that the offenders tend to die from lung cancer....

That is not a cool or funny thing to say in the least.

Mr. Man
01-19-2013, 12:04 AM
I use ashtrays and never throw them on the ground when a choice is available.
I throw them out the window of the car (and always look in the mirror to make sure I won't nail someone) because they stink up the interior, and ash trays are no longer available in cars anymore. Have you ever seen one in a Marauder? They are also biodegradable, unlike other types of trash that is everywhere.
I would be more concerned with all the other **** people throw out their windows and let pile up around their homes, businesses etc. Not to mention dumping motor oil and other chemicals in the storm sewers, etc., etc.
My MM came with an ashbin, in fact both of ours have them. They fit into the cupholder.

1stMerc
01-19-2013, 12:09 AM
When I used to smoke in college I would never think to throw the part to small to smoke onto the ground. I just rolled it into the next one. :rasta:.....:D

Must have been a Camel man :beatnik:

05crownsport
01-19-2013, 05:48 AM

I'd have to agree with Joe on this one. My father in law passed away in 2005 at the age of 58! Yes, he smoked, and it's what killed him...rather quickly! He was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer in october and died at the end of December. I have friends who smoke, and encourage them all to quit. My father quit in his 30's, and he is now 82!

jimbok1951
01-19-2013, 06:16 AM
When I smoked the military "field Stripping" carried to civilian life. Butt problem, none.

MMcactusflower
01-19-2013, 07:03 AM
Throwing the butts out of the car here in the dry, drought plagued hill country of Texas is a very dangerous thing to do and yet I witness that act every week.
I wish I could show smokers the lungs of those who chose to do so...those that I saw in med school that were abused and used up (for the most part)...but smoking is a personal decision I suppose...still, it is a nasty and expensive habit (as are many others we could mention) that most often (though there are folks who live long and prosper smoking three packs a day) leads to lung dysfunction over time...and possible death.

Haggis
01-19-2013, 07:58 AM

they are talking about tobacco not wackie tobckie.

Joe Walsh
01-19-2013, 08:29 AM

The "good news" was a sarcastic comment.

BUT...the rest of my comment is the truth.

People who choose to smoke, and continue to smoke after encountering health problems, are knowingly killing themselves.

My father, a life long smoker, died of lung cancer after previuosly being diagnosed and sucessfully treated for esophagial cancer.
1 in 4 people survive esophagial cancer.
Guess what he did as soon as he had recovered from his first bout with cancer???
Yep..... he started smoking again.....:mad2:

I guess that I can thank my dad for making me hate cigarettes and for me never smoking them.

justbob
01-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Can we get back to the topic at hand and quit with the lectures on health. Like it isn't already an extremely wore out subject...

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
01-19-2013, 09:15 AM
My MM came with an ashbin, in fact both of ours have them. They fit into the cupholder.

I still have mine... never used.

Joe Walsh
01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Can we get back to the topic at hand and quit with the lectures on health. Like it isn't already an extremely wore out subject...

I thought that the topic is cigarette smokers and their annoying habits.....:dunno:

If you want extremely worn out subjects....try the voluminous "Which tires fit my Marauder?" and "Which Supercharger is best for my Marauder?" threads.

SC Cheesehead
01-19-2013, 09:33 AM
I still have mine... never used.

Me too. I ues mine as a change holder.

justbob
01-19-2013, 09:33 AM
I thought that the topic is cigarette smokers and their annoying habits.....:dunno:

If you want extremely worn out subjects....try the voluminous "Which tires fit my Marauder?" and "Which Supercharger is best for my Marauder?" threads.

I guess I can't argue that! 😊

Thread was started on butts. Trust me when I say we have heard the bad for your health thing a billion times. Didn't you know that if you have a hangnail, it's from smoking? Or the red bumpy parts on your stink hole are not from that burrito with extra peppers, they are from smoking!

Joe Walsh
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I guess I can't argue that! ��

Thread was started on butts. Trust me when I say we have heard the bad for your health thing a billion times. Didn't you know that if you have a hangnail, it's from smoking?

Or the red bumpy parts on your stink hole are not from that burrito with extra peppers, they are from smoking!

