PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Hose or Flexable Hose

Bluerauder
01-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I know flexible is spelled wrong; but that is another brand name "Flexable".

My next door neighbor decided to wash his car today since the temps were in the upper 50s. He was using a "Pocket Hose" >>>>> https://www.pockethose.com/?gclid=CNmsu-Pk97QCFQSg4Aod5icA1Q

Interesting concept and seems to work rather well. The hose is compact and expands to either 25', 50', 75' or 100' depending on the size that you buy. He says that they are available at CVS, Target, or Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I usually carry a 50' section of regular hose in my car for those trips where I might need to do a quick hand wash at a car show like Carlisle or Marauderville. This hose retracts to a small, compact size and can be stored in the trunk organizer. I might be replacing my hose soon.

For those who ask about car washes, etc., this might be a good choice. Don't forget to pick up a universal faucet key so you can use the hotel faucets.

loud2004marquis
01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
I just saw those advertised on tv the other night and was wondering if they were any good. Thinking about getting one myself. If it ends up being junk, doesn't seem like much of a loss.

Bluerauder
01-20-2013, 02:15 PM
I just seen these advertised on tv the other night and was wondering if they were any good. Thinking about getting one myself. If it doesn't work, doesn't seem like much of a loss.
The neighbor was out for a couple hours today and washed two cars. It worked just fine. The "rubber skin" is pretty thin so I doubt that it will work for more than a single season. Longer than that the rubber may dry out and begin to crack ... then leaks will develop.

I see it more as a temporary quick measure for those times when you have to do a wash and don't have other convenient options. My hose got a workout at Carlisle several years ago when it rained on Friday all day and didn't quit until after 10:30 PM. We had a midnight MM washing party that year.

loud2004marquis
01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah, even if you buy a new one each year seems like it would be a nice thing to have. Can't go wrong with the price!

WhatsUpDOHC
01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I was looking for these but couldn't find them in stores. I wasn't going to pay their S/H charges!

Shaijack
01-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Best thing is you can put it in your pocket. Is that a Flex hose in your pocket or are you glad to see me. It will surprise everyone. Looks like a good product to fit in your trunk.

WhatsUpDOHC
04-28-2013, 11:36 AM
My wife got me one of these (50') a few weeks ago for $20 at Sears.

I have to say that it works well - Packs up to about the size of a large coffee can.

Would be good for travel - For hooking up to hotel water faucets.

cat in the hat
04-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Best thing is you can put it in your pocket. Is that a Flex hose in your pocket or are you glad to see me. It will surprise everyone. Looks like a good product to fit in your trunk.

A hose you can keep in your pocket . . . it surprises everyone when you take it out . . . it gets much larger when you're using it . . . hmmm . . . wait, don't tell me . . .

Marauderjack
04-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I was given a 50 foot Pocket Hose for my B'day and it really works well then stores easily when "deflated"!! After rinsing our deck we can water all the plants as it deflates!!

BTW, Wally-World has them now for $19.95 instead of $29.95 on TV!!:beer:

Shaijack
04-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Great idea for your MM.
Just pull it a few times and watch it grow. The hose that is.