PDA

View Full Version : Rave: Chicago Police

Motorhead350
01-31-2013, 08:02 PM
I get home and the wife tells me she has a confession to make. I tell her as long as I didn't notice anything, there was no need to confess. She then told me she had an orange envelope on the windshield of her truck this morning. This is when it get's interesting.

Assuming the worst, I thought it would be a ticket. Turns out early this morning she could not find her truck key. We keep a spare inside the truck and use the punchcode if we need to. She get's in and sees what appears as a ticket. She goes to get the orange envelope off of the windshield, opens it and instead of a ticket it's her truck keys.

An officer found her keys, must have pushed the lock button, found the truck and put them in a ticket envelope.... because no one wants to open one of those. The officer prevented theft of our vehicle and gave us our keys back. The only down side is I do not know how to thank the person. It turns out the wife had a hole in the pocket of her jacket.

Talk about serving and protecting.

Just think about it. A few days ago we have a thread on how to be respectful towards officers, then this happens.

I love Karma, it's never been bad to us.

guspech750
01-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Interestingly cool.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

05crownsport
01-31-2013, 08:32 PM
That's great news...and very clever of the officer to use such tactics.

stevengerard
01-31-2013, 08:49 PM
that is cool. many many good guys out there.

Ken
02-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Where's the LIKE button? :banana2:

CBT
02-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Where's the LIKE button? :banana2:
"Bend over I'll show ya!"

Ken
02-01-2013, 05:11 AM
"Bend over I'll show ya!":sweat::sweat:

ChiTownMaraud3r
02-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Holy ****zz... way to go CPD.

My dad was just telling me about a time in the mid 90s where a guy tried to rip him off when buying a semi truck off him in Lansing. My dad went to CPD station and was blown off..went to Lansing PD, after quick investigation with the bank, they called the guy, told him that if he didn't get to the police station with the money or the truck back, they were going to drag him out of the house and kick his ass. Guy shows up 15 minutes later with cash LOL, cops were awesome, refused to take any money when my dad offered them for the help.

Some good cops still out there.

CBT
02-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I get home and the wife tells me she has a confession to make. I tell her as long as I didn't notice anything, there was no need to confess. She then told me she had an orange envelope on the windshield of her truck this morning. This is when it get's interesting.

Assuming the worst, I thought it would be a ticket. Turns out early this morning she could not find her truck key. We keep a spare inside the truck and use the punchcode if we need to. She get's in and sees what appears as a ticket. She goes to get the orange envelope off of the windshield, opens it and instead of a ticket it's her truck keys.

An officer found her keys, must have pushed the lock button, found the truck and put them in a ticket envelope.... because no one wants to open one of those. The officer prevented theft of our vehicle and gave us our keys back. The only down side is I do not know how to thank the person. It turns out the wife had a hole in the pocket of her jacket.

Talk about serving and protecting.

Just think about it. A few days ago we have a thread on how to be respectful towards officers, then this happens.

I love Karma, it's never been bad to us.

Put a donut in the envelope and put it back on the windshield? :dunno: