PDA

View Full Version : Odd noise from somewhere rear...

woaface
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Have you ever been to IHOP or something in the booths and bounced in your seat? Makes a kind or "err er err er" noise? Like a frog or something? Yeah, that's what my axle sounds like. Maybe my bushings or something? It's very rare, mostly when I'm doing in incline, slowly in a parking lot and only when I'm turning. Happens several times when it does, maybe 4-6.

Also my passenger window rattles like a snake unless the road is smooth as glass. Both front windows roll up in a painfully slow manner. How can not one, but two window motors die at 37,935 miles? This is quite annoying.

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't know about frog sounds....:o

As far as the window, pull the panel and inspect. Sounds as if you may have a not come loose on the window track .

woaface
03-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I don't know about frog sounds....:o

As far as the window, pull the panel and inspect. Sounds as if you may have a not come loose on the window track .
Tried that...there's a white sheet...looks like dynomat only just a plastic cover...as far as I could see inside of that...all I could get to or see was glass.

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2004, 09:28 PM
ok, did you peel the entire sheet off, and with the window rolled UP, hand test the window tracks for movement?

woaface
03-06-2004, 09:30 PM
I was somewhat hesitant to pull that sheet off...

CRUZTAKER
03-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Hope the chat info worked....let me know what you found :up:

DL04
03-07-2004, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=woaface]Have you ever been to IHOP or something in the booths and bounced in your seat? Makes a kind or "err er err er" noise? Like a frog or something? Yeah, that's what my axle sounds like. Maybe my bushings or something? It's very rare, mostly when I'm doing in incline, slowly in a parking lot and only when I'm turning. Happens several times when it does, maybe 4-6.
I drive a 2003 CVPI at work 40k. Went in for an axle bearing a month ago now its making the exact noise you described,especially at low speed but only seems to do it when turning,does make a clunking noise when going straight though. Nobody wants to send it in for repairs because the spare cars are really bad! Maybe I'll down it tomorrow since I'm off for the next 4 days.I'll let you know what our ace techs find.

Bluerauder
03-07-2004, 07:47 AM
woaface,

I have the same "slow window" problem on the passenger front. :( The driver side window operates fine; but the painfully slow passenger side is irritating. My MM has only 6,500 miles. Will have the L/M techs check it out at the next service. My dealer does a great job -- and details the car at each visit. Nice to see a real service organization in operation.:P