PDA

View Full Version : "Smoked" Headlights.

woaface
03-04-2004, 08:55 PM
This is something I've seen around on a few cars, I think what i've seen is mostly aftermarket, except for the 2005 Altima yet to be released. I noticed this again on a Mustang GT earlier today and I can't stand it anymore...it's completely awesome, and I'd love to know if I can get a "paint" for this to be done, or something like that.

http://www.partshopper.com/catalog/itemdisplay/370.html

CRUZTAKER
03-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I have always liked the look, and even tossed the idea around with few folks here. That's what I in particular am missing.

Patrick
03-05-2004, 02:14 AM
That is a cool look!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone help????//

SouLRioT
03-05-2004, 03:41 AM
i guess you could use the nightshades, just not a heavy coat. not sure how leagel that is though.

woaface
03-05-2004, 06:36 AM
There's something like nightshades for headlights, but it's an actual cover that snaps into place or something like that. I see this mostly on Chevy trucks and Camaros.

duhtroll
03-05-2004, 07:11 AM
Nite Shades IIRC is illegal on headlights, BUT if you have some manual dexterity a thin even coat on the inside of the plastic would look nice. (I knew those music conducting classes would come in handy someday) I would advise against overspraying or more than one coat, because if they are too dark you will have the fine and the replacement cost. Around here I would not worry about it - not sure about the LEOs where you are.

-A

woaface
03-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Sounds good. LEO's don't care about much here either. I blew by a fully dressed P71 (accidentally!) doing 60 in 45. He look at me, but not twice.

FordNut
03-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Nite Shades IIRC is illegal on headlights, BUT if you have some manual dexterity a thin even coat on the inside of the plastic would look nice. (I knew those music conducting classes would come in handy someday) I would advise against overspraying or more than one coat, because if they are too dark you will have the fine and the replacement cost. Around here I would not worry about it - not sure about the LEOs where you are.

-A

I don't think it's possible to do the insides. The lights are one piece and don't come apart. I guess you could mask off the areas on the outside of the lens that you don't want tinted and just spray the edges. But Niteshades is definitely not legal for use on headlights (nor safe) so spraying the entire surface would be a bad idea.

Ross
03-05-2004, 01:16 PM
I think they would look cool on a black MM, but I've always had a question about them. Doesn't the darkening cut down on how much light gets out from your headlights? I want as much light as I can get at night, not to cut down on how much I get.

woaface
03-05-2004, 01:18 PM
I think they would look cool on a black MM, but I've always had a question about them. Doesn't the darkening cut down on how much light gets out from your headlights? I want as much light as I can get at night, not to cut down on how much I get.
Hmm, this is true. I guess I'll get really big spotlights then:up:

No really though, I agree. Maybe just the side lamps or something then, but I really like the look.

Haggis
03-05-2004, 02:13 PM
...Smoked Headlights.

You smoked headlights :pimp: What is this younger generation coming too. They will do anything now a days to catch a buz. Barry was talking about N2O in another Thread and now James is talking about smoking headlights. Next thing you will hear about is people using the S/C as a bong. :nono: James please immediately contact Smoking Headlights Anonymous at 555-SMK-HDLIT. Because it's your future and we care. :depress:

woaface
03-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Nooo! I can't do it! I just love being lit!:beer:

S/C as a bong! Great idea! And the Vortech's really work for speed.

Dr Caleb
03-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Next thing you will hear about is people using the S/C as a bong. :nono:

Dude!

Now I want a twinkie in a baaaaad way... :)