Naw....I never thought that....always knew it was from too much cheap Mexican food and beer!...........:P

Try some of this.....

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/JoeJWalsh/BoudreauxsButtPaste.jpg

ohhh and stop smoking!

Thread officially HIJACKED!

Ozark Marauder
01-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Cigarette butts are litter. ALL litter is irresponsible....

OZ

cat in the hat
01-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Cigarette butts are litter. ALL litter is irresponsible....

OZ

Cigarette smoking is the most irresponsible thing you can do, it is a public health emergency and must be banned.

Owning a firearm is the most irresponsible thing you can do, it is a public health emergency and must be banned.

Driving a car with a V8 is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public heath emergency and must be banned.

Drinking soft drinks is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public health emergency and must be banned.

Eating butter, eggs, salt or baked goods made with shortening is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public heath emergency and must be banned.

Operating a motor vehicle on a public street without a helmet is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public heath emergency and must be banned.

Doing stuff that somebody else didn't give you permission to do is the most irr . . . ..

Vortech347
01-19-2013, 10:51 AM
80% of smokers are low income. Are you?

cat in the hat
01-19-2013, 10:59 AM

I don't even smoke.

I apologize if I've lost my patience for the current craze for everybody to assume that they have the right to tell everybody else what to do, down to the most minute thing.

Of course, if you live in Utah, you're probably already used to that.

guspech750
01-19-2013, 11:27 AM
We should ban toilet paper too.

Because sometimes your finger pokes through when the paper fails.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

whitey
01-19-2013, 11:36 AM

Sent from my iPhone 4S

when that happens....i just start working it on in:eek:

Krytin
01-19-2013, 12:26 PM

I knew there were many reasons I like you Eric!!!
Thanks for pointing out another one!

Krytin
01-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Cigarette smoking is the most irresponsible thing you can do, it is a public health emergency and must be banned.

Owning a firearm is the most irresponsible thing you can do, it is a public health emergency and must be banned.

Driving a car with a V8 is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public heath emergency and must be banned.

Drinking soft drinks is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public health emergency and must be banned.

Eating butter, eggs, salt or baked goods made with shortening is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public heath emergency and must be banned.

Operating a motor vehicle on a public street without a helmet is the most irresponsible thing you can do. It is a public heath emergency and must be banned.

Doing stuff that somebody else didn't give you permission to do is the most irr . . . ..

You are still missing the point - NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU DO TO YOURSELF in the OP of this thread!

The OP is tired of smokers throwing the BUTTS out on the ground and littering and I and many people agree. Ask the last guy what happened when he bounced a butt of my windshield!

This isn't about politics it's about being a slob-f-/k!

tbone
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I have never once in 34 years of driving had a cigarette hit my car.

SC Cheesehead
01-19-2013, 04:50 PM
I have never once in 34 years of driving had a cigarette hit my car.

Really?

Used to happen to me all the time; only occasionally now.

Granddaddy Marq
01-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Sent from my iPhone 4S

That my friend is a defective product. The manufactuer should be made to pay. Can you say "Class Action Lawsuit"?

cat in the hat
01-19-2013, 05:12 PM
You are still missing the point - NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU DO TO YOURSELF in the OP of this thread!

The OP is tired of smokers throwing the BUTTS out on the ground and littering and I and many people agree. Ask the last guy what happened when he bounced a butt of my windshield!

This isn't about politics it's about being a slob-f-/k!

How dare you rant about my counter-rant in a rant thread ! ;)

Krytin
01-19-2013, 05:26 PM
How dare you rant about my counter-rant in a rant thread ! ;)
True - glad we both got that off our chests!

I'm not a big fan of legislation.
I just hate inconsiderate slobs with a passion!

Mr. Man
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Don't know how many of us are low income but I know a few are low rent :D

tbone
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Really?

Used to happen to me all the time; only occasionally now.

Cigarettes hitting your windshield? I've run over a few, but never hit on my bumper or windshield.

I may have "accidentally" flicked my cigarette upwards out the window to piss off some idiot tailgater a few times........

Bigdogjim
01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
You know,,, I never started smoking ,,,because I was told it could stunt your growth?

justbob
01-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Don't know how many of us are low income but I know a few are low rent :D

Not really sure where he was going with that one? Now we have problems with low income? This site is getting quite snobby.

whitey
01-19-2013, 06:46 PM
You know,,, I never started smoking ,,,because I was told it could stunt your growth?
Your living proof bud

Shaijack
01-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Us low income folks resemble that remark. I do not smoke, drink or fool around, I am a boring guy. I never flick my butt out of windows. I think it is an ugly sight to see all the cig butts on the side of the road.

Granddaddy Marq
01-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Yes! I quit smoking, and I'm still low income.

Bigdogjim
01-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Your living proof bud

Man I tell,,, you it's pays to listen!!!!

Mr. Man
01-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Not really sure where he was going with that one? Now we have problems with low income? This site is getting quite snobby.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using TapatalkIf you ain't rockin' Grey Poupon on your samich you ain't, well you know :P:D

Blk04MM
01-19-2013, 09:26 PM

....^^....

guspech750
01-19-2013, 10:09 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/20/yra7y6ur.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4S

PonyUP
01-20-2013, 07:10 AM

Made up stats pulled out of thin air are never going to secure an argument. This is not even close to accurate. Even if it was, so what? Are you just looking for another reason to dislike low income people.

There is always someone that makes more money than which in effect means we are all low income

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

whitey
01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Im so poor which is also why i roll my own for $. 74 a pack. I always knew i belonged in this trailer park...:P

PonyUP
01-20-2013, 01:29 PM
It's been common knowledge for many years that low income people tend to smoke more than other classes. Anyway, after a quick search on google, here is one article on it.

http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/research/factsheets/pdf/0260.pdf

Just sayin'.

No doubt there are many low income people that smoke. There are also plenty of high income that smoke.

The amount of money you make has little correlation to whether or not you smoke except for that being the means in which someone spends their money.

To say 80 percent of smokers are low income is inaccurate and holds no weight to the topic of the thread other than to launch an post aimed for more drama

cat in the hat
01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
I remember when everybody smoked, and you were trashy if you had a tattoo.

Now, everybody has a tattoo, and you're trashy if you smoke.

Despite the current attitude of superiority and enlightenment, nothing's really changed - everyone is just as prejudiced and as judgemental as ever.

Vortech347
01-20-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't even smoke.

I apologize if I've lost my patience for the current craze for everybody to assume that they have the right to tell everybody else what to do, down to the most minute thing.

Of course, if you live in Utah, you're probably already used to that.

I'm not mormon if that is what you are implying. :D I wouldn't own an MM. I'd need a Minivan for 10 kids.

Most people I know that smoke take their paycheck and buy a carton of smokes first thing as priority.

Mr. Man
01-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I remember when everybody smoked, and you were trashy if you had a tattoo.

Now, everybody has a tattoo, and you're trashy if you smoke.

Despite the current attitude of superiority and enlightenment, nothing's really changed - everyone is just as prejudiced and as judgemental as ever.
I don't smoke or have a tatoo, :hmmm:........ :thinker: that must make me......a God!.......................:D

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
I don't smoke or have a tatoo, :hmmm:........ :thinker: that must make me......a God!.......................:D

Small g, bubba; small g....

Bigdogjim
01-21-2013, 06:32 AM
I always told people when asked on the bus if they could smoke yes,,, Just don't exhale:laugh:

Haggis
01-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I don't smoke or have a tatoo, :hmmm:........ :thinker: that must make me......a Dog!.......................:D

Down Dino, down!!

whitey
01-21-2013, 07:09 AM
I always told people when asked on the bus if they could smoke yes,,, Just don't exhale:laugh:

Lmao, smartazz

Spectragod
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
No doubt there are many low income people that smoke. There are also plenty of high income that smoke.

The amount of money you make has little correlation to whether or not you smoke except for that being the means in which someone spends their money.

To say 80 percent of smokers are low income is inaccurate and holds no weight to the topic of the thread other than to launch an post aimed for more drama

I only smoke my Nitto's, and I must be high income, because they are expensive.:burnout:

PonyUP
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
I only smoke my Nitto's, and I must be high income, because they are expensive.:burnout:

I hear that

Shaijack
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Darren good one. I only get one check a year so I guess I am poor also.