PDA

View Full Version : Lucky lucky me...

woaface
03-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Along the road a sharp piece of something sits, just brushed or dropped into the road in my lane, waiting for me to come by. It's 9 p.m. and dark.

The road is two lanes and almost 4 miles long, 3/4 a mile curves and dips the rest is wide open straight pavement. Before I enter the road a piece of Jap-crap suzuki pulls out just ahead of me. It's an Esteem and it's rollin' on 18inch dubs. Why did he put such big wheels on such a tiny car? Anyways, We both pull onto the same road entrance road (50 feet long) and then onto the south end of the road where the curves begin.

We're both moving fairly quickly along the road, but nothing too serious (40-50) as it's somewhat back out of the way of the city. On the first to last turn I hear 'POP!' and I know it's from his car...half a second passes and his brake lights come on, his rear left tire leaving a half C mark in the road and he's in the right side ditch...almost into a tree. I was pacing him at 30mph right before he left the road.

Unfortunately the has made him a retard he and never notices me pull off of the road to see if he's ok. He continues on past me and I get right back in behind. There was enough force to some how short both of his tail lights and high posted third brake light.

Unfortunately, he's still retarded and doesn't notice me flash him 3 more times to let him know to pull over...I can hear his tire flapping and can only judge by the car whether he's slowing down or speeding up. So this is exactly why he's doing 40-45 down this road:shake:.

He pulls of into the first neighborhood entrance on the right. Comes to the first stop-sign and keeps going till he's at his house. He looks oddly at me when he get's out of his car. I say "Hey man are you ok?" He's quite for a moment and says yes. "All of your tail-lights are gone dude...you hit that ditch pretty hard." He's still quiet, opens the door and puts the keys in, turns the lights on magic! The lights come on...he depresses the brake pedal and they still come on, although somewhat dimmed. "Are they on dude?" "Yes, now they are" I say. "You're pretty lucky, you came a foot from a tree" I can see he thinks this is a stupid so I quickly go into "How big are those rims? 18 or 19 inches?" "18...but thanks man, I appreciate your help...DAMN! I've got a flat!" "Yeah man (I'm thinking NO *****!) it was flapping really loudly the entire way back"

Yeah, I'm really happy that was him and not me in the ditch...his car was small enough to fit, in and out. Mine would have been bridged over the dirt and I probably would have lost a bumper.

MARAUDERCHICK
03-06-2004, 08:59 PM
First thing that comes to my mind is...........

"Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody in there? Just smile if you can hear me, Is there anyone at home????" (Pink Floyd)

Makes you wonder how in the world did they get a driver's license!!

Like you said, better him than you! You're a good man for stopping to check on him......even though he WAS a DORK!!!:rolleyes:

Patrick
03-06-2004, 09:39 PM
I know the type James. A few years back while I was in th National Guard had a simaler type of car. Well we needed to drive to Ft Stewart and he wanted to ride with me, I asked " My car is already full, Sorry but whats wrong with yours?" He said I cant drive over 50 mph with those tires. To Myself " Then WTF were you thinking!" I let that one go!!! But aleast no one got hurt!!!!

But MauaderChick hit right on the head with that Pink Floyd Song :bows: :bows: :up:

woaface
03-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah, there are way too many people around here who shouldn't have driver's licenses. Oh well, they just work themselves into the ditches:)

BTW, smoked a ricer today...92 or so turbo Integra...that's about all I can run w/ in the new weather.:down